PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Cocktail?

JFWR
07-08-12, 09:03
I'm a gin and tonic man. What about you?

sparkey
08-08-12, 17:41
What's a cocktail? I drink my drinks neat.

I like whiskey (mainly Bourbon), fruit brandy (like Calvados, kirschwasser, eau de vie, etc.), and herbal liqueurs/spirits (Chartreuse, ouzo, etc.). Quality ones, anyway... I don't drink large quantities. Why mix with anything?

ebAmerican
08-08-12, 18:12
Red Bull and Vodka - I just can't get passed my college days for more mature grown-up drinks!

JFWR
09-08-12, 03:59
What's a cocktail? I drink my drinks neat.

I like whiskey (mainly Bourbon), fruit brandy (like Calvados, kirschwasser, eau de vie, etc.), and herbal liqueurs/spirits (Chartreuse, ouzo, etc.). Quality ones, anyway... I don't drink large quantities. Why mix with anything?

Good choices. However, I woul say that gin is highly enhanced by being served in a cocktail as opposed to straight. I actually do enjoy gin neat, but tonic water is a magnificent addition to its flavour.

Whiskeys are less interesting in cocktails, excluding juleps, or a good Manhattan. I've never had a liquer or brandy based cocktail, as like you, I tend to drink those straight on the occasion I drink them at all.

JFWR
09-08-12, 04:00
Red Bull and Vodka - I just can't get passed my college days for more mature grown-up drinks!

Amped and drunk? Dangerous combination. You seem like the type of guy who used to buy Four Loco, too.

FBS
09-08-12, 14:58
B52 version with absinthe on special occasions, or neat Becherovka. Otherwise I love wine all the time.

JFWR
09-08-12, 15:43
B52 version with absinthe on special occasions, or neat Becherovka. Otherwise I love wine all the time.

I've only had straight absinthe. It is absolutely delicious. I love the taste of anise, so it is a really ideal drink with me. It strikes me a sort of sweet, stronger gin, and I am a big fan of gin, so I quite approve it.

Carlos
13-09-12, 01:44
For a few years I've caught hobby alcohol, I do not know if you have to see that my father's father and my grandfather had been alcoholics, and in my teens and early youth I drank quite like any young, but now, it makes me sick alcohol, I just want to drink healthy drinks, beer without alcohol as much.

MrKappa
26-08-13, 02:45
Bloody Cesear, Gin and Tonic, or basically anything which is sour or salty. No sweets!

SumitaSofat123
10-01-15, 13:34
I like drinks wine and red bull...