PDA

View Full Version : having problems

Wilhelm
05-08-11, 00:13
Almost everytime I acces to a section or a post, or try to post , it says an error of the Server being too busy or sometimes an 404 Error. I've spent 30 minutes only to make this post. Thanks.

Knovas
05-08-11, 00:28
I have the same problems. It is imposible to participate in the forum normally. What happens???

Antigone
05-08-11, 06:52
I'm not having any problems at all, maybe the problem is with your server only?

Gavroche
05-08-11, 08:46
Same problem...
Since 2 days it's very difficult for me to be connected and to post a comment...

Mzungu mchagga
05-08-11, 11:57
I am not having THAT problem. But whenever I want to post a picture (not URL), I get an error that my post is too short and should have at least 10 characters, even if my post contains way more than 10 characters

Cambrius (The Red)
05-08-11, 18:40
Same problem here. Almost impossible to post.

Knovas
06-08-11, 21:00
Again, it is IMPOSSIBLE! What the hell is going on? Solve the problem, this is not normal. It's 4th day now, come on!

Knovas
09-08-11, 21:26
Third time I write. It's about one week since the problems started, and I feel those we have these problems are literally ignored. Must be a solution, it is imposible to remain like this.

Knovas
09-08-11, 21:33
Third time I write. It's about one week since the problems started, and I feel those we have these problems are literally ignored. Must be a solution, it is imposible to remain like this.

Wilhelm
09-08-11, 22:37
The problem still continues. The forums works horrible. Is almost imposible to post. It must be a problem of the server, only the administartor can do something, but I guess he is not having the same problems.

Knovas
18-08-11, 21:18
Two weeks aprox and still with the same. Can somebody solve this problem please? It's very difficult to participate, and for two weeks it's a signal that something's going wrong.

Knovas
21-08-11, 23:25
I don't know what happened, but now the site seems to work normally. I hope there won't be changes.

If someone did something, thanks.

Wilhelm
22-08-11, 16:51
Not for me. Im still having the same problems.

Knovas
22-08-11, 17:45
Oh man, sorry for you XD

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but I stoped to enter the Forum for 2-3 days aprox. I don't have another explanation.

zanipolo
23-08-11, 08:50
its been 5 days since I have been having forums problems.

It only happens after I log on to the forum, any remedy for this.

entering 30 to 40 times per screen and getting either server is too busy or 404 error, seems a major issue on your part.

I use Firefox 6.0 if this helps

zanipolo
26-08-11, 22:02
Nearly 10 days of problems, how long before a fix or is this the best that Eupedia can serve?

Wilhelm2
26-08-11, 22:08
I have created a new account, as you can see, and now it runs so smoothly.

Knovas
26-08-11, 23:58
It's curious that in my case the problem seems to be solved. Try to enter with you normal account in one week, and will see what happens.

Wilhelm2
27-08-11, 16:55
I will try that. Now I need 10 posts to post links and images...

zanipolo
01-09-11, 12:20
Its been 15 days and still have problems. SINCE THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT, does anyone know how to reset my account to default status.

I cannot create new account as it will not let me.

zanipolo
02-09-11, 22:01
Anyone help please, I cannot seem to kill my account so that I can create another account and try to fix my massive problem.

please provide a link or instructions or method to kill my registration

zanipolo
02-09-11, 22:11
Anyone help please, I cannot seem to kill my account so that I can create another account and try to fix my massive problem.

please provide a link or instructions or method to kill my registration

Knovas
02-09-11, 22:12
I don't understand why you can't create another account...in my case the problem was solved after some days without enter the Forum.

zanipolo
02-09-11, 22:30
@knovas

I cannot create another account because it says my email address is already in use even though I am logged out.
Also, when my name appears as being logged on , I need to relog on to write in the forums. So, basically I seem to be always logged on , even though sometimes it says so and sometimes it does not.

If I can kill this registraion I can create another ................. can you help or guide me on how to do it

zanipolo
02-09-11, 22:35
@knovas

I cannot create another account because it says my email address is already in use even though I am logged out.
Also, when my name appears as being logged on , I need to relog on to write in the forums. So, basically I seem to be always logged on , even though sometimes it says so and sometimes it does not.

If I can kill this registraion I can create another ................. can you help or guide me on how to do it

Knovas
02-09-11, 23:27
I think the problem is that you have to create a new e-mail adress to associate with the new account. The website probably detects that the e-mail adress you want to use belongs to another person who has already an account here.

Wilhelm
03-09-11, 01:39
@knovas

Hi, create another account, with the same IP, and it works, but you have to use another username and e-mail. Now after one week without using my normal account, it is working normal.

Knovas
03-09-11, 13:22
That's what I thought it would happen Wilhelm. Very good!

Sile
04-09-11, 10:07
new account works fine. I will wait a week and use my old one and see what happens

Knovas
05-09-11, 18:04
Good!

It seems the system works, since both Wilhelm and I can use our normal account now. However, I'm still wondering how is this possible...informatics and aspects related are sometimes quite absurd.

Taranis
07-09-11, 14:42
I have a problem: I cannot add new people to my friends list anymore.

EDIT: Never mind. Now it works. :)

Knovas
08-09-11, 11:28
When I looked, I thought it was another one with the strange problems jaja

Good for you.

Maciamo
08-09-11, 11:34
I wonder if it's not a cookie problem. If your accounts worked again after logging in with another account (therefore clearing the old account's cookies), then it was maybe just that.

Knovas
08-09-11, 19:13
But some of our accounts worked again after some days without connecting...don't know the reason, but it was exactly like this.

Taranis
13-09-11, 20:49
I have noticed something: it's impossible to send PMs to the real Maciamo because there is 3 or 4 other "Maciamos" with the same screen name.

Taranis
14-09-11, 12:50
I just tested it. Every PM to a Maciamo seems to go this Maciamo:

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/member.php?28545-Maciamo

Maciamo
14-09-11, 12:57
I just tested it. Every PM to a Maciamo seems to go this Maciamo:

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/member.php?28545-Maciamo

That's strange. I hadn't noticed that someone used the same username as mine. I don't even know how that is possible. I have banned the three guys who tried to pass for me. I checked the IP addresses. One was from Petach Tikva in Israel, another one from England (Birmingham apparently), and the last one from Baghdad, Iraq ! Quite an audience ! The one from Israel managed to get 89 messages destined to me (all the PM sent to me since October 2010). Fortunately it seems that he didn't open/read any of them. I apologise if I didn't reply to any of your PM's since last year, but I didn't receive any. I will contact vBulletin and inquire how such a thing could have happened.

Taranis
14-09-11, 13:00
That's strange. I hadn't noticed that someone used the same username as mine. I don't even know how that is possible. I have banned the three guys who tried to pass for me.

Thanks. :)

zanipolo
15-09-11, 09:26
still having intermittent problems , ...........funny how my other account is 100% perfect

Knovas
15-09-11, 12:41
That's surprising Maciamo, it seems this people had some strange knowledge on informatics. ¿Do you think they can be related with the problems some users are suffering as it has been mentioned here?

zanipolo
17-09-11, 22:47
My account seems to work fine for a period and then this happens
- I loose typed information that I try to save to a post, then
- I get timed out and cannot save anything.

The next day it works fine again until " the above scenario"

Goga
25-09-11, 00:02
I can't post anywhere. Somebody is blocking me.

It says: "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Knovas
25-09-11, 16:18
Same problem for you Goga. Wait one week and try to use your normal account again. For the moment, you can create another account.

Goga
27-09-11, 22:11
What the h*** is happening, I can't even make a new account. It seems that someone has blocked my ip-adres or something.

Is it possible that I've got a ban?

Knovas
27-09-11, 22:59
You are not banned, sure. The problem is the server. To create a new account you must do it in another e-mail adress, since the one you are using is only valid for one account.

zanipolo
30-09-11, 01:34
I have intermittent problems only when my name does not appear automatically when I use the login button.

If no name appears, i use my new account, it name does appear, I know I have no issues with my old account.

zanipolo
30-09-11, 01:37
What the h*** is happening, I can't even make a new account. It seems that someone has blocked my ip-adres or something.

Is it possible that I've got a ban?

Have you been a bad person?
Have you disagreed with someone "special".
Does your mother think you are special?

I waited 1 week before my old account worked ( not like the beginning , but not that bad ) and i did get a email from eupedia, that it seemed someone was using my IP address. ( highly unlikely , but )

Goga
30-09-11, 10:14
Yes, 1 week later everything is working smoothly again!

Maybe I'm going to make another account on the other pc with other ip, in the case if my current ip and account is infiltrated again by some very 'special' people.

Gavroche
30-09-11, 11:06
To create a new account you must do it in another e-mail adress, since the one you are using is only valid for one account.Thanks for the advice Knovas :good_job:

Knovas
30-09-11, 12:35
Good Goga, seems my "theory" is working. Good for you.

I know it's too bad, I suffered the problem several weeks till find the solution. It was desperating to post a message.

Goga
30-09-11, 12:48
Good Goga, seems my "theory" is working. Good for you.

I know it's too bad, I suffered the problem several weeks till find the solution. It was desperating to post a message.
Thanks for the help!

But what's your theory? Why does this happen to some users. I know it is something technical, but I don't know what.

Knovas
30-09-11, 13:47
My theory is that if you stop entering the forum a few days (3-7 days), the problem becomes solved, ¿Why? I don't know.

I also don't know why some people has the problem and others not. For what I see, more users are having the problem, so who knows, perhaps all people will have the same problem in different moments.

Gavroche
30-09-11, 14:41
My theory is that if you stop entering the forum a few days (3-7 days), the problem becomes solvedIt didn't work in my case...

I had to create a new account with an other e-mail adress...:indifferent:

Knovas
30-09-11, 16:52
Keep waiting Gavroche. For the moment use this account, and try again in another week. Perhaps the time could be more than 7 days in some cases, who knows. But I'm pretty sure one day you'll use your normal account again.

Sile
08-10-11, 00:20
I have intermittent problems only when my name does not appear automatically when I use the login button.

If no name appears, i use my new account, it name does appear, I know I have no issues with my old account.

Not to confuse everyone,
The Sile account was set up by me, Zanipolo, due to problems. Since my problems are now intermitten, I gave this account to my brother to use, he uses it very rarely. So , to clarify, if SILE is used , its 90% by me, Zanipolo, as my account is playing up.

Antigone
08-10-11, 05:00
Thankyou for the explanation Zanipolo, it makes sense now.

So if others have had to create new accounts because of problems, how do we know who is who?

Edit. Just a thought. Do you always have to log in? I always tick the keep me logged in box thingy and have never had a problem. Or are you using different computers? Admittedly I don't understand much of this computer stuff:sad-2:

Sile
08-10-11, 06:40
Thankyou for the explanation Zanipolo, it makes sense now.

So if others have had to create new accounts because of problems, how do we know who is who?

Edit. Just a thought. Do you always have to log in? I always tick the keep me logged in box thingy and have never had a problem. Or are you using different computers? Admittedly I don't understand much of this computer stuff:sad-2:

I use that but it does not work, so , like now, no name appeared on log on screen, so my old account does not work .

I also cannot leave eupedia on this window or else I am auto logged out, I have to open a second window to use for other stuff.
Maybe firefox 7.0 will help

Drac II
12-10-11, 07:36
My theory is that if you stop entering the forum a few days (3-7 days), the problem becomes solved, ¿Why? I don't know.

This approach certainly does not work for me. I have been forced to get another account. The problems with the old one simply won't go away no matter how long I wait without login in, and it doesn't look like whoever maintains site's inner workings cares or knows how to fix this extremely annoying problem that is forcing some of us to abandon our old accounts.

Knovas
12-10-11, 13:20
Oh, sorry Drac. For the moment use the new account and keep trying week by week, who knows if one they your normal account will be available again. It's curious some cases seem to be very difficult to solve.

zanipolo
07-11-11, 21:31
does Eupedia have its won spellchecker as I seem to not have it anymore , even though my browser and other apps has the spellchecker active

zanipolo
04-02-12, 07:07
whats wrong with this stupid forum, if i take more than 2 minutes to write, it does not save and asks me to relog.............in which case i lost all written stuff.

get some new programmers

Maciamo
04-02-12, 10:17
whats wrong with this stupid forum, if i take more than 2 minutes to write, it does not save and asks me to relog.............in which case i lost all written stuff.

get some new programmers

I once had this problem, but it's easily fixed by clearing your cookies. If not, the problem is with your computer.

zanipolo
14-04-12, 03:33
why do I have to log on more than ONCE when I enter into an archival thread ? .........it always says I do not have persmission and log again. which means I got to log out, then relog in...........seems very weird

hope
19-04-12, 13:42
Each time I post anything with more than few sentences ,it will not post as I have been timed out ! (same as Zanipolo) I have cleared cookies but it still happens . Rather frustrating.

Everything else works fine.

Maciamo
21-04-12, 08:24
Each time I post anything with more than few sentences ,it will not post as I have been timed out ! (same as Zanipolo) I have cleared cookies but it still happens . Rather frustrating.

Everything else works fine.

Try changing the cookies settings in your browser. What browser (and what version) are you using ? When is the last time you upgraded your browser ?

hope
21-04-12, 12:55
Try changing the cookies settings in your browser. What browser (and what version) are you using ? When is the last time you upgraded your browser ?

Well strangely enough it was suggested to me by a family member about a fortnight ago that I should update my browser Maybe that is the problem, I`ll have it checked later.
In meantime, thanks for quick reply.

hope
24-06-12, 02:43
What is the little star at bottom of each box for ? I dont seem to have one, does it matter ?

LeBrok
24-06-12, 05:45
I think you're referring to reputation star. It has the same meaning like + and -, at top of the post box. The star should give much more credit than just +. I'm not sure though, the credit ratings were set by Maciamo some time ago.
You don't see the star under your box, because it doesn't make sense if people give credit/reputation to themselves.

hope
24-06-12, 11:42
I think you're referring to reputation star. It has the same meaning like + and -, at top of the post box. The star should give much more credit than just +. I'm not sure though, the credit ratings were set by Maciamo some time ago.
You don't see the star under your box, because it doesn't make sense if people give credit/reputation to themselves.

I actually realised that about 25 seconds after posting Le Brok. I have never used the star as I usually go to right top of page and hit that if I read something I like or find interesting. I must use the star in future though. Thanks :)

Rethel
15-06-15, 22:53
I have a problem with my signature under the posts.
When I am writing a post, I am seeing it, but when I
send post, it is perished. Why it is not visible?

Sile
29-06-15, 09:19
I have a problem with my signature under the posts.
When I am writing a post, I am seeing it, but when I
send post, it is perished. Why it is not visible?

same issue

Paleoguy
05-08-15, 03:07
Testing, testing , testing.