Are the modern Poles related to the Sarmatians?

I believe there is posibility it is true . For White Croats in Krakow aeria I believe they are Sarmatians . Vandals who use to live in Poland could also be Sarmatians . And there could be even more Sarmatians that settled Poland during they move to west .
There is also legend about Sarmatian origin of Lithuanian nobility , and Lithuania and Poland use to be in same state in Midle Ages . There is 6% of I2a in Lithuania and only 1% in Latvia , and they are neighboring states and they are both Balts . This diference is suprising and could give some weight to claims of Sarmatian origins .

I believe there is posibility it is true . For White Croats in Krakow aeria I believe they are Sarmatians . Vandals who use to live in Poland could also be Sarmatians . And there could be even more Sarmatians that settled Poland during they move to west .
There is also legend about Sarmatian origin of Lithuanian nobility , and Lithuania and Poland use to be in same state in Midle Ages . There is 6% of I2a in Lithuania and only 1% in Latvia , and they are neighboring states and they are both Balts . This diference is suprising and could give some weight to claims of Sarmatian origins .
Thank you very much. White Croats connection makes more sense than the whole Sarmatian myth to me.

I'm pretty sure that these so called Sarmatians were more (proto-)Slavic than Iranic. How sure are we that those folks spoke an Iranic language?

This thread has been viewed 17071 times.

Back