Most Beautiful Mediterranean Island

Which is the Mediterranean island you like the most?

• Total voters

julia90

Passione Mediterranea
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Tuscan-Italian-(European)
mtDNA haplogroup
H5b
Wich is the Mediterranean island you like the most?

My favorite is Naxos island in Greece. This island is known as a source of emery, corundum until a modern time it was one of the best abrasives available. It is a unique blend of ancient ruins and beach culture.

I haven't been to all of them so it would be impossible to say, although I thought Santorini was very beautiful in a very stark way.

Still, I prefer more green, nature a bit tamed, so my favorite (of the ones I've seen) is Capri, which isn't even listed.

Faraglioni-dal-Passitiello.jpg

36748.jpg

6_d.20140919132156.jpg

Mag-Slideshows-Annabelle-Capri-42IMG_2929.jpg

The Gardens of Augustus:
giardini-augusto-capri.jpg

You can climb down this incredibly long staircase hewn into the rock to reach Da Luigi at the foot of I Faraglioni. The trip back up is a "trip" if you know what I mean, but you can wimp out and go by boat. :) It was one of my best vacation days ever. Food is great too.

These pictures don't even begin to do it justice.

capri-faraglioni-strand.jpg

Island-of-Capri-Italy-At-The-Foot-of-the-Faraglioni-2016.07.09-L1000051-1047x700.jpg

Da Luigi: more glorious pictures on their website, along with pictures of the great food:
https://www.luigiaifaraglioni.com/

A famous commercial is set on Capri near these rocks: the Dolce and Gabbana light blue commercials. They're risque so I won't link to them, but they do capture the scenery very well.

All non-flat small islands have my respect

This thread has been viewed 6197 times.

Back