Bodin

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Srbin
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2a1b-Din
mtDNA haplogroup
X2
Haplogroups in Lithuania and Latvia( I1 , I2a , I2b ,R1a , R1b , G , J2, J1 , E1b1b , T , Q, N) :
Latvia
rate07.gif
Lithuania
rate07.gif

What is realy interesting for me is :
1) Higher I2a2 in Lithuania ( 6% ) , and lower in Latvia ( 1% ) , my guess it is Sarmathian DNA , and there was legend amongs Latvian nobility about they Sarmathian origin .
Also there is 0,5% of J2 in Latvia and 0% in Lithuania , which would show there was not J2 amongs Sarmathians , or G because there is 0% in both populations . Sarmathians did lived around G and J2 populations but they not necesarly mixed - nomadic heardsmen and sedentary population.
Lithuanians has less of R1a ( 38% ), than Latvians ( 40%), so Sarmathians didnt have lot of R1a .
There is higher E1b1 in Lithuania (1% ) than in Latvia ( 0,5% ) , so Sarmathians could have somewhat eleveted E1b1b, aldo it could be from some other reasons
Lithuanian N is 42% and Latvian 38%,and Latvia is closer to N lands , so Sarmathians could bring some N with them - like in Serbia.
T and Q is 0,5% in both so it is there previous to Sarmathians .
2) There is 0% of G in both lands , and Latvia has 12% R1b and Lithuania 5% R1b - so we could maybe ask Basque homeland in Latvia

I1 is 6% in both countries , and I2b is 1% in both , so Germanic influence is equal in both . Ofcourse Germans also bring some R1b and R1a but they are lot more dificult to track

This thread has been viewed 7005 times.

Back