Votes: 3 6.0%
  • North Africa (Berbers)

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Levantines (Syrians, Lebanese)

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Armenians/Georgians

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
People should not consider indigenous Canarians as part of the equation. Clearly, they are far different phenotypically and genetically from mainland Iberians. Native Canarians, and to a considerably lesser extent, Azoreans and Madeirans, need to be treated separately from peninsular population groups. In any case, the biggest phenotypic overlap seems to be with the French (primarily southeastern and southwestern) and Northern Italians.

Of course, there are agenda motivated odd-balls who will do just about anything to propagate the inane myth that Iberians are similar to North Africans. Intensely laughable.:LOL:

Welcome back Canek.

I voted Italians. I think the Sicilian phenotype is further away from Iberians than most other Italians, at least in my experience. Some French can be close, but Northern French are far enough away that I didn't vote for them.

This doesn't need to be a genetic debate, and genetics don't always match phenotypes, but Cambrius is more correct here than Canek, from what I've seen.

In my opinion French are the closest. Then, Italians, English and Irish show a lot of similarities too.

I voted...Irish, British, French, and Italian...I voted for Italian because it really should be the North Italians.

The reason is found in the following image showing ADMIXTURE results at K=11

ADMIXTURE_11.jpg

There was a K=12 version of this analysis, in my opinion slightly better. Anyways, North Italians and Iberians usually show similarities in admixture analysis and clustering experiments. It's the best match in all Southern Europe.

As in the rest of polls I think that to groso way everyone has his own idiosyncrasy, fenotípica and each of the exhibitions only is even represented and seemed to her herself, but good it is necessary to give a result.

As Spain is a very tourist country I have to say that more than the Spanish they should fit here or there, if I have known Frenchmen, Englishmen, Irishes, Italians, Portugueses who seemed Spanish. I believe that in case of Spain there would be what to say: those who fit in Spain?, in totalities nobody would be, but individually there would be many cases.

Many people believe that it is with the Italians with whom more similar we have and it is not like that, Italian has a more refined finished end, everything is necessary to recognize it. We are not even so thin of skin as the Italians of the north not so exotic as the Italians of the south.

I have seen the people of the British Isles or France that without having opened the mouth have made me believe that they are Spanish, not all, of course.

I have two woman clients immigrants that one is English and another German and they think the same.

Hi, Knovas!

The K=12 analysis was uninformative...the K=11 ADMIXTURE results were the most informative. At K=12 uninformative groups start to form.

I don't see why A. Tamar. Both K=11 and K=12 were quite similar, with the only difference that K=12 showed a North Asian cluster, which was an improve in detecting some Asian alleles. Anyways, I wrote several times to Dienekes' for running new raw data's (people who wasn't able to participate) and he said no. The reason was he thinks generating isolated clusters (Basque and Sardinian) does not tell information about the population's composition, just how people is more or less related to them.

What it's true, is that at K=12 the Sub-Saharan cluster behaved strange sometimes.

Then, although I wanted to know my scores, it seems nothing will come out in regards for this.

Probably some French, some Italians and some Greek. To a lesser degree some British, Irish and Germans.

Do you guys think there is a noticeable phenotypic difference between Spaniards and Portuguese?

Do you guys think there is a noticeable phenotypic difference between Spaniards and Portuguese?
To my observation while quite some Portuguese looks like Spaniards they also have some sub-phenotype which is only theirs:)

Northern Portuguese are practically the same as Galicians. And the rest are very similar to the main Spaniards in average.

@ Oreo_Cookie

There is a slight bit more Cro-Magnon and Paleo-Atlantid in the Portuguese.

Northern Portuguese are practically the same as Galicians. And the rest are very similar to the main Spaniards in average.

You can't tell Northern Portuguese and Galicians apart. Many Alpine-Atlantids in NW Iberia.

I think that the portuguese are some more darker, because they have been more isolated, while Spain has been more open to Europe and the rest of the world. Canek said a real nonsense.

I think Italians and Spaniards don't look exactly the same. Italians in my opinion have a more Eastern European vibe in them, due to the fact that Italians are more mixed. In preroman Italy there went Italics (who seem to be derived from the same stock of the Celts), Celts, Greeks, Etruscans; in Middle Age Longobards, Normans, Ostrogothes, Franks, then the French and Spaniards, in the North Austrians and in some regions also Slavs and Albanians. I think Spaniards and Portugueses have an own look that is predominant western European with some berber traits in some cases.

I think Italians and Spaniards don't look exactly the same. Italians in my opinion have a more Eastern European vibe in them, due to the fact that Italians are more mixed. In preroman Italy there went Italics (who seem to be derived from the same stock of the Celts), Celts, Greeks, Etruscans; in Middle Age Longobards, Normans, Ostrogothes, Franks, then the French and Spaniards, in the North Austrians and in some regions also Slavs and Albanians. I think Spaniards and Portugueses have an own look that is predominant western European with some berber traits in some cases.

I agree. I think this is a fair and reasonable point of view. I will say that with Berber traits in Iberia, they tend to increase somewhat as you go west, i.e. I have seen very few Catalans with any sort of Berber influence, but parts of Portugal and southwestern Spain they are more evident.

In the remaining threads of the same series are photographs, missing here, why?

This thread has been viewed 40645 times.

Back