Napoleon I

kgnju

Reaction score
Which Y-DNA Haplotype did Napoleon I,the famous French emperor belong to?

Not sure if it's definetely known, but I think he probably was G2a3b1a.

At least, it's a very likely option xd

Not sure if it's definetely known, but I think he probably was G2a3b1a.

At least, it's a very likely option xd
Uhh, But his family emigated from Italy, not the natives of Corsica.

Indeed, the Bonaparte family originated in central Tuscany. Remains the possibility of a non-paternity event.

Statistically, the most common haplogroup in both Corsica and Tuscany is R1b (mostly the Italian R1b-S28/U152), so the odds is that the Bonaparte lineage belongs to that haplogroup. The second highest odds are for haplogroup J2.

Indeed, the Bonaparte family originated in central Tuscany. Remains the possibility of a non-paternity event.

Statistically, the most common haplogroup in both Corsica and Tuscany is R1b (mostly the Italian R1b-S28/U152), so the odds is that the Bonaparte lineage belongs to that haplogroup. The second highest odds are for haplogroup J2.
Always got useful information from you, Maciamo.Thank you!

Thanks, this is a very interesting info!

Time for Maciamo to add another famous individual to his E1b1b page? With both Napoleon and Hitler now determined, E1b1b is becoming interestingly associated with European military conquerors. At least this time, I doubt we'll be seeing a bunch of media articles about how Jewish Napoleon is because of this.

jaja!!!

Good point sparkey, as usual ;)

Bruno Roy-Henry recently opened a Petition to the French President on Avaaz:

It's about a skin fragment of Napoleon I. and their Y-DNA. Issued in a museum in France. So far it has been denied, but the funds are there. It should answer the question, that the one who was exhumed in 1840 in St. Helena is really Napoleon I.

Here the Petition and please subscribe:
secure.avaaz.org/fr/petition/Le_President_de_la_Republique_Francaise_Lanalyse_ADN_du_derme_conserve_au_musee_de_lArmee_et_attribue_a_Napoleon//?launch

This thread has been viewed 20327 times.

Back