K12a admixture calculator

Kardu

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Georgian
Has anybody tried this one yet? :) http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2011/12/first-analysis-of-metspalu-et-al-2011.html

Here are my results:

0.85% Mediterranean
0.70% Far_Asian
0.00% Siberian
10.16% North_European
0.00% South_Asian
0.00% West_African
69.09% Caucasus
11.61% Gedrosia
0.00% East_African
7.23% Southwest_Asian
0.35% Southeast_Asian
0.00% Northwest_African

Seems more or less in accordance with the other tests

Yes I did, and I'm absolutely disappointed with such admixture proportions. Just to be quick:

- The Caucasus and Gedrosia are both exagerated in all Southern Europe, and completely underestimated in the North. Just check the Greek average...they are about to be not European LOL.

- Culmination: Dodecad v4 will be based on this. I hope this will get refined...if not, it's time to go.

Here are mine, althought I desagree of course:

56.84% Mediterranean
25.48% North European
6.97% Caucasus
3.88% Southwest Asian
2.41% Gedrosia
2.14% Northwest African
1.79% South Asian
0.43% East African
0.02% Southeast Asian
0.02% West African
0.01% Siberian
0.00% Far Asian

Interesting :)

Yes, the Caucasus component seems to be exaggerated even in my case :) I've never got such a high percentage before and my Mediterranean is practically gone...

Well, what you get makes much sense. It seems like with the new samples he's still experimenting...it's the only thing I can think to understand it.

Yes, that could be the reason..
And now my results are more in accordance with Behar's Georgians'

2,1% Mediterranean
14,3% North_European
73,4% Caucasus
7,8% Gedrosia
0,7% Southwest_Asian

Strange this run. Germanics, like the Dutch, Scandinavians or Birtish have about 40% of mediterranean, it has never been that high, I suspect the label is wrong, it is more like an Atlantic/Southwest component, since it peaks in Basques at 70%. As for the Gedrosian component, it is higher in northerns european than in Southern Europeans.

The new Gedrosian component has a European peak in Northwest Europe (10% in Orcadians, 9% in Irish, 7.5% in British, 8% in Dutch, 7% in Basques...) which seems to correlate with the (North-)West European component of the K=10 admixtures. Balto-Slavic people almost completely lack it though. This makes me wonder if part of this Gedrosian component does not actually belong to a Proto-Indo-European source (linked to R1b, not R1a) from the Northwest Caucasus region.

The Caucasians have an equivalent percentage of Gedrosian as the one found in Northwest Europeans : 15% in the Kumyks (who have 20% of R1b, the 2nd highest in the Caucasus region after the Armenians), 11% in the Armenians (30% of R1b), 10% in the Adygeis, 8.5% in Abhkasians and Balkars (all three within the territory of Maykop Culture), 8% in the Georgians...

I don't see how genes from Balochistan could have ended up in Northwest Europe. The Caucasus is far more likely. Besides, the Euro7 calculator already showed a similar peak in Northwest Europe for the Caucasus component (max. 9% in Argyll Scots).

This run makes no sense to me. Basically, I find plain impossible that Iberians could have more Caucasus + Gedrosian than Northern Europeans. Geography does not help to find such thing, all logic says it must be the opposite.

As I said, if the v4 will be based on this, there are several things to fix.

This run makes no sense to me. Basically, I find plain impossible that Iberians could have more Caucasus + Gedrosian than Northern Europeans. Geography does not help to find such thing, all logic says it must be the opposite.

As I said, if the v4 will be based on this, there are several things to fix.
Yes it's strange, but in some cases the difference is not that big, for example Germans have 7.8 caucasis + 4.4 gedrosian, similar to Spaniards 7.9 + 4.9

Anyways, it's still wrong. It would be more reasonable to find higher Southwest Asian and Northwest African between Iberians in comparison with Northern Europeans, but having much lower Caucasus + Gedrosian. That point agrees with the first K=10, showing clearly higher West Asian/Caucasian admixture in Northern Euros. Other runs as well showed that there's more Asian influence in Northern Europe than in Iberia, which is a known fact.

Look at the map of component, one can see that mediterranean is the most European component, while Northern-European in reality is more like a Northaest Euro or Balto-Slavic (peaks in Lithuanians-Finns)

It's really confusing. Basques seem to be the only Southern European population getting something more or less reasonable. As I pointed above, one can check Greeks or Southern Italians, and they look no way European.

Obviously many things don't make any sense here.

And by the way, I see apreciable discrepancies between the K12a spreadsheet and the Calculator results. For example, my East African disappeared and the South Asian increased. Specially this one is quite high in me in comparison with other Iberians, it seems to compensate the lower Gedrosia and Caucasus. Well, no comments xd

Yes, I've noticed minor differences between the spreadsheet and my own calculations:) although the general picture is still the same

Yes I did, and I'm absolutely disappointed with such admixture proportions. Just to be quick:

- The Caucasus and Gedrosia are both exagerated in all Southern Europe, and completely underestimated in the North. Just check the Greek average...they are about to be not European LOL.

- Culmination: Dodecad v4 will be based on this. I hope this will get refined...if not, it's time to go.

Here are mine, althought I desagree of course:

56.84% Mediterranean
25.48% North European
6.97% Caucasus
3.88% Southwest Asian
2.41% Gedrosia
2.14% Northwest African
1.79% South Asian
0.43% East African
0.02% Southeast Asian
0.02% West African
0.01% Siberian
0.00% Far Asian

Here are my K12a results. The first time I've ever had any West African admixture, and it is appreciably high. Probably a remnant of some African component found throughout the Middle-East. This 'West' African is found at similar frequencies among the Bedouin (3.6%), Palestinian (2.7%), Sindhi (2.5%), Brahui in Balochistan (2.1%), Iranian (2.0%) and Syrian (2.0%) population. My opinion is that it is ancient out-of-Africa admixture still floating around in Southwest/South Asia. Another possibility may be it is not West African but due to a back migration from Southern Asian, and has been lumped together with West African due to its successful spread among West Africans, possibly carried by Indo-Arabo-Iranian admixtured individuals who traversed the Sahara and mixed with Central African populations many moons ago.

33.59% North_European
30.48% Mediterranean
20.95% Caucasus
6.14% Southwest_Asian
5.13% Gedrosia
1.94% West_African
0.77% Northwest_African
0.28% South_Asian
0.27% East_African
0.19% Far_Asian
0.19% Southeast_Asian
0.06% Siberian

Your West African would probably partly disappear in the spreadsheet Dorian, as for example my East African is absent there. By the way, you are very different form the Greek average, so I guess you are not fully Greek, ¿right?. Also, ¿what do you think about the population averages (specially Greeks and Southern Italians)? It looks very rare to me.

Here are my K12a results. The first time I've ever had any West African admixture, and it is appreciably high. Probably a remnant of some African component found throughout the Middle-East. This 'West' African is found at similar frequencies among the Bedouin (3.6%), Palestinian (2.7%), Sindhi (2.5%), Brahui in Balochistan (2.1%), Iranian (2.0%) and Syrian (2.0%) population. My opinion is that it is ancient out-of-Africa admixture still floating around in Southwest/South Asia. Another possibility may be it is not West African but due to a back migration from Southern Asian, and has been lumped together with West African due to its successful spread among West Africans, possibly carried by Indo-Arabo-Iranian admixtured individuals who traversed the Sahara and mixed with Central African populations many moons ago.

33.59% North_European
30.48% Mediterranean
20.95% Caucasus
6.14% Southwest_Asian
5.13% Gedrosia
1.94% West_African
0.77% Northwest_African
0.28% South_Asian
0.27% East_African
0.19% Far_Asian
0.19% Southeast_Asian
0.06% Siberian
Are you full greek ? Doing a Oracle of your resuslts, the greeks are not even in top10, and by a large margin :

[1,] "Romanians" "8.4332"
[2,] "Bulgarian_D" "9.2787"
[3,] "Bulgarians_Y" "9.926"
[4,] "N_Italian_D" "14.3159"
[5,] "Hungarians" "16.189"
[6,] "O_Italian_D" "17.0714"
[7,] "TSI25" "18.2355"
[8,] "Tuscan" "18.3566"
[9,] "North_Italian" "18.3934"
[10,] "French" "19.8718"

If Dorian has substantial Aromanian ancestors the picture is surely very different from the main Greeks. I know a Vlach Aromanian girl (and have seen many photos of her family), and she has nothing to do in phisical appearence with the main Greeks, which is the same pattern I observed in the others. Yes, quite blond hair and light eyes.

If he is ethnic Greek and I'm right in my Aromanian hypothesis origin, what the Dodecad Oracle shows makes sense as most Aromanians seem to be Balkanic descent, with substantial Northeast Eurtopean influece (most likely fit). That could be the reason why they often look much lighter than the average Greeks.

Let's see xd

Your West African would probably partly disappear in the spreadsheet Dorian, as for example my East African is absent there. By the way, you are very different form the Greek average, so I guess you are not fully Greek, ¿right?. Also, ¿what do you think about the population averages (specially Greeks and Southern Italians)? It looks very rare to me.

If Dorian has substantial Aromanian ancestors the picture is surely very different from the main Greeks. I know a Vlach Aromanian girl (and have seen many photos of her family), and she has nothing to do in phisical appearence with the main Greeks, which is the same pattern I observed in the others. Yes, quite blond hair and light eyes.

If he is ethnic Greek and I'm right in my Aromanian hypothesis origin, what the Dodecad Oracle shows makes sense as most Aromanians seem to be Balkanic descent, with substantial Northeast Eurtopean influece (most likely fit). That could be the reason why they often look much lighter than the average Greeks.

Let's see xd

My parents are both fully Greek. My mother's family originated from Sfakia on Crete and my father's family are from Milos. Depending where in Greece you sample, I should think that one will find varying amounts of North European and Caucasus but generally they amount to between 50-55% when added together. The Mediterranean component remains relatively constant at approximately 30% for Greeks.

I believe that the Greek dodecad sample is not representative of all traditional Greek families. The same is probably true for Southern Italians. I'm not complaining though as I understand the challenges in mapping the regions admixture components. Not easy!

Very interesting Dorian, and surprising! You fit much better in the Balkans than in Greece, and according to the present data the most likely argument for me was what I posted. No need to say there's no Aromanian Vlach joining the projects, so their proportions are still unknown...they could even be more Northern European than expected.

Now of course, new questions appear in regards for the main people inhabiting the near isles in Greece, but also it's evident that mainland Greeks aren't probably well represented with the present samples. Yes, not easy, too bad we'll have to wait a long time to know more about this.

This thread has been viewed 44251 times.

Back