The Maykop Culture folks belonged to G2 and J2 & J1 haplogroups!

Goga

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a*
mtDNA haplogroup
HV1b2
Adygei are the indigenous folks of Northern Caucasus! They call their land Adygea. And the capital city of Adygea is Maykop! Their Caucasian culture - from the Northern Mesopotamia! - was one of the greatest that influenced R1a folks in Eastern Europe!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adygea

article175.jpg

As you can see these folks have ONLY 2.5% of R1b and up to 75.5% of G & J!

adygei.jpg

I made the frequency tables. I know what haplogroup is common among the modern Adygey. But nothing proves that the Adygey are pure descendants (or descendants at all) from the Maykop people. You need to take a look at the bigger picture. Frankly, I don't have time to waste explaining everything in detail to you because you won't understand or will just choose to disagree as usual. Let's just wait for ancient DNA results.

Yes, you made this. Not me. And I've got a lot respect for what you did and are doing.

But the thing is that your own ideas and your own data contradict with each other.

You don't have to waste your time on me at all, cause I'm nobody.

But you don't have any proves. Only some ideas. But false ideas (mine or yours) will never change the past!

The thing is that Adygei ARE indigenous folks of the Northern Caucausus. They do speak north Caucasian languages native to that region! Adygei and their language ARE native to their homeland!

North Caucasia Adyghe language: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adyghe_language

"Adyghe belongs to the family of Northwest Caucasian languages. Kabardian is a very close relative, treated by some as a dialect of Adyghe or of an overarching Circassian language. The Ubykh, Abkhaz, and Abaza languages are also close relatives thereof."

This is what it is nowadays. Adygei are G & J folks, these are true current (not ancient) facts!

In the area ones covered by the Maykop Culture, you find relatively high frequencies of R1b too. Northeast Anatolia for example has a good chunk of R1b and even G1.

Honestly Goga even though you also got very interesting ideas and theories, you simply ignore other facts and just give importance to your theories. Its not the first time you get an explanation and than say you agree just so a few days later you start to question exactly the same subjects.

Its a matter of fact that J2 cant be explained by Neolthic migration. Among Iranic speakers J2a is most probably one of the main components (beside R1a1a*, R2a* and G).

Another fact is, that R1b almost dominates some areas which ones were under the Maykop influence or very close to it (Armenians and a bit further away Lezgians). This cant be coincidence.

Last edited:
I'm talking about Maikop and Yamna (kurgan) cultures and not about Armenia or Armenians.

There's also only for about 4% of R1b in whole Ukraine, I think it will be even much less in Southeast Ukraine where you would find Yamna culture, like in Luhansk, Zaporizhia or Donetsk regions. (Btw, I lived in Zaporizhia (city) for a couple of years, because my dad worked there.)

mapukraine.gif

As far as I know Armenians have absolutely nothing to do with Maikop or Yamna. But if you ask Armenians even Mitanni were Armenians, lol.

Listen I'm open for everything. And I'm not a bad 'loser'. If somebody proves me wrong I would thank that person because of showing me the right way.

I'm talking about Maikop and Yamna (kurgan) cultures and not about Armenia or Armenians.

The Maykop culture was not limited to the Adygey region around Maykop city, but ranged from Northeast Anatolia to the Sea of Azov (until the Taman Peninsula, but as sea levels were a little bit lower 5500 years ago, it could have included territory now under the Sea of Azov, and perhaps even Crimea itself). Nowadays the dominant haplogroup in that region is actually R1a (in the Russian part), followed by G2a, R1b and J2. The fact that there are such huge differences in haplogroup frequencies between Northeast Anatolia, Georgia, Abkhazia, Kabardino-Balkaria, Adygea, and Southwest Russia demonstrates that the region's population has undergone a thorough shift since the Bronze Age. It's obvious that the Russians (and therefore R1a) were the last to come. But the North Caucasus (and modern Ukraine) was invaded so many times in ancient times that there is little chance that its genetic pool survived unscathed to this day. Northeast Anatolia is probably a better indicator of the ancient population, because it was sheltered on every sides by the Caucasus, the Pontic Mountains and the Black Sea, and it is away from the great routes between the Middle East and Europe.

This thread has been viewed 17417 times.

Back