Does the Y-dna and mtDNA frequency distribution pages include recent immigration?

elghund

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Appalachian American
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1b2a1a
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c1
Does the Y-dna and mtDNA frequency distribution pages seen here and here take into account the recent immigration influx into the various European countries?

some testing compagnies ask customers to give them date and localisation of their most ancient ascendant known (or supposed when speaking about fathers!) - but some surveys was made aside with medical purposes and in France I believe the remote origins of ancestors are not always the main preoccupation - so the data could be heterogenous and include recent immigration (what is RECENT immigration for you? 2 or 3 generations?)

What kind of recent immigration are we talking here about? From my knowledge the large majority of the individuals have at least native Grandparents. Means both paternal and maternal Grandparents are native.

What kind of recent immigration are we talking here about? From my knowledge the large majority of the individuals have at least native Grandparents. Means both paternal and maternal Grandparents are native.

According to this Wikipedia article, 19% of France's total population was foreign born. Throughout Europe, immigration has significantly risen since WWII and has been escalating more since the eighties.

According to this Wikipedia article, 19% of France's total population was foreign born. Throughout Europe, immigration has significantly risen since WWII and has been escalating more since the eighties.

good point, but I believe only ethnic French people were tested cause this is also the case in other regions. The goal of Genetics is to determind historical movements and connections thats why I dont believe native born genetic foreigners are tested. Also the sample results indicate that I am right. cause the results seem to be close to Central Europeans.

This thread has been viewed 7407 times.

Back