Great Adventurer
Reaction score
Ethnic group
3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
mtDNA haplogroup
U4a (Cornish)
See thread title. Nothing much else going on here.

Opinions from Anthroscape and Apricity about Eupedia, I sense a common theme:
eurocentric with a lot of BS
Never heard of it.
Never heard of it.
dont know
Didn't know they had a forum.
Never heard of.
I like their data for instance on haplogroup frequencies per country....but their "historical breakdown" is almost retarded.
I never heard of it
never heard of it?
not on it
never been there.
no idea what those are.
Seems interesting, but I don't have an account there and I've never posted, so I don't know.
I just read its content time to time.. when it pops up on google searches
lot of wrong charts
Never heard of 'em.
Never heard of it
And some opining on this site from Skadi:
Savant said:
Why is Eupedia an amateur propaganda site?
Because the site proprietor, Maciamo, has fantasies which he tries to back up with science, and often makes false claims to validate his "theories". He's an amateur and has little real knowledge of population genetics. He also posts erroneous crap, with little or no references at all, such as his postings on what the Haplos of euro royal families were. I think he's well intentioned, and lots of the stuff on his site is credible. However, he has some fantasies and will manufacture "information" to support them. He clearly has no real education in genomics bioinformatics or population genetics.

If some of these seem a bit negative, take heart, Eupedians... most who find this site, and have a positive opinion, are posting here already :LOL:

A character named LupuArdelean is promoting Eupedia wonderfully and politely here:
LupuArdelean said:
@unfukkkmee the greeks don't have pure DNA u mostly turkish ! the Thracians were a people made of 200 tribes u need to read u own historians HERODOT etc.
Alexander of Macedon
Achile
Ajax
all thracians different then greek!!
go to EUPEDIA see for u self alexander's mother was from a island called sarmothrakia because it was inhabited by us Thracians look at our folklore & how we dress u don't have such old tradition as us we r haplogroup (I) what r the greek do u know?
LupuArdelean said:
@unfukkkmee i am not in greece !! greece is a bankrupt country why would i be in that shit hole? Thracians r not greeks read Herodot !
Ajax & Achile were not greek ! Macedonia is not Greece ,Romanians belong to Haplogroup (I) the only one formed in Europe go see for u self at EUPEDIA.COM greeks r mostly GAY people like you
MACEDONIA IS a NATION LOOK at it on the map
Greek people don't exist u r mostly Turkish out of all the people in the Balkans u were under occupation the most go check !!
And another character from the same thread, this one is my favorite:
tunaspha said:
Why do not you come on eupedia? It is the only website approved by the EU.

French forum don't understand why you absolutely try to associate the evolution of societies with haplogroup...

And i totally agree, a lot of threads disturbes me...:confused:
I really don't understand the interest and the "ultimate goal" of some discussions...

French forum don't understand why you absolutely try to associate the evolution of societies with haplogroup...

And i totally agree, a lot of threads disturbes me...:confused:
I really don't understand the interest and the "ultimate goal" of some discussions...

There are thousands of members on Eupedia, and hundreds of active members starting new threads. Could you be more specific about what kind of topic disturb you ?

eurocentric with a lot of BS

Eupedia is obviously eurocentric since it is a website about Europe. My other webiste Wa-pedia is I hope very Japan-centric since it is about Japan.

I agree that there is a lot of BS on the forum, but that's the case of every single forum (or blog comments). What else can you expect from a place where just anybody can voice just any opinion ? The important is that there are also good topics and interesting ideas.

This is an amazing site, and it's good that there are so few that has heard of it. Because the more people that come here the more BS threads we will get.

None of these were started by me (actually I didn't even participated to most of these discussions) and none are related to haplogroups.

Others threads i dislike, but for others reasons:

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...-each-language
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...ious-languages
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...(1)-The-French
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...zes-businesses

I think you don't need of this kinds of discussions and you never explained why you are so agressive with the French...

So basically you don't like anything that is even slightly critical of French or French language. I think it says more about you than about me. Why couldn't I criticise my mother tongue and native culture ?

Eupedia has a pioneering role in terms of association of Haplogroups and cultures. Also, I've seen Maciamo's map on many other Websites.

So basically you don't like anything that is even slightly critical of French or French language.
Wrong, i don't criticize all the threads you write about us...
I criticize your aggressive speech on the threads i mentioned, that all...
Do you want some examples?
It would be a great pleasure for me to make a "best of"...

But you will never confess you wrote stupids clichés and old stereotypes about my country...
And you never answer this question: when did you live in France?

Why couldn't I criticise my mother tongue and native culture?
You can, but you can also criticize others countries, no?

Can you give a quote and link, Gavroche?

We can also pull in comments from other languages, for example, Maciamo appears to have confused this German speaking commenter at iGENEA:

Hans said:
Wenn R1b nach R1a nach Europa kam und beide kamen von Osten, weshalb ist dann R1b und keltisch heute nach Westeuropa abgedrängt?
Und welche Spuren haben die ersten Wanderbauern (m.E. R1b, Trichterbecherleute) im Erbgut hinterlassen, wenn sie später nochmal als Kelten nach Norden gekommen sein sollten? Was sich archäologisch nicht beweisen lässt? War die Streitaxtkultur nicht die zweite Invasionswelle? Und die Trichterbecherleute die erste? Eupedia ist da ein wenig widersprüchlich, wie ich finde.

Eupedia has a pioneering role in terms of association of Haplogroups and cultures. Also, I've seen Maciamo's map on many other Websites.

I think what speaks most highly and most positively of Eupedia's educative role regarding human genetics is the poll about Ötzi's Y-Haplogroup. The fact that 50% of the Eupedia board members who participated in said poll guessed it correctly, as opposed to other forums/boards, suggests that Eupedia is a highly educative place on this topic.

We can also pull in comments from other languages, for example, Maciamo appears to have confused this German speaking commenter at iGENEA:

Heh, Beaker-Bell came to Scandinavia before the Battle Axe Culture? That would be new to me... :LOL:

Oh wait, I think he thinks that Linear Pottery was R1b...

Also a point/counterpoint from AnthroScape:

birko10 said:
Angals, that map looks like one of those Eupedia maps, just an advice, if you interested in genetics from a scientific unbiased point of view, you would avoid that website at all costs, the reason being because they have some sort of racist agenda, a lot of their work is fake made up of crap, you see this table?

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

A lot of the numbers are either made up and some lineages are not shown due to a racist agenda.

Coolio said:
I cant believe that Eupedia should be biased. They use established studies. Recently they updated their data. Now we have 11% J1 among Armenians 9,5% among Anatolian Kurds. 22% J2 among Armenians, 10.5% among Anatolian Kurds and 28.5% among Iraqi Kurds.

Naturally, I agree with poster #2. Some posters at Eupedia are ethnocentric, but I very rarely see racism here, and certainly not from Maciamo.

Wrong, i don't criticize all the threads you write about us...
I criticize your aggressive speech on the threads i mentioned, that all...
Do you want some examples?
It would be a great pleasure for me to make a "best of"...

But you will never confess you wrote stupids clichés and old stereotypes about my country...
And you never answer this question: when did you live in France?

You can, but you can also criticize others countries, no?

a few examples of the kind of threads you like would help to understand you better

I do agree with you that some threads are rubbish , like, blondism/fair hair.
and evey thread about nationalsm is very boring and a waste of time in my opinion

These threads were not created by me!

But if it wasn't so, I would have done it out of sarcasm! :grin:

I started the Race & IQ thread, are you suggesting that because a topic might be difficult or make you uncomfortable it should ignored in case of offending someone?
I don't understand why you create this kind of topic, and what do you want to say or to prove...

Or perhaps you have all the answers already and should create your own thread to put us straight?
I have my opinions but my english is too poor...

...???...why do you find it funny?

Wow, if you are disturbed by comparative cultural studies, you seriously need to see a shrink!
Toujours ta manie de ne pas répondre aux questions qu'on te pose, alors permets moi d'insister:
QUEL EST LE BUT DE CE TOPIC???
QU'EST-CE QUE TU VEUX NOUS PROUVER???

Et tu continues d'esquiver ce que je te reproche principalement, t'arrives toujours pas à comprendre que certains de tes commentaires à notre égard sont très limites...

Et ne me sors pas ton traditionnel ""t'acceptes pas les critiques""...si j'accepte certaines critiques, mais pas lorsque tu généralises notre façon de travailler ou lorsque tu ne prends même pas la peine de faire la même chose pour d'autres pays...

J'ai trouvé un autre de tes très amusants commentaires à notre égard:
"Il n'y a pas de peuple plus egoiste et vaniteux au monde"
Tu t'en rappelles de celui-là?

Last edited:
Et ne me sors pas ton traditionnel ""t'acceptes pas les critiques""...si j'accepte certaines critiques, mais pas lorsque tu généralises notre façon de travailler ou lorsque tu ne prends même pas la peine de faire la même chose pour d'autres pays...

Ce serait intéressant d'avoir un sujet sur les Wallons et leur culture. Tu pourrais expliquer notamment le fait que majoritairement, les Wallons ne parlent pas Flamand.

This thread has been viewed 22288 times.

Back