PDA

View Full Version : Your Haplogroup (are you pleased or disappointed with it?)

foryouandme
31-05-12, 19:41
My best friend and I planned to have our mtDNA done together. While we awaited our results, I was hoping I'd be a rare uncomman haplogroup and my friend didn't mind which one she would be. Rather ironically, when we recieved our results it turned I am U5a - Ursula (one of the most comman haplogroup, at least in Europe), and my is friend I1a - Iris (one of the most rare mtDNA haplogroups in the world). Personally, I am disappointed with mine. No disrespect to fellow Ursula's out there.

zanipolo
31-05-12, 20:33
My best friend and I planned to have our mtDNA done together. While we awaited our results, I was hoping I'd be a rare uncomman haplogroup and my friend didn't mind which one she would be. Rather ironically, when we recieved our results it turned I am U5a - Ursula (one of the most comman haplogroup, at least in Europe), and my is friend I1a - Iris (one of the most rare mtDNA haplogroups in the world). Personally, I am disappointed with mine. No disrespect to fellow Ursula's out there.

If you clear your head of any links with nationaltic, linguistic or religous groups ( which where not around at the time of your genes) , then to me its all good regardless of what you are

Mercia
31-05-12, 22:06
I didn't feel pleased or disappointed-just very surprised and enormously curious. My background is very ordinary, with a family tree firmly rooted in the English Midlands. I expected to belong to a large haplogroup such as H. Now I'm intrigued by haplogroup V! I'm researching my maternal line to try and find their origins. So far I've got back to rural Oxfordshire in 1831. Hopefully, as more people are tested the origins of my subclade will become clear.

sparkey
31-05-12, 22:16
I wasn't really hoping for a rare haplogroup just for the sake of having a rare haplogroup and feeling special for it. But having a rare Y-DNA lineage has proved useful for matching, since there is little convergence. My mtDNA haplogroup has only been disappointing in that it hasn't told me a lot about my matrilineal background that I didn't already know.

LeBrok
01-06-12, 00:19
My haplogroups are at the other end of being special, lol. Well, I'll take what I'm dealt and do best out of it. :)
Y and M haplogroups are only couple of percent of all DNA, so they don't mean much in general configuration of being human anyway.

Yaan
01-06-12, 09:12
Hi! I am not really disappointed. For Y DNA I was kinda hoping for one of my both favorite haplogroups which are E-V13 and R1a, and for MT DNA I really thought( I do not know why) that I am going to be either J or T. For Y DNA I also wanted to get T,coz it is really cool and rare. Well I got J2(J2a) for Y DNA and H for MT DNA and I am quite happy with it. Genetic testing is so cool!

Knovas
01-06-12, 14:09
I like my haplogroups. I was really surprised with my maternal line though, it seems it's very widespread in Europe but with no regional representative presence. I certainly expected my mum having H or U5, but I'm pleased :)

Keegah
01-06-12, 21:57
I wasn't really hoping for a rare haplogroup just for the sake of having a rare haplogroup and feeling special for it. But having a rare Y-DNA lineage has proved useful for matching, since there is little convergence.

I've had the opposite result. Having a rare haplogroup has, for me, meant that DNA testing hasn't yielded very many results at all, and won't until until more holders of my haplogroup get tested. It's interesting on one hand, but disappointing on the other.

zanipolo
01-06-12, 22:04
I am anoyed on how they (whoever) designate markers as religious, linguistic or nationalitic signs, like the T group. If you are T1a , you are 50% jew and came from the middle east if you are T1b you came from anywhere between tanzania to zimbabwe and are not Jew.
What is this jew thing, it makes no sense, are they saying that the marker which is 10000 plus years old was already jewish. When did jewry begin 10000 years ago?.

This is the "fantasy" I was recently given on my lineage which is still designated as unknown until I do SNP tests.
Tanzania to Taurus mountains Turkey, to Chios, to Crete, to Epirus to eastern alps. ?????? really LOL.

I am NOT unhappy with mine.... as I stated it all good.

As for my mtdna which I did in 2008..............I might need to do another.

On another matter, markers being renamed, ....................is there a site which holds all the changes made to all the HG groups and sub groups?

Carlos
02-06-12, 02:14
You may not know the scope and the subject still see it as getting the latest model car or perfume etc.

If I had another haplogroup would not be yourself, would not exist and it's a miracle that with all the variations and combinations you are in the world, so give thanks that your haplogroup is what it is.

I'm happy with mine, do not know how versatile it is, I pound a lot of evils, the only thing that struck me is that would match to 67 in Northern Ireland and Scotland and only 12 with someone from my country, specifically Navarre, as regards the mitochondrial.

As for the DNA And I have to wait a few years probably, considering that only represents the whole of Spain 0.28%, you can not find a single Spanish E on forums, facebook and I think research is captive to political interests religious and delay making your research, because I will be playing wait.

Do not deny herself.

Barrister
02-06-12, 06:51
I am anoyed on how they (whoever) designate markers as religious, linguistic or nationalitic signs, like the T group. If you are T1a , you are 50% jew and came from the middle east if you are T1b you came from anywhere between tanzania to zimbabwe and are not Jew.
What is this jew thing, it makes no sense, are they saying that the marker which is 10000 plus years old was already jewish. When did jewry begin 10000 years ago?.

This is the "fantasy" I was recently given on my lineage which is still designated as unknown until I do SNP tests.
Tanzania to Taurus mountains Turkey, to Chios, to Crete, to Epirus to eastern alps. ?????? really LOL.

I am NOT unhappy with mine.... as I stated it all good.

As for my mtdna which I did in 2008..............I might need to do another.

On another matter, markers being renamed, ....................is there a site which holds all the changes made to all the HG groups and sub groups?

Wow dude, you're T1b? that's so interesting, what is your ethnic background? Apologies if you've mentioned it before, i'm new to the forum and an Australian also.

zanipolo
02-06-12, 12:04
Wow dude, you're T1b? that's so interesting, what is your ethnic background? Apologies if you've mentioned it before, i'm new to the forum and an Australian also.

lol, welcome

yes T1b and doing a SNP ATM
I am classified as "unknown" in T project as one of my markers DYS464 is the only one in all of T which is 11-11-11-11 (Sparkey can confirm)

Ethnic background is - Australian born, parents from northEast Italy tracing direct line back to 1791, then to 1710 with breaks then to 1588 with breaks...............so I do not count these and so stop at 1791. ( all in North East Italy )

Barrister
03-06-12, 01:18
lol, welcome

yes T1b and doing a SNP ATM
I am classified as "unknown" in T project as one of my markers DYS464 is the only one in all of T which is 11-11-11-11 (Sparkey can confirm)

Ethnic background is - Australian born, parents from northEast Italy tracing direct line back to 1791, then to 1710 with breaks then to 1588 with breaks...............so I do not count these and so stop at 1791. ( all in North East Italy )

Wow cool, thanks for sharing.

(edit) btw, i'm yet to be tested, do you have any recommendations about through which company i should do business with?

zanipolo
03-06-12, 01:28
Wow cool, thanks for sharing.

(edit) btw, i'm yet to be tested, do you have any recommendations about through which company i should do business with?

i used ftdna, but i got a good discount (20%) through myheritage site.

i did the 37 marker which seems to be the minimum to do

L.D.Brousse
03-06-12, 14:12
I wasn't really hoping for a rare haplogroup just for the sake of having a rare haplogroup and feeling special for it. But having a rare Y-DNA lineage has proved useful for matching, since there is little convergence. My mtDNA haplogroup has only been disappointing in that it hasn't told me a lot about my matrilineal background that I didn't already know.

Yes Sparkey for matching it's Great we can tell our clan with 12 markers . But for any other info it is worthless

sparkey
04-06-12, 18:26
Yes Sparkey for matching it's Great we can tell our clan with 12 markers . But for any other info it is worthless

What other info are you looking for? I was able to prove what my surname was before it was Anglicized (confirming what I already suspected); I improved the confidence in the geographic region of origin; I found the half-dozen most closely related families to have tested so far; I determined some of the most likely explanations for the current distribution of my haplogroup, which gives me evidence regarding the historical migration of my patriline all the way back to the Stone Age...

Though, as I mentioned, that was my experience only for my Y-DNA. I probably ought to have a FGS for my mtDNA at some point if I intend to get even close to the same amount of information with it. At this point, I'm not even sure which was the most likely migration to have introduced my mtDNA line to Britain.

L.D.Brousse
05-06-12, 14:08
I also know all about my Huguenot Y line at least back the 1500's in France I want DNA to tell the Ancient story

Kardu
06-06-12, 11:58
As Sparkey has mentioned above, belonging to considerably rare haplogroup can be useful to pinpoint the origins.
I did the test several years ago but till now I have not a single match even among the I2c from the Caucasus-Anatolia region.

My maternal hg is more restricted to the Caucasus.

Alan
06-06-12, 12:04
I did not test myself so far. But the area where I am from is high in R1b and with a good amount of G2a, J2, R1a and I.

JFWR
05-07-12, 06:53
I haven't done a MTDNA test yet, but I had an irrational fear that I was going to find out that I was sub-Saharan African, Polynesian, or South American or something else that would completely warp my conception of my ancestry. I was very pleased to find out that I am European through and through on my patrilineal descent as an I2A2A.

foryouandme
23-07-12, 22:35
I had an irrational fear that I was going to find out that I was sub-Saharan African, Polynesian, or South American or something else that would completely warp my conception of my ancestry.

Why would you have an "irrational fear" about that? exotic and rare haplogroups are interesting.

wormhole
07-08-12, 05:30
I haven't done a MTDNA test yet, but I had an irrational fear that I was going to find out that I was sub-Saharan African, Polynesian, or South American or something else that would completely warp my conception of my ancestry. I was very pleased to find out that I am European through and through on my patrilineal descent as an I2A2A.
That makes no sense and is extremely illogical. Since Negro genetics are extremely predominate, you'd know if you had admixture just my looking at yourself in a mirror. I think it takes 10 generations for Negro genes to fully dissapear. In any case, it's not like you get to choose your haplogroup.

I still wonder what mine are. I need to find a good service that tests for a good price. If anybody knows any reputable sites, contact me or respond.

JFWR
07-08-12, 06:07
Why would you have an "irrational fear" about that? exotic and rare haplogroups are interesting.

It would change my conception of my ancestry. I know of no black admixture and it would throw me for a loop if I had found out I was linked with San Bushmen and the Pygmies, for instance.

JFWR
07-08-12, 06:13
That makes no sense and is extremely illogical. Since Negro genetics are extremely predominate, you'd know if you had admixture just my looking at yourself in a mirror. I think it takes 10 generations for Negro genes to fully dissapear. In any case, it's not like you get to choose your haplogroup.

Oh, I know it was illogical. I just was like: Oh my God, what if I were black or Polynesian?! It would change my view of my ancestry and background.

I disagree regarding negro genes, though. There are plenty of mulattos who who do not look black and many with grandparents who could pass as white. Warren G. Harding was very, very likely black in part, but did not look especially so.

I still wonder what mine are. I need to find a good service that tests for a good price. If anybody knows any reputable sites, contact me or respond.

Nat geo or FTDNA

wormhole
07-08-12, 07:03
Oh, I know it was illogical. I just was like: Oh my God, what if I were black or Polynesian?! It would change my view of my ancestry and background.

I disagree regarding negro genes, though. There are plenty of mulattos who who do not look black and many with grandparents who could pass as white. Warren G. Harding was very, very likely black in part, but did not look especially so.

Nat geo or FTDNA
That was a lie in order to spread false rumors. They never found Black in their family tree. You can tell somebodies mixed with Black just by looking at them. And no, a European that's "swarthy Middle Eastern looking" does not count. Middle Easterns are still Caucasoid and skin pigmentation means nothing. Lots of Welsh can look Middle Eastern. Look at Sean Connery for instance.

JFWR
07-08-12, 09:01
That was a lie in order to spread false rumors. They never found Black in their family tree. You can tell somebodies mixed with Black just by looking at them. And no, a European that's "swarthy Middle Eastern looking" does not count. Middle Easterns are still Caucasoid and skin pigmentation means nothing. Lots of Welsh can look Middle Eastern. Look at Sean Connery for instance.

There is some significant historic evaluations of Mr. Harding (not Afrocentric BS) that suggest some negro ancestry.

Regardless of whether that individual is black, the idea that negro blood is so predominant that other characteristics will be less expressed seems fairly odd and unjustified on a scientific level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._K._Butterfield

Would you call this gentleman a mulatto? He is. Shockingly enough!

There are plenty of examples when whites mixing with blacks produce passable mulattos that would be very, very difficult to discern from plenty of whites.

I will grant you that this is increasingly rare. It is not LIKELY for a mulatto (especially nowadays) to pass for white if their parents were pure black and pure white. BY the time of grandparents, though, you can easily get someone with a pretty significant white look. Great grandparents even more likely.

Also, I agree with you that there are plenty of darker skinned whites who have not a drop of negro blood. I am hardly here to proclaim that the majority of Italians can count themselves African, or Spainards, or Greeks. As you said, even the Welsh trend suprisingly swarthy at times (though Sean Connery is a Scot), and I've been mistaken for a Greek (though I didn't have a tan).

ElHorsto
07-08-12, 11:49
Look at Sean Connery for instance.

I look at Sean Connery and can't see anything middle eastern. He is just brunette and actually looks commonly western european.

Kardu
07-08-12, 12:21
Sean Conner is Scottish/Irish not Welsh. And being a Caucasoid is one thing but in my opinion only extremely unattentive person can mistake a darker skin European with a Middle Easterner.

Maciamo
07-08-12, 13:53

Haplogroups have little virtue in making someone special because they only refer to mtDNA (a tiny sequence that is not even part of the 46 chromosomes) or, for men, the Y-chromosome (which doesn't do much except making male organs). The main role of mtDNA is to produce the energy inside the cells. The most common haplogroups should normally be those that are the most successful or best adapted to our lifestyle and environment. So you shouldn't really wish for rare haplogroups, or rare private mutations that could mess up the good functioning of your body. As far as mtDNA haplogroups are concerned, the more common, the safer.

wormhole
09-08-12, 00:50
The Welsh can get pretty swarthy. Even Tom Jones minus the Blue eyes looks pseudo-Middle Eastern. Southern Euros aren't the only swarthy Europeans.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wx4NiUxKHD0/SuSB8q2BgNI/AAAAAAAAAAw/Oo27lCstI5g/s320/tom-jones-old.jpg

ElHorsto
09-08-12, 01:04
There is always the problem that many people can recognize only colors but no shapes.

Kardu
09-08-12, 01:12
The Welsh can get pretty swarthy. Even Tom Jones minus the Blue eyes looks pseudo-Middle Eastern. Southern Euros aren't the only swarthy Europeans.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wx4NiUxKHD0/SuSB8q2BgNI/AAAAAAAAAAw/Oo27lCstI5g/s320/tom-jones-old.jpg

Even if he had the blackest eyes he would not pass for a Middle Easterner. For looks and similarities facial features and proportions are thousand times more important than tonality of skin or the color of eyes.

Alan
09-08-12, 04:48
Even if he had the blackest eyes he would not pass for a Middle Easterner. For looks and similarities facial features and proportions are thousand times more important than tonality of skin or the color of eyes.
To be fair he does look more Middle Eastern than Sean Connery, clothed a bit different He would not stick out.

Sean Connery on the other hand looks West European.

Kardu
09-08-12, 11:27
To be fair he does look more Middle Eastern than Sean Connery, clothed a bit different He would not stick out.

Sean Connery on the other hand looks West European.
Maybe for an average observer yes, but I know Middle Easterners too well to mistake this guy for one. (even if he'd wear thobe etc.)

JFWR
09-08-12, 15:36

I have to admit: I had no idea until recently that Tom Jones was a native Welshman.

Also, I was pretty shocked to find that Catherine Zeta-Jones was a Welshwoman, also. However, I have known that for a good ten years (back when she was still a big actress).

ElHorsto
09-08-12, 18:23

Tom Jones indeed looks a little bit black-african, but not near-eastern. His features are much too rugged for a middle-eastener.

wormhole
09-08-12, 21:57
Tom Jones indeed looks a little bit black-african, but not near-eastern. His features are much too rugged for a middle-eastener.

O__O, Middle Eastern I could understand but BLACK ssa African? I think you're over-estimating my claim.

Many Europeans and Middle Easterners look alike and can pass for one another. It's a fact of life since W.Asia and Europe are close.

ElHorsto
09-08-12, 22:02
O__O, Middle Eastern I could understand but BLACK ssa African? I think you're over-estimating my claim.

Many Europeans and Middle Easterners look alike and can pass for one another. It's a fact of life since W.Asia and Europe are close.

Of course, but not exactly Tom Jones.
But here is one example of an arabic-looking Swede, Ingmar Bergman:

Still, without his brunette pigmentation he would perfectly pass for an average nordic swede.

wormhole
09-08-12, 22:19
Hmm. It's important to remember that Middle Eastern looking Europeans are still genetically European. Granted, they may not be the most attractive in my opinion, they're still equally European as anyone else though.

ElHorsto
09-08-12, 22:44
Hmm. It's important to remember that Middle Eastern looking Europeans are still genetically European.
Granted, they may not be the most attractive in my opinion, they're still equally European as anyone else though.

I agree, but why not attractive? Anyway, my point is that pigmentation is not that much important and very often leads to ridiculous classifications. Take Gheg-Albanians for instance: they are among the blondest balkan peoples, yet very dinaric looking and autosomally among the most southern. Jews are often redheads etc. I'd not be surprised if Tom Jones turns out to resemble a so-called rugged "paleolithic survivor" when replacing his hair and beard.

zanipolo
10-08-12, 00:44
What I detest the most is the naming of sublades or full Haplogroups to either, slavic, germanic, jewish, arabic etc etc

where there slavs or jews when these haplogroups formed!...no.

To me its blatant discrimination in reverse and a reason why we have so much issues here.

Example, tell a spaniard that there is more african genes in spain then italy( right or wrong) and he will be annoyed. the africans that arrived and replaced the neaderthals are not the africans of today.

wormhole
10-08-12, 01:19
I agree, but why not attractive? Anyway, my point is that pigmentation is not that much important and very often leads to ridiculous classifications. Take Gheg-Albanians for instance: they are among the blondest balkan peoples, yet very dinaric looking and autosomally among the most southern. Jews are often redheads etc. I'd not be surprised if Tom Jones turns out to resemble a so-called rugged "paleolithic survivor" when replacing his hair and beard.
PERSONALLY, I find Germanic/Polish looking women the most attractive. North/Central European area, and I'm a Euro-mutt. But of course, women from all over Europe are attractive and I've seen it. I don't like the super tanned look.

Jews are a mixed bunch. They are actually Turkic Kazhars, but Ashkenazim Jews have inherited a lot of the European genome through assimilation.

JFWR
10-08-12, 17:57

No pure Jew is a redhead. Jews who have red hair have white ancestry. Remember: All that is necessary for a Jew to fit into his people is for his mother to be Jewish or his mother to convert to Judaism. The father's identity is meaningless and the mother's original ethnicity is, too. That being said, the Jews have been marvelously competant in retaining the purity of their bloodline due to a strong support for inmarriage.

Knovas
10-08-12, 20:40
There is no "pure jew", such a thing does not exist. Jews can have red hair because their genetic composition is mostly West Eurasian, hence it depends on the individual inheritance to have the mentioned trait or not. The same happens with blue eyed or blond jews.

In average is not expected to find significant light eyes or hair among jews, but it's not incredibly rare at all.

JFWR
11-08-12, 04:01
There is no "pure jew", such a thing does not exist. Jews can have red hair because their genetic composition is mostly West Eurasian, hence it depends on the individual inheritance to have the mentioned trait or not. The same happens with blue eyed or blond jews.

In average is not expected to find significant light eyes or hair among jews, but it's not incredibly rare at all.

Nonsense. The Jews have a remarkable rate of homogeny for all their diaspora. There are certainly Jews who qualify as purer than others, and many which are undeniably pure along the male line (such as the Cohen with the Cohen haplogroup).

"West Eurasian" has only a small population of redheads. None of these redheads are to be found in the Middle East in general, where the Jews derive, and the Jews who do have red hair have such from mixed ancestry with white Europeans.

ElHorsto
11-08-12, 11:44
"West Eurasian" has only a small population of redheads. None of these redheads are to be found in the Middle East in general, where the Jews derive, and the Jews who do have red hair have such from mixed ancestry with white Europeans.

I don't think that's true.

Knovas
11-08-12, 14:13
None of the above is true. Autosomal tests show Jews (both Sephardic and Ashkenazi) always shift many different clusters with high percents (including atlantic_baltic and med). The most purer kind of Jews seems to be the Yemeni Jews according to he data available, and they're still made of different influences (similar to some Saudis). "Jew" is not a pure genetic, as usual it's a mix.

The homogeny refered above it only means they show almost identical proportions in autosomal tests, not that they fall almost exclusively in one/two clusters or something like this. I agree that Jews who always lived in the Middle East would be dark most times, but those who are diaspora are substantially different, hence, it's easier to find light traits among them (even if not very common).

ElHorsto
11-08-12, 14:47
A lot of interesting but also contradictory informations in Wikipedia, associating red hair with british isles, jews and udmurts, among others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

Vallicanus
12-08-12, 10:10

Sean Connery is not Welsh but Scots-born of Irish extraction.

wormhole
13-08-12, 06:50
Sean Connery is not Welsh but Scots-born of Irish extraction.
Well whatever he is, he has a Middle-Eastern vibe about him. When I imagine a "Scottish" person, I see this:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/5/1/1241201971837/Graeme-Pacitti-002.jpg

foryouandme
16-08-12, 23:57
The most common haplogroups should normally be those that are the most successful or best adapted to our lifestyle and environment. So you shouldn't really wish for rare haplogroups, or rare private mutations that could mess up the good functioning of your body. As far as mtDNA haplogroups are concerned, the more common, the safer.

That is a rather biased theory coming from a scientist. Bryan Sykes' was also a bit biased with his "The Seven Daughters of Eve" (he, himself belonging to one of the major haplogroups - Tara). You're obviously meaning that people with rare DNA are not biologically good enough as people with common DNA. There must have been a time when they were the strongest small lineage of their own haplogroup to have even survived till this day the rest being extinct or perhaps they mostly ended up with men with dominant Y-DNA haplogroups. Since I, myself come under one of the most common haplogroups (Ursula) I am grateful to Mr Sykes for including my haplogroup in his book and I don't find it that much biased that I'm very intrigued by minority haplogroups since they are endangered anyway.

foryouandme
17-08-12, 00:21
Tom Jones indeed looks a little bit black-african

I agree. He does look of mixed race descent. He has a deep voice.

But then all Eurasians who have at least Y-DNA haplogroups A, B, and E and MtDNA L anywhere in there ancestry autosomally or not must be of mixed race descent over thousands of years. My theory is that curly and wavy hair possibly denotes these ancestors.

wormhole
17-08-12, 03:31
I agree. He does look of mixed race descent. He has a deep voice.

But then all Eurasians who have at least Y-DNA haplogroups A, B, and E and MtDNA L anywhere in there ancestry autosomally or not must be of mixed race descent over thousands of years. My theory is that curly and wavy hair possibly denotes these ancestors.

LOLWHAT?!

So, all Europeans with wavy/curly hair have African ancestors? That's the most flawed thinking/logic I've ever encountered on this site thus far. I guess 75-80% of the European population has distant African ancestry.

skaheen15
17-08-12, 03:35
If by 'distant' you mean, going back 40 or 50,000 years, then yes, all Europeans do have African ancestors.
And many of them certainly have more recent African ancestry than that.

wormhole
17-08-12, 04:00
If by 'distant' you mean, going back 40 or 50,000 years, then yes, all Europeans do have African ancestors.
And many of them certainly have more recent African ancestry than that.

That would also include yourself.

skaheen15
17-08-12, 04:36
That would also include yourself.

Naturally, it would include all of us.

JFWR
17-08-12, 05:21
LOLWHAT?!

So, all Europeans with wavy/curly hair have African ancestors? That's the most flawed thinking/logic I've ever encountered on this site thus far. I guess 75-80% of the European population has distant African ancestry.

Exceedingly.

That being said, tightly coiled (nappy) hair, or excessively naturally curly hair, is likely representative of non-European ancestry. However, to have these features would require recent admixture.

wormhole
17-08-12, 07:18
Exceedingly.

That being said, tightly coiled (nappy) hair, or excessively naturally curly hair, is likely representative of non-European ancestry. However, to have these features would require recent admixture.
I disagree with that. Lots of Europeans have very curly natural hair. Kinky (tightly coiled) and naturally curly are very different.

Kinky/Coily:
http://naturalhairrocks.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/two-strand-twist-kinky-twist-out1_full.jpeg
Curly:
http://www.maddygersh.com/images/curly-large.jpg

wormhole
17-08-12, 07:20
Exceedingly.

Once again, this would include yourself. It's not like your an exception.

foryouandme
30-08-12, 16:51
LOLWHAT?!

It's very much a possibility, whether you like it or not. We all have African ancestors and all our autosomal genes get reshuffled from generation to generation. Surely some genes can survive. And please keep an open mind because that's part of science.

Kardu
30-08-12, 20:21
It's very much a possibility, whether you like it or not. We all have African ancestors and all our autosomal genes get reshuffled from generation to generation. Surely some genes can survive. And please keep an open mind because that's part of science.

That we had African ancestors doesn't necessarily mean that those first humans 150 000 years ago looked like modern Africans (Bantu, San etc.)

foryouandme
22-09-12, 20:56
That we had African ancestors doesn't necessarily mean that those first humans 150 000 years ago looked like modern Africans (Bantu, San etc.)

Well, I'm not only talking about the first humans. There have been Sub Saharan African ancestors among Eurasians only a few hundred years ago.

Here's an interesting link

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/3323-History-in-our-genes-DNA-technology-is-helping-Black-and-White-Britons-to-trace-their?

Rachel Burke
02-10-12, 01:34
I was happy with my U4 mtdna

RaHoWa
21-10-12, 15:36
It's just a matter of perspective.My Y-dna is R1b-L21 which is pretty common in all of Western Europe and the British isles but I am glad of the results since it's has to do with the Celts of the British Isles,for me it's a good thing.My mtdna was H,I havent done further testing but H is one of the most common mtdna groups in all of europe and I am glad it was H,I know it goes back to the Indo-Europeans who settled Europe,if I had a rarer neolithic type I would be disappointed in those results so I am glad I have a common Indo-European mtdna type and Ydna type also.Its just a matter of your perspective really.

RaHoWa
21-10-12, 17:28
Tom Jones is Welsh,he has Welsh-Immigrant background in his immediate family,so maybe that has something to do with why he looks so darky

MOESAN
21-10-12, 18:12
Tom Jones is Welsh,he has Welsh-Immigrant background in his immediate family,so maybe that has something to do with why he looks so darky

Tom Jones (Jones is not his true surname) has some astonishing features, but as a whole, the most of them (forehead, face, teeth a.s.o.. ) has nothing to do with well achieved negroid look; more "ancestral" than purely african...

MOESAN
21-10-12, 18:22
anout teeth, I go back, because 'show business' people change them so often...

ElHorsto
22-10-12, 17:23

It's not that he is darky. He has even light eyes. It's the fleshy nose and curly hair together with some facial features which makes him resemble very vaguely a Mauretanian or Othello. I mean not truely sub-saharan, but rather north-west maghrebian.

ElHorsto
22-10-12, 18:01
Exceedingly.

But mind that red hairedness is almost always accompanied by curlyness.

Carlos
31-10-12, 16:40
It's just a matter of perspective.My Y-dna is R1b-L21 which is pretty common in all of Western Europe and the British isles but I am glad of the results since it's has to do with the Celts of the British Isles,for me it's a good thing.My mtdna was H,I havent done further testing but H is one of the most common mtdna groups in all of europe and I am glad it was H,I know it goes back to the Indo-Europeans who settled Europe,if I had a rarer neolithic type I would be disappointed in those results so I am glad I have a common Indo-European mtdna type and Ydna type also.Its just a matter of your perspective really.

Hello how are you? I hope you have a good day, good or a good night!

You talk about rare Neolithic haplogroups, what are, I have the pleasure of knowing them?

Anyway Neolithic migrations are the best thing that could happen to Europe and with the passage of time pre-Neolithic populations and Neolithic finished mixing would not you like good cheese perhaps? I love like all dairy products, although I drink skim milk, you know, to hold the line.

Greetings, has been a real pleasure talking to you, good day passes, or rather, have a good night.

regards

Grubbe
06-05-13, 16:00
I am quite satified with my haplogroups. But since they represent only a tiny fraction of my DNA, I try to find out of the haplogroups of other lines, as well. So far I know of 3 more R1a, 4 I and 1 R1b, all Norwegian lines. Of other mtDNA lines, I have one J (J1c2) and 4 H.