Turkish people, look like ?

Turkish people, look like ?

• Total voters
I voted mixed as the least inaccurate of the choices you have made available. Turkey is at a cross roads and most Turks are Sunni Muslims meaning that they are more likely to marry other Sunni Muslims. This excludes Jews, Asians and to a large extent Europeans as only the coastal regions have a distinct European-like phenotype. The Armenians and Kurds in Turkey make up a large part of the genetic heritage of modern Turks but they do not fall in either of the above categories. The most accurate answer is Anatolian! The question you should be asking is what constituents make up Anatolian admixture.:)

Thank you dude, you're right I think I'm gonna make some changes !

From personal observance, Anatolian mixture is heavily influenced by the Albanian element, with obvious Caucasian traits. The Serbs and the Turks had agreements from 1938 and continuing until 1954 to dispatch Albanians from their homeland and establish them in Anatolia (not to mention the earlier Ottoman policies on this matter).

Turkish people are actually eastern Greeks and they do look like Greeks that mixed with the Armenians and in smaller degree Caucasians (Circassians) and Kurds.

As far as I know Turkish people don't look Kurdish. I mean they don't have that 'Iranic look' in them.

And in general they absolutely don't look like Arabs either.

Is Erdogan not of a Circassian/Caucasian origin? He's from the Black Sea area, isn't he?

So they're partly European (Greeks) and partly Armenian (Anatolian) - Caucasian with some Turkic elements from Central Asia!

But they don't look like their eastern neighbours Kurds.

So that's why I voted "MIXED".

Last edited:
İsolated villiage in Anatolia have nordic looking not popular green eyes is popular central Anatolian people are tall, they have white skin....Ottoman have black slave they are also mixed egyptians....

So, is that picture under your name a picture of a tall, white skinned, Nordic looking Anatolian? Just wondering.

Although in fact the colour of a person's complexion isn't always a good guide to that person's genetic makeup.

Last edited:
No generalization.. half of the Turkish people(about %30-40) have different ancestry: Turk(%50-60)-Arab-Kurd-Lezgi-Chechen-Georgian-Circassian-Gypsy-Kurd(Ancestoral: Iranian-Indian-Iraqi)-Greek-Armenian(Crypto)-Sephardic Jewish-Bosnian-Polish
Turkic people of Turkey: Oghuzes and Kipchaks(Kazakh-Kyrgyz-Tatar-Cuman etc.)

Tatar/Kipchak: http://image.cdn.haber7.com/haber/h...l_gunesi_ikna_edemedik13621217480_h996279.jpg (Crimean Tatar)
Cuman/Kipchak: http://erkeksacmodelleri.gen.tr/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Kıvanç-Tatlıtuğ-Saç-Modelleri-1.jpg (probably he is Mameluke descent, he said he isn't from Balkans.. he has Cuman features, so he is.??)
/Oghuz: http://erkeksacmodelleri.gen.tr/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Kenan-İmirzalioğlu-Saç-modelleri-1.jpg (He said, he descended from Akkoyunids)

No generalization.. half of the Turkish people(about %30-40) have different ancestry: Turk(%50-60)-Arab-Kurd-Lezgi-Chechen-Georgian-Circassian-Gypsy-Kurd(Ancestoral: Iranian-Indian-Iraqi)-Greek-Armenian(Crypto)-Sephardic Jewish-Bosnian-Polish

I think you are underestimating the Albanian influence in turkey as there are 3 million people there who declare Albanian ancestry and those are the ones who know it. 500 years under influence to go along with 28 viziers and the influential Koprulu family amongst others.

I think you are underestimating the Albanian influence in turkey as there are 3 million people there who declare Albanian ancestry and those are the ones who know it. 500 years under influence to go along with 28 viziers and the influential Koprulu family amongst others.

But you must know that the Ottoman commanders who were born in Albania doesn't mean they're Albanians.. there were Ottoman commanders of Anatolian nomadic origin whose grandsons were born in Albania(war region)
Albanian population in Turkey reportedly about: 300.000..(KONDA) perhaps today, 500.000. They've come to Anatolia during Muhacir(Muslim Balkan) migrations, we welcome and respect them. (y)

I voted mixed. There are Turks who look very European to me: often they have ancestry from the Balkans, but even the Turks from the coastal Aegean areas can look indistinguishable from southern Europeans to me.

Others look quite different, and definitely West Asian. Some, the ones whom I'm assuming come from southern Turkey and might have some ancestry from Syria look a bit Levantine.

Tuba-B-y-k-st-n-turkish-actors-and-actresses-29587964-500-610.jpg

f7089afcf555354a25414446aa6faeaa.jpg

63c209e389587c1f4a0d34e3cadbd66b--men-photoshoot-turkish-actors.jpg

Like Caucasians and Iranians in their majority. but some are closer to Southern Europeans.

Mixed. I haven't met lots of Turks, but even with a low sample size the diversity in phenotype was very notable.

They are extremely mixed from what I've seen. Overall I would say half of them look Southern European and half look MENA/Caucasus, but they don't 100% fit in either category. Light hair and eyes exist in a minority near the Thrace region.

Personally I like the "Mediterranean" label, and it fits accurately for most Turks.

Typical Turk:

images

53468263_303.jpg

53431168_6.jpg

hildmann.jpg
57039845_101.jpg

Attila_Hildmann_kocht_auf_dem_Veggie_Street_Day_Dortmund_2010-08-14_%28bearbeitet%29.jpg

From what I've seen there's no such thing as a "typical" Turk; too much diversity for that.

Last edited:
Turks look like Greeks with a bit of Chinky thrown in. "Off-white" is what I would call them.

The super dark Turks are usually Kurdish/Arab transplants. They have distinct facial features. Guys like Numan Acar and Hamit Altintop are very obviously not ethnically Turkish.

One more use of racially pejorative terms and you'll be out of here permanently. Am I clear?

Turk and an Italian on-screen couple. Can you guess which one is the Turk?

i.ibb.co/j6VZ5Hy/image.png

He's Italian, She's Turkish.

This thread has been viewed 33802 times.

Back