What is the history of Blonde hair?

it is very difficult to affirm where blond hairs mutation appeared ans when because firstable there are at least 2 sorts of blond hairs and there is no vulgarisation papers about the loci involved in it -
speaking about density, without taking in account reddish hues or ashe hues that depend on other loci on chromosome, dark blond hair dominating almost absolutely in Western Europe, and almost white blond hairs challenging it in Central and Eastern and North-Eastern Europe -
I do not know if it is a different mutation on the same locus or two mutated loci creating a possible cumulative effect -
so where, when?... the present day location of blonds around Baltic Sea could lead to false interpretations - maybe one of the hairs depigmentation could have happened in Siberia, who knows???
I think people focalize too much on the only pigmentation...

If blond hair existed before end of ice age, it would need to be located further south than today, more on latitude of Black Sea/Caspian Sea, central Europe, or central Asia.

If blond hair existed before end of ice age, it would need to be located further south than today, more on latitude of Black Sea/Caspian Sea, central Europe, or central Asia.

possibly - there is no evident obstacle - there have been people movements for a long time, already from Paleo to Mesolithic, E>>W, W>>E and others...
further South, yes, but not so further because we have human settlements (summer only? not sure) at the latitude of North Paris, Wallonia, S-Poland CLOSE TO THE WORST PERIOD OF LATE GLACIATION...

surely you red it yet - I newly red that 'blond hair mutation' among some australian aborigenes groups was the result of a
different mutation (other locus, even if in close region of chromosom? I don't remember , what is important is that blondism was not send to S-E asian ancestral people by europoids -

be carefull when reading titles of surveys digests: the 'scoop' illness strikes very often, very too much!!!
"the ancient Germans was dark pigmented" or something like that was the title of a report of study made about
old germanics people ADN - about 24 or 25 skeletons : result: only one with a 'red hair' 'pinky white skin' condition; (it is a 4% red hair percentage, which is important enough all the way!!!)
when completely red, you see that the survey didn't study other genes, and so, was not able to discriminate blond or black hairs, blue of brown eye (without going into too much details):
so, no, the ancient Germanics was not all of them Sardinians!
it 's why I keep sceptical before having red the digest or (better) the article until its end...

This thread has been viewed 3721 times.

Back