Funniest European people according to Badoo users

julia90

Passione Mediterranea
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Tuscan-Italian-(European)
mtDNA haplogroup
H5b
Badoo question: Which nationality — excluding your own — do you feel is the funniest and/or best at making people laugh?

1 Spanish
2 Italians
3 French
4 British
5 Dutch
6 Belgians
7 Germans

Europeans are not funny, it's not very European.

Jamaicans and Cape Coloreds from South Africa have a different take on life.

images
images

In the US, the Scots and Irish tend to have a particular reputation for being funny. Spanish, Italians, and French, not so much... probably the Italians have the best reputation of that group, though. The English have a mixed reputation, with the general idea being that their humor is "dry" and that you have to "get it" for it to be funny. We often make a good deal of fun of French, Germans, and Russians, but not as much of thinking that they're good at making humor intentionally. As for the remaining European ethnicities, we don't tend to know enough about them to judge. :LOL:

In my opinion the British are the funniest and have the skills to make other people laugh quite easily.
But culturally speaking humour is different everywhere, so not everything which is considered as funny in one nation would make the other nation laugh.

Hmm..
I'd like to differentiate between British.

Scots have humor.
Educated Englishmen also ;) See Monty Python
Irish also are funny.
Italians.

Little humor:
France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg.
Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland.

I don't know about Spain, Portugal, Greece or other countries.

Yes, it is important to differentiate between the British here. English, Irish, Scots and Welsh humour are all different and all very good in their own ways. Although, English and Irish would be my favourites.

Greek humour is good also and similar to the English really, in that they make fun of themselves a lot. Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean) is very popular in Greece too with re-runs of his TV series on one channel or another at times.

Well.. Let me explain what I consider as humor.

Many years ago, I was a member of the Carnival council of 11.
Brabant, the south of The Netherlands.

I introduced the "Speaking in a drum" in our village.
In Brabant dialect called "tonpraoten".
A kind of stand up comedian.

It was an immediate success.
And it lasts already for more than 30 years.

The principles are simple..
Ridicule the high and mighty.
Don't ever attack a common citizen.
Black humor is always fun.
Black humor is sarcastic, ironic, and otherwise insane humor.
We love it!

British humor has it that the media spread it all around, everyone knows the Monty Pythons and Mr Bean. Spanish humor or comedies have a tough reception anywhere else in Europe (see the Torrente movies, which are incredibly funny and popular in Spain, but would barely make smile in Holland or Germany...). The best comedy ever made in Germany (Der Schuh des Manitu) is very boring to anybody not german (so is Sonnenallee and the series Die Ludolfs). Italians and Spaniards are maybe considered funny because they tend to be flirty and making a woman laugh is a sure way to get laid.
Humor has a lot to do with local culture. The thing that puzzles me the most is a classic Polish movie, which is considered one of the best comedies ever, Rejs (the cruise). I've seen it with Polish friends, they were all in bits, and I couldn't get the jokes. Since, I bought a book about the movie, and after reading it and seeing bits of the movie again , I still don't get it...

Definately not germans xD. I would say Italians, the way they talk and express is funny.

Well, humor in Germany exists.
But humor isn't common in Germany, I think.

Some nice examples..

Otto Waalkes..

English for Germans.. :grin:

-------------

Colonia Duett

---------------

Another very funny one.. Rhineland dialect!

Reinaert, please remove that crap! It is not even funny in Germany and all together very embarrasing!

Yeah, I'd rather have no humour than finding this shit funny!

See, I told you! You don't have humor.. :grin:

It's not embarrassing, it's very good!

But it has a Dutch twist.
I like it! :heart:

I'll post more..

Wait...

Another one from Colonia..

Anti war song

Song for all the conscripted soldiers that do their duty in some far off land like Afghanistan or whatever.
Stationed at the "ass of the world" which is the title of the song.
Meaning, patrolling in never never land, without a cause or reason.
The stupidity of warfare.

The song was originally from the group "Black Föös" (black feet) from the city of Cologne in the Rhineland.

He could have been my brother.. :grin:
We are look alikes.

The reason why Mzungu is pissed...

The people from Cologne mock the Prussian Army. (Berlin)

Always during carnaval.. or Mardi Gras.

I love it!

To make matters worse...
The proof they really want to mock the Prussians!
Ass shuffling dance.

Prussia has been occupying the Rhineland for a while, and the Rhino's didn't like it.

But this one is really funny!

There is life after death..

The reason why Mzungu is pissed...

The people from Cologne mock the Prussian Army. (Berlin)

Oh, am I so easy to be seen through... :shocked:

I admit, you really broke my heart with these videos! How could you just defame the mighty Prussian army in such a mean way! It's really hard for me to keep my tears away. :sad-2:

Oh, am I so easy to be seen through... :shocked:

I admit, you really broke my heart with these videos! How could you just defame the mighty Prussian army in such a mean way! It's really hard for me to keep my tears away. :sad-2:

LOL.. After all, you got humor..:LOL:

This thread has been viewed 16450 times.

Back