Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Down Under
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 - Z19945
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a4o
What I really want to know is if its worthwhile doing tests for less than 37 markers. The reason is , if I present my fdtna test results for only 12 markers and place them into a Ydna predictor it gives me these results
K2 (T) =>54% N-E.Europe =>18% E3b-M183 =>13% I-M253 =>8% O =>4%

Granted , ftdna have more accurate results. But lets say I go for a 25 marker, my results are
N-E.Europe =>55% K2 (T) =>39% E3b-M183 =>3% Q-M242-Group1 =>3%

If I then go to ......as an example 27 markers, I get
K2 (T) =>89% N-E.Europe =>5% Fx =>4% ...........this clearly indicated DYS460 and Gata-H4 are very important

on to 37 markers and its
K2 (T) =>99%

My point is that the 25 marker ( and neither is the 12 one) is not conclusivess, yet T Hg is the first in line.

Since some only do 12 markers, is it enough to indicate which is your HG, are these predictors reliable?

If I use the russian predicator, then this is what I get

12 markers = N Haplogroup Probability
1 T1b-L131 99%

25 markers = N Haplogroup Probability
1 T1b-L131 100%

27 markers = N Haplogroup Probability
1 T1b-L131 100%

37 markers = N Haplogroup Probability
1 T1b-L131 100%

I only become T1b with the 11th marker DYS392 which is 13 , prior to that marker I am either I-M253 or F-M89 in HG type

lastly ........Is it worthwhile in an upgrade from 37 to 67 markers with my haplotype

Not really for what you are trying to get from the data. If you are really interested in your admixture (i.e. % West European, % North European, % West Asian, etc.), the way to go is with an autosomal DNA test. Three options are 23andme, Geno 2.0, and FTDNA's Family Finder.

Not really for what you are trying to get from the data. If you are really interested in your admixture (i.e. % West European, % North European, % West Asian, etc.), the way to go is with an autosomal DNA test. Three options are 23andme, Geno 2.0, and FTDNA's Family Finder.

old post by me......currently have done all the autosomal ....and awaiting Genbank result in a weeks time
- FF places me on the french Italian swiss border
-uni of illinois places me in south tyrol
- other testers place me in eastern alps

thanks for reply

This thread has been viewed 6708 times.

Back