Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Down Under
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 - Z19945
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a4o
In the Alleles (DYS) , which numbers have the most importance or weighted importance or combined importance.?

I was told that DYS393, 390, 19, 391, 388, 392 and Gata-H4 where the most important.
Sometimes 389i and 389ii is included

If this is true, then 5 of these makers for me make me Hg Q

I always thought as your ancestors made this journey over time( thousands of years) , they mutated certain markers which gave them an indication to the path taken.

Does anyone have more information

You can't 100% determine a haplogroup from STRs, because haplogroups are defined by SNPs. When people talk about alleles being more important, they're usually referring to how some markers mutate faster than others. Slower mutating markers are better for distinguishing between haplogroups, while faster ones are better for distinguishing between different individuals within haplogroups.

However, even with slow markers only, you'll need more than 5 to predict your haplogroup with high confidence.

You can't 100% determine a haplogroup from STRs, because haplogroups are defined by SNPs. When people talk about alleles being more important, they're usually referring to how some markers mutate faster than others. Slower mutating markers are better for distinguishing between haplogroups, while faster ones are better for distinguishing between different individuals within haplogroups.

However, even with slow markers only, you'll need more than 5 to predict your haplogroup with high confidence.

Can you let me know which are the slower mutating markers.

I ran whit athey's predictor in all modes and it states ( BTW ...I did same test with ypredictor, same result pattern ( russian one)
99.9% T with 39 fitness score ( less than 50% ...strange not even a confirmed , over 50 Haplotype )
0.1 % Q with 21 fitness score,

What was strange was in the first 11 markers tested, I was 87% Q , 5 % T and 5% J2a
with the 12th marker (389ii), I went 72% T and 24% Q...............How can 1 marker make so much of a difference.?

This thread has been viewed 6557 times.

Back