Ethnic group
Makedonian original
Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a3a
mtDNA haplogroup
X2b

What is going on in Moscow?

is it a revolt?

Not just Moscow, St Petersburg as well apparently.

It will be interesting to see if there is any backlash by the government against protesters though.

We need Anton to comment on recent events in Russia.
Anton, how is democracy coming over there?
I think, everybody hates Putin now, time to undust Gorbachev.

5000-10000 of people are protested because people are tired from the same persons at power, corruption... plus the elections of 4th december in DUMA were very dirty. Among the common people the Mr.Putin's party has the nickname "party of crooks and thieves". And Mr. Putin's & Medvedev "United Russia" party suspected of falsifications of 5-10% of votes. Despite of it the "United Russia" lost many seats in DUMA. In 2007 year Putin's party had 315 parliamentary seats from 450, now in 2011 year it have only 238 from 450. Without fraud, it may not have received even a majority which is needed for lawmaking. Communists, Liberal-Democrats & Social Democrats almost doubled their presence in DUMA. Last elections & that protest destroyed Mr.Putin's reputation as invulnerable and super popular leader. So I think Mr. Putin's career slowly go to the sunset.
In March, there will be presidential elections, if they will be as dirt as previous then the power can lose legitimacy.

Well you are right about the numbers

it seems they not big,

but it seems that spread even to far east and Vladivostok
I wonder if the numbers are small due to Russian winter or due to people do not want to protest,

Well you are right about the numbers

it seems they not big,

but it seems that spread even to far east and Vladivostok
I wonder if the numbers are small due to Russian winter or due to people do not want to protest,

People had not wanted to protest because their income has grown and government was new, it was kinda "agreement" between authorities and the population since 2000 year. But times are changing.
5000-10000 people is a big number for Russia, it was first time when opposition put on the streets such large crowd of people.
But yesterday (10.12.11) the meeting against fraudulent elections in Moscow was even bigger, from 30000 to 60000 in number. Don't remember that we had something like that for last 20 years.
I don't consider it as "revolution", revolution happens when people violently assault institutions of government while meeting yesterday was peaceful. It's more from culture to protect human rights which written in constitution than from the culture of revolution.

If I was Russian I'd be angry all the time, the economy is a train wreck what Putin has offered is stagnation!
No. 53 in IMF GDP per capita, when you should really be in the top ten.
Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 12.31.06.jpg

People had not wanted to protest because their income has grown and government was new, it was kinda "agreement" between authorities and the population since 2000 year. But times are changing.
5000-10000 people is a big number for Russia, it was first time when opposition put on the streets such large crowd of people.
But yesterday (10.12.11) the meeting against fraudulent elections in Moscow was even bigger, from 30000 to 60000 in number. Don't remember that we had something like that for last 20 years.
I don't consider it as "revolution", revolution happens when people violently assault institutions of government while meeting yesterday was peaceful. It's more from culture to protect human rights which written in constitution than from the culture of revolution.

Seems like some outside of russia can't wait for a revolution:
"FOX NEWS lies about riots in russia"

I distance myself from the youtube comments.

Good old Fox and CNN at it again! Since when have those two ever let facts get in the way of sensationalism and propoganda?

The worst of it, aside from the ignorance and sloppy journalism, is that some people actually believe the rubbish they spout.

This thread has been viewed 9779 times.

Back