Wacky news " what have I done bad, mami? "

Carlitos

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Ethnic group of those who are going to die.
Y-DNA haplogroup
E1b1b1a3 V22+
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c
Red sticker for a 5-year-old child for Catalan does not speak in the court

A school in Sitges has put a sign in red in the records of the child for not speaking in Catalan in the court during the playtime.

The junking of Spanish language and of the people who uses it in Catalonia begins from the infancy. This way it has happened in a center of Sitges, as it denounces Ciudadanos (Political Party), after making her proper his parents.

A school of Sitges has put a red mark in the records of a five-year-old child for not speaking " in the transport language ", such and since he gathers ABC. In fact, on having come to house with the notes, the pupil knowing that this mark was slightly negative asked: what have I done bad, mami? Why have they made me a sticker red? ".

c.php

(In red) Participation in conversations using the transport language of the school center.

And the fact is that the document that the small one took to house values the level of verbal language for several facets as the oral expression or the pronunciation, which they are evaluated by marks by the colors of a semaphore.
In this sense, it is the paragraph three where the child saw the red sign. This point values if the child " takes part in conversations using the transport language of the center ". This situation infuriated the parents, who denounced the situation before Ciudadanos (political Party).

The spokesman of Citizens, Jordi Cañas, there have denounced that " we do not want that any child is marked by a sticker in red for speaking in Castilian, we do not want a community in which the people indicate you for the language that you speak ".
This way, he insists that " the parents must have the right to choose the language in which they study his children and the pigeonhole to do this election in the preinscription does not exist ". Also, he thinks that " the languages are rights of the citizens and not of the school centers ".

http://www.libertaddigital.com/soci...por-no-hablar-catalan-en-el-patio-1276414551/

People who want these things to continue happening must vote for PSOE.

This is not a global problem in Catalonia, only a few schools presented situations like this. Ciudadanos, as usual, use things like this for its own benefit, trying to make belive this is a problem you find everywhere.

Of course, this is completely false, and only 4 charlatans who vote them and the PP think Castilian is pursued in Catalonia.

And by the way, PSOE is the same bad for Catalonia as the PP. Those who want this to "continue happening" (LOL), for sure will not vote the PSOE.

I don't understand why some people living in Catalonia don't want to learn Catalan, it is not respectful and is a sign of not wanting to integrate. Simply.

That's another point I fully agree.

And of course, Castilian and Catalan can stay together without problems, and that's exactly how it works. Those who pretend to make believe another thing, as I said, are nothing but dishonest charlatan liars.

It is in the child's interest to learn and speak catalan if living there. Mastering catalan can really make a difference when looking for a job, especially in well sought after Generalitat or other government jobs. Some parents are just too stupid to understand that. A lot of foreign nationals from South America resent that too, but few make the effort to learn it and therefore deprive themselves from better job and career opportunities.

For clarity, "transport language" has to be translated as vehicular language, as opposed to vernacular (used by the local population). That means kids are allowed to use spanish, but isn't the point of a language course to encourage the kid to use its target language? It all makes sense from a linguistic and teaching point of view to me. Two remarks; first, the original article was published in the ABC newspaper, a pro-PP publication, at the fringe of the right political spectrum, barely objective point of view though. Second, the last phrase of the text reads " I show interest in learning the english language"...

For clarity, "transport language" has to be translated as vehicular language, as opposed to vernacular (used by the local population). That means kids are allowed to use spanish, but isn't the point of a language course to encourage the kid to use its target language? It all makes sense from a linguistic and teaching point of view to me. Two remarks; first, the original article was published in the ABC newspaper, a pro-PP publication, at the fringe of the right political spectrum, barely objective point of view though. Second, the last phrase of the text reads " I show interest in learning the english language"...

Spanish must be co-vehicular at schools along with Catalan . 100% immersion in Catalan like regional government is doing in public schools right now is illegal. But in Spain people are used to politicians acting illegaly, they have accepted they can't expect another behaviour from them. Spain is not a country where Law is strictly obeyed. I agree that purely for linguistic purposes if you want to learn Catalan perfectly it's better to study all the subjects in Catalan, but I don't think the goal of most students in Catalonia is to master the catalan language, just to pass their exams, and if it's easier and more productive too for them to study let's say Maths in Spanish, let it be so. There is no need to add extra difficulties to students in a Spanish region like Catalonia where students failure rate ranks among the highest in Spain. Furthermore, if one buys the immersion argument , then considering that since not all people speak Spanish natively one could also argue that native Catalan speakers should study all subjects in Spanish in order for them to master the Spanish language. That is, immersion should be bi-directional, not only for native Spanish speakers. In the end it's more important for native Catalan speakers to speak properly an important language like Spanish than learning Catalan for native Spanish speakers in Catalonia who after leaving the education system won't use Catalan anymore unless they want to become civil servants of the Catalan regional government.

In the end it's more important for native Catalan speakers to speak properly an important language like Spanish than learning Catalan for native Spanish speakers in Catalonia who after leaving the education system won't use Catalan anymore unless they want to become civil servants of the Catalan regional government.

That shows how bad you know Catalonia. To start with, all Catalan speakers I ever met also spoke Spanish. All of them, not one exception. To follow, Catalan is spoken everywhere in Catalonia. If you haven't heard it, I just can not take you seriously. Spanish is taught in Catalonia as a foreign language, and that is what really bothers every castillan speaker there. Spanish is not an endangered language in Catalonia, even though some political parties try to convince the rest of Spain of the contrary.

That shows how bad you know Catalonia. To start with, all Catalan speakers I ever met also spoke Spanish. All of them, not one exception. To follow, Catalan is spoken everywhere in Catalonia. If you haven't heard it, I just can not take you seriously. Spanish is taught in Catalonia as a foreign language, and that is what really bothers every castillan speaker there. Spanish is not an endangered language in Catalonia, even though some political parties try to convince the rest of Spain of the contrary.

That they speak Spanish does not mean they use it well, specially when written. You as a foreigner won't notice that just by visiting Barcelona for a few days. Take for instance a native Spanish speaker in Catalonia. Granted he will speak Spanish to you even if he never studied Spanish at school, but he may not be able to write it properly because hours of study in Spanish in Catalonia are not sufficient. Of course we bother about that because it is illegal as I said earlier and provokes functionally illiterate people (let me remark again that Catalonia posesses one of highest student failure rate in Spain and that most of those students are native Spanish speakers speaks a lot) . Also Spanish is the language spoken natively by a majority of Catalans, so teaching Spanish as a foreign language just like English is like saying those Catalans are foreigners in their own land.

Last edited:
You actually contradict yourself here. Spanish is not ostracized in Catalonia, but Catalan is the vehicular language of the autonomous government, and teaching is donr through Catalan. I am sure Madrid can open a couple of schools where kids would be taught exclusively through Spanish, most Catalans would not care. On the other hand, if Catalans living in Madrid would complain about not having thr opportunity to have their kids taught in Catalan, I can very well imagine the reaction of Madrilens: "go back to Catalunya if you want to speak Catalan".
Here is an article published some time ago that can give you another way of seeing how Catalans see the central government. That will help you understand that they think they give enough to Madrid and want their culture left in peace.

http://quiron.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/del-blog-de-la-vanguardia/

The Catalan politicians impose the Catalan, but they take his children to schools of other languages

They impose the Catalan, but they take to his children to schools of other languages High charges of the PSC, advocates of the linguistic immersion, have his children registered in private centers on Mondays LVL, February 15, 2010, 11:29 Madrid. - Many of the Catalan politicians who defend the linguistic obligatory immersion in Catalan takes to his children to schools deprived of elite in those who do not apply to themselves these measurements

José Montilla, ex-president of the Generalitat, has his triplets registered in the select German School, where they learn four languages

Also other charges of the PSC like Manuela de Madre, vice-president of the formation, José Zaragoza, secretary of organization, Joaquim Nadal, Catalan adviser of Territorial Politics, and Mar Serna, adviser of Work, take his children to private schools that remain excluded from the obligation of that the Catalan is a transport language.

This fact does not affect only the members of the Catalan Government, Artur Mas, leader of CiU and Catalan prime minister sends his children to the French Lyceum, the same one in which they study the shoots of Joan Laporta. The president of the Football Club Barcelona achieved recently that the Catalan was named official language of the club and showed time and again his support to speeches independentistas. “ Montilla imposes the monolingüismo in the public schools and turns into guinea pigs the children of the others while theirs learn four languages.

Other politicians who take his children to private centers are Cristina Garmendia, José Blanco, Mercedes Cabrera or José Bono. The minister of Science and Innovation has his children registered in the school San Patricio of the quarter of Madrid of The Moral; José Blanco takes them to the British Institute whereas Mercedes Cabrera has them inscribed in the School Study of Madrid.

Numerous political and professional persons in charge have denounced this fact. Carmen Guaita, state person in charge of Communication of the teaching syndicate ANPE, showed that “ the political persons in charge have to guarantee to the society the same education of maximum quality that they want for his children ”.

http://www.balearesliberal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2699%3Aimponen-el-catalan-pero-llevan-a-sus-hijos-a-colegios-de-otras-lenguas&catid=5%3Acomentarios&Itemid=1

Montilla is from Andalusia and was an embarrassment, as the whole tripartit government of those years. Again, Catalan was spoken in catalonia well before Spanish, in fact Catalan medieval litterature was already found all over the Mediterranea thanks to the Catalan trading posts. From that historic point of view, Castillan is an alien language in Catalonia and native Spanish speakers should then be bilingual. If I could learn catalan at 28 in less than a year, I can not understand why mot people can't.
Again, our points of view are opposite, and I don't intend to try to convince you I am right.

Montilla is from Andalusia and was an embarrassment, as the whole tripartit government of those years. Again, Catalan was spoken in catalonia well before Spanish, in fact Catalan medieval litterature was already found all over the Mediterranea thanks to the Catalan trading posts. From that historic point of view, Castillan is an alien language in Catalonia and native Spanish speakers should then be bilingual. If I could learn catalan at 28 in less than a year, I can not understand why mot people can't.
Again, our points of view are opposite, and I don't intend to try to convince you I am right.

Spanish is the common language of all the Spanish. In the ancient evolution of the Castilian all the Spanish regions inform the modern Spanish also the Catalan region. But the origin of the nationalism regionalist in Spain is in the Central European nationalism, a ridiculous import for Mister Robert in Catalonia and for Sabino Arana in Basque Country, they heard bells and exported these ideas to his regions, now thousands of young people are indoctrinated in Spain with historical, social and economic lies and the school is fundamental for the above mentioned indoctrination, they go so far as to be modified and alter the textbooks or to sanctioning the children in some schools for speaking Spanish during the hour of playtime. Also they are sanctioned to the commerce that they label in Spanish. The languages are so that the people understand herself and not to separate and to discriminate.

If you are a South American it is probable that he believes that the fault of all his evil comes from Spain, an argument that Catalan nationalist will make him syntonize with the nationalism, somehow the hate generates hate.

"What have I done bad, mami?"

Last edited:
As for Franco, all I can tell you is that we have opposing points of view, and that yours is as valid as mine because they are based on our respective experiences.

As for Franco, all I can tell you is that we have opposing points of view, and that yours is as valid as mine because they are based on our respective experiences.

Franco protected and promoted the economy of Catalonia and Basque Country and also of Madrid. He wants to say that if Andalusia or Galicia for example wanted to buy insecticide to Germany or another European country, they could not, had to buy insecticide of Catalonia that was turning out to be more expensive and of worse quality than German.

It is an example of as Franco delivered to Catalonia and Basque Country the only magnificent market, that of the whole Spain, for alone, like that them anyone becomes rich.
The Dictator Franc helped and promoted these two Spanish regions: is this anything that his friends have never told him independentistas, is not it true? the only thing that they know is to become the victims: is not it true? and to say how bad Franc was with them. They tell him what they are interested in, do not leave that they wash the brain, only they can lie.

Also in Spain we are not speaking about Franco the whole day, it is a topic about which they always speak the nationalist regionalist they are those who evidently support the alive memory of Franco, because it does not fall down to them of the mouth, always speaking about Franco for feedback his victimhood, already nobody in Spain believes the victimhood of the nationalistic regionalists.

The Generalitat (Catalan government) imposed 205 fines to Catalan shops for labelling in Castilian

The Generalitat has imposed 205 linguistic fines to Catalan establishments in 2010 for breaking the Law of Linguistic Politics, that is to say, for labelling only in Castilian. The normative polemic fixes sanctions for those establishments that they do not label " at least in Catalan ". The collection has amounted to 182.000 euros.

According to a bulletin of the PP, 205 linguistic fines of 2010 suppose an increase with regard to the 151 that the Generalitat imposed the previous year - which collection was 147.000 euros-, although in 2008 the maximum was marked in both senses: there were 209 sanctions that supposed 208.000 euros.

The General Secretary of the PP, Jordi Cornet, has repeated that the linguistic fines are a " democratic shame ", from what it has urged the autonomic Government to suppress them for thinking that they are discriminatory and do not respect the freedom of the persons.

[url]http://www.libertaddigital.com/sociedad/la-generalidad-impuso-205-multas-a-tiendas-catalanas-por-rotular-en-castellano-1276416865/[/URL]

Liberate against the nationalistic oppression!!!

I was talking about Franco the poster of the previous post. You actually show how intolerant and narrow-minded you are by posting comments like "Liberate against the nationalistic oppression", which is on top wrong from a grammatical point of view. Read thoroughly the article you copy-pasted, and you'll see the shop owners have been fined "for breaking the law of linguistic politics". If you don't get that, there is nothing nobody can do for you. Just for the sake of having the last word, I will show you this one (I just hope the irony is not too subtle for you):

http://www.reagrupament.cat/noticie...ulta_un_ciutada_per_parlar_catala_a_catalunya

You can also read this for your own education:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Cronolog%C3%ADa_de_la_minorizaci%C3%B3n_del_idioma_catal%C3%A1n

I have no problem having an educated conversation with open-minded and intelligent people, so in this case I will refrain from answering to your provocations. Good night, Visca Catalunya i visca el Barça...

I was talking about Franco the poster of the previous post. You actually show how intolerant and narrow-minded you are by posting comments like "Liberate against the nationalistic oppression", which is on top wrong from a grammatical point of view. Read thoroughly the article you copy-pasted, and you'll see the shop owners have been fined "for breaking the law of linguistic politics". If you don't get that, there is nothing nobody can do for you. Just for the sake of having the last word, I will show you this one (I just hope the irony is not too subtle for you):

http://www.reagrupament.cat/noticie...ulta_un_ciutada_per_parlar_catala_a_catalunya

You can also read this for your own education:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Cronología_de_la_minorización_del_idioma_catalán

I have no problem having an educated conversation with open-minded and intelligent people, so in this case I will refrain from answering to your provocations. Good night, Visca Catalunya i visca el Barça...

I don't think describing the situation as "nationalistic oppression" is that exaggerate. I did post another comment but it seems it has dissapeared. In few words I wondered how it can be possible that given most of Catalans are native Spanish speakers they prefer that their children study in Catalan. It's strange because I don't know of a single country where most of people speak language X and their children study in Y language. But it's ok, let's assume this is true (at least the Catalan government says so despite they didn't ask students' parents). Even if it was true, there must also exist a sizeable amount of Catalan parents who may desire their sons to study in Spanish.Then since they can't choose to study in Spanish, which is an official tongue in Catalonia too, they are oppresed, there is no freedom of choose. Sorry, I can't see as a normal thing that most of Catalans who speak Spanish natively can't study in Spanish, only in Catalan, just because Catalan is endangered and children must study it immersively at any cost. I think it is an aberration and also it is illegal according to Spanish Constitutional Court. Education is intended to enable people to be competitive in a globalised world, not to revive dying languages. Also don't compare things that cannot be compared. Asking to study in Spanish in Catalonia is not the same as studying in Catalan in Andalusia. In Andalusia nobody speaks Catalan nor Catalan is an official tongue. In Catalonia Spanish is coofficial along with Catalan and the most spoken and used language. A bit different situation I think.

If your thinking was right, there would be no more castillan speakers in Catalonia. As a matter of fact, most castillan speakers that got their education through catalan and decided not to use it were not repressed nor expelled from Catalonia. Nobody gets a fine for speaking castillan. The Generalitat provides most forms citizens need in castillan too. I don't see any oppression in that. Only a small percentage of native castillan-speaking catalans moan about the linguistic laws. Most troublemakers are foreign immigrants or coming from other communities. Again, if these people do not understand Catalan is the language of Catalonia, there is little to do but to educate them, which is what the Generalitat does...

This thread has been viewed 23320 times.

Back