Which Regions of Italy have you visited?

• Total voters

julia90

Passione Mediterranea
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Tuscan-Italian-(European)
mtDNA haplogroup
H5b

Well I am Italian. The regions that I have visited (for visiting I mean that I have spent at least a couple of day there and not that I have just passed through it by car) including my own region are:
- Abruzzo (most of the the region)
- Lazio (Rome, Viterbo and a medieval village called Orte, very cute)
- Campania (Neaples, Sorrento, Positano, Pompei & Ercolano, magic!)
- Tuscany (Florence)
- Sud Tyrol and Trentino (Merano & Bozen)
- Veneto (Cortina & Venice)
- Lombardy (Milan)
- Sardinia (the south-eastern point + Cagliari)
- Apulia

Sicily, Naples and Lombardy ( Milan)
I liked all three places, but I left with the impression that Sicilians are certainly the most hated italians, not only in the usa where there is a huge community of italo-americans, but amongst other italians as well

Sicilians

Sicily, Naples and Lombardy ( Milan)
I liked all three places, but I left with the impression that Sicilians are certainly the most hated italians, not only in the usa where there is a huge community of italo-americans, but amongst other italians as well

I think Sicilians constitute an own people, they feel different from mainland Italians as well. Under many aspects they are closer to Greeks or just they are unique. In my region there are many stereotypes about Sicilians like they are extremely jelouse, particularly dark, all these sort of things.
I have met few Sicilians but I dunno them very well. As far as I know them, they are sympathic and good people very attached to their isle. The only negative aspect that I can record is that some of them are loud and quite eccentric, but not all.

I found funny to find Sardinia at the end of the poll, I keep forgetting it is a part of Italy, even though when I visited friends over there during a week-long stay, I could definitely feel the local culture is very strong. In my Belgian Heimat, there are a couple of Sardinian cultural clubs. As David Gilmour wrote in his fantastic book "The Pursuit of Italy" (review here:http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/jul/31/pursuit-italy-history-david-gilmour), there's always more to Italy than one can think at first...

I found funny to find Sardinia at the end of the poll, I keep forgetting it is a part of Italy, even though when I visited friends over there during a week-long stay, I could definitely feel the local culture is very strong. In my Belgian Heimat, there are a couple of Sardinian cultural clubs. As David Gilmour wrote in his fantastic book "The Pursuit of Italy" (review here:http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/jul/31/pursuit-italy-history-david-gilmour), there's always more to Italy than one can think at first...

yep, they had contact with almost none civilizations.
Romanization was partial. When they ship to italy they say they are going to "the Continent", they are very insular-isolated.

I'm Italian and I think I visited all the regions... anyway in the last few years I've been in: Veneto, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Emilia Romagna, Toscana, Umbria, Marche (well it's my region!), Lazio, Abruzzo and Puglia.

I am an Italian American (third generation) and have visited Italia several times. My paternal grandparents are from Napoli and Roma respectively and I find both cities fascinating. Aside from those two cities, I have also enjoyed Florence, Venice and especially Verona (Veneto region). Italia has an abundance of culture and many UNESCO sites; too many to list. My next visit will concentrate on Sicily, which I understand has a completely different culture all to its own! Ciao!

I've been pretty much to all major regions of Italy. Have not been to Calabria or Sardinia.

never been below Rome or to Sardinia, pity, because my parents said apulia, abruzzo and sicily are very nice

Hi guys

Besttourinitaly is one of the leading travel company offer Pompeii Tours to the travelers.Pompeii is the beautiful place in Pompeii is a partially buried city in southern Italy.The city is unquestionably one of the world’s best known archaeological sites, famous not only because of its dramatic destruction as a result of an eruption of Mount Vesuvius, but also its amazing preservation.Those travelers, who visit to Italy, they didn't forget this place. This place is situated in the bay of Naples.This is mainly because the excavations of Pompeii give much insight on the life of people in Ancient Rome each day.

With regards
Angelica Ryan

This thread has been viewed 14117 times.

Back