Reaction score
Ethnic group
Down Under
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 - Z19945
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a4o
In maciano's
Distribution of European Y-chromosome DNA (Y-DNA) haplogroups by country in percentage

He has North Italian numbers as being very similar to alsace (france) numbers. Is there a reason by migratory patterns.? or alsace being a french/german peoples?

2. Isn't north Italy numbers distorted due to liguria, piedmont , aosta being under french migratory influences , while lombardy, veneto, friuli, trentino being germanic and Slavic migratory influences. Does this not distort this North Italy percentages

3. What areas does north italy, central italy and south italy comprise of?

1. He has North Italian numbers as being very similar to alsace (france) numbers. Is there a reason by migratory patterns.? or alsace being a french/german peoples?
2. Isn't north Italy numbers distorted due to liguria, piedmont , aosta being under french migratory influences , while lombardy, veneto, friuli, trentino being germanic and Slavic migratory influences. Does this not distort this North Italy percentages
3. What areas does north italy, central italy and south italy comprise of?
1: I dont't know a good response, but Alsace for sure have to do a lot with Swiss-People. I konow some migrations also to the historic Tyrol region (including Südtirol/AltoAdige & Trentino) 2: You are rigth: Südtirol, Trentino (and for sure the other north-east) in their main towns had a lot of migration long the Etsch/Adige river and with Habsburg-monarchy-Austria and also south Germany (Bavaria, Baden-Würtemberg) and then slavic influence from the Slovenia direction. Mind also the Bergamo region (over Milan) with its Lambordic roots. Both "north-middle" and north-east-Italy had relations to south german-areas. Aosta/Piedmont and Ligurian coast obviously had French relation. And for "north-middle" and maybe also north-west there is also a swiss influence. 3. Intersting to me also - I found the splitting of great countries like DE, IT, ES in subareas very good.

This thread has been viewed 7124 times.

Back