Iranians.. which Europeans can they overlap with? (Multiple choice)

Choose all that apply.

• Total voters

oreo_cookie

Banned
Reaction score
Some Iranians;

09.jpg
12.jpg
p
28atbag.jpg
mj67g9.jpg
30iutzo.jpg
2ec3cli.jpg
2wgssrd.jpg
fnwxn5.jpg
2z8tfs5.jpg
c1efc9b9.jpg
1f09afae.jpg
1b5591df.jpg
083bfd5a.jpg
535510_orig.jpg
535514_orig.jpg
12653906104.jpg
12653879418.jpg
SamanAliBakhshi-Bito.jpg

I don'tsee them overlapping with any country in Europe. They look middle-eastern. Btw, didn't you make already a similar thread ?

They seem sohappyand well fed.RoughlyI would sayto anyone,but there areexceptionsthat can fitanywhere inEurope.

I've putthe GoogleChromeand brings medown the streetfrom bitterness, I nowsealthe words whenI havetopaste.

It happens to me with the translator of google only.

I don't see any real overlap with any European ethnic group. There may be a few individuals who could pass unnoticed in Malta or Cyprus.

The photo nª 17 girl might be a French. The nº 16 has a very Italian smile, also I have seen this smile in Spain. In the group photos they turn out to be very heterogeneous as for features, the whole Europe is there. The nº 6 there might look like girls of the East or of the north of Europe. The nº 1, 2, 3, they fit very well in Europe. The nº 5 and nº 9 fit little in Europe, perhaps some country of the Orient, I do not know. The nº 8 reminds me very much to some gypsy. As for similarity with the Europeans it would give him a notable high place and if the excellent one purifies me.

I found some pics of some who look Eastern European.. I may add them later.

Last edited:
Is it necessary to turn to potear all the photography?

are those photos public or private?
i think it isn't right to post private photos

I'm not going to vote. Before the invasions of their land, Iranians were very close genetic cousins of Europeans and still are to this day (albeit not as much). Lots of them can pass in various European countries.

I am not going to vote. Here are some I found.

highres10665052wjeyluva9.jpg

highres1066505guejyn7k1w.jpg

iasny-2013-4.jpg
548873_503995899635630_827671606_n.jpg

pirhayati20130611132132740.jpg

myriam20130513071837203.jpg

Ali-Larijani_1533743c.jpg

Attachments

• highres1066505guejyn7k1w.jpg
    highres1066505guejyn7k1w.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 4
  • myriam20130513071837203.jpg
    myriam20130513071837203.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You're "not going to vote".....who would suggest that ANY Europeans look like Iranians....I mean, other than about 35% of Iranians having J which can be found in Mediterranean populations or the eastern part of the country's 30% R1a shared with Slavs (which aren't even the same subclades) the entire gene pool "mix" of Iranian haplogroups isn't similar to any European ones; for example, even though mtdna H may be found in lower frequencies in Iranians,most of them belong to the more ancestral HV which predominates in parts of the near east. Iranians are middle easterners; that's why they cluster with middle easterners. Although a certain percentage of them may adhere to a European genetic profile; the majority do not.

spanish for the men and balkan lands for the women

I don't think most of them, especially the men, look European at all, which I found a bit surprising, as I expected there to be more overlap. A few of the women, the ones in the first photo for example, might be Greek or even from other places in the Balkans. I think Sile is onto something in terms of the men. I see a vague resemblance to the Spanish and Portuguese.

They don't look like southern Italians to me at all, with the possible exception of a few of the women in the first two photos and one or two in the first photo of post # 12. It's not a question of pigmentation. It's a very different cast of features.

Phenotypes are a result of the mingling of many different "types", and which traits for which features are dominant and which recessive in certain combinations is going to be pretty regional.

Once again, an object lesson in not tying phenotype to admixture "components" too tightly.

Last edited:
Most of these people don't look Spanish. Spaniards are predominantly Classic and Atlanto Mediterranean in type (dolicho/mesocephalic, brunette, straight nasal profile) with minor Alpine, Dinaric and Armenoid influence. Iranians, on the other hand, are more Dinaricized, with the Alpine and Armenoid influences that are very common in many parts of the Middle East. Also, the Eastern Mediterranean elements are the ones predominantly entering the Dinarization in these areas (if we accept the theory that Dinarization is caused by blendings of Mediterranean and Alpine/Armenoid types.) So, if anything, morphologically-speaking Iranians have more in common with Greeks, Italians and some Balkan populations, due to more Armenoid, Alpine and Dinaric influences in all these places.

http://dienekes.awardspace.com/texts/angeltypes/

Last edited:
Southern Germans/Poles are mainly Norids aka blond Dinards, so they are closer to Iranians than Iberians are...

People from anywhere in Germany and Poland have more Nordic influence than anywhere in the Middle East, though. Also, people from those areas largely lack the Armenoid influence more common in the Middle East.

Not voting!

Why do they need to overlap? Just face the fact that the West is becoming multicultural. As an Australian (Australia is a multicultural nation) I can say that there are huge advantages. For example there can be a liberal exchange of ideas and seeing other customs and enjoying other cuisines. Most of my friends came from many different cultures including Iranian, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, German, Italian and other Europeans. My life is richer for having had their friendship and input into my life.

Europeans have gone to other parts of the world, colonized countries, imposed their rules, traded to their own advantage and in many cases did a lot of damage. In some cases wiped out entire populations. Now that people from the rest of the world is going to Europe and under European terms, they don't like it.

This thread has been viewed 11672 times.

Back