Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-m223
mtDNA haplogroup
H64
The title explains the topic: Where does one get Autosomal Testing? Specifically, which laboratory services are considered the best for their price?

I'ts necessary to purchase a 23andme kit or FTDNA Family finder data (there are others as well, it's up to you), and once you have it, just send your raw data to Dodecad or Eurogenes which are very good and have no additional cost. Instead, you can run the DIY software to avoid sending your raw data, but results are less accurate.

Now 23andme is 299$ but I have a promotional code (-50$). Time ago was cheeper even without promotional code though.

By the way, I see you don't have 4 grandparents from a single European country. Both projects want people like this, so probably you'll have to learn to use the DIY software. However, the Eurogenes project accepted many white Americans of mixed European background, so maybe worth trying. Dodecad only accepted those samples a few times.

I'ts necessary to purchase a 23andme kit or FTDNA Family finder data (there are others as well, it's up to you), and once you have it, just send your raw data to Dodecad or Eurogenes which are very good and have no additional cost. Instead, you can run the DIY software to avoid sending your raw data, but results are less accurate.

Now 23andme is 299$ but I have a promotional code (-50$). Time ago was cheeper even without promotional code though.

By the way, I see you don't have 4 grandparents from a single European country. Both projects want people like this, so probably you'll have to learn to use the DIY software. However, the Eurogenes project accepted many white Americans of mixed European background, so maybe worth trying. Dodecad only accepted those samples a few times.

thanks on info,

just a question that ftdna will not answer me ( maybe they are too busy) , do I need to get a new kit or will they use my exist samples that they have, will it destroy my samples that I have ( if used) as I still need to do some SNPs as ISOGG found another 2 SNP for T line group i belong to, on the 8th of August.
Lastly, I have continous parental line records going back to great-great-great grandparents, does this make any difference to the tests?

I read your message Zanipolo and I answered you more or less the same. I think you should ask Dorianfinder, since he was tested by FTDNA and knows better than me how it works and what do you need. I purchased 23andme, so I don't know some details.

my relative ( in Italy) just got back an autosomal result and asked me what derived means, as per part of his test

@
@

+ @
+
@

22.3%Norwegian_V(derived) 3.8 2

22.2% CEU (derived) @ 4.04
22.1% Welsh (derived) @ 4.08
22% Swedish_V (derived) 4.12

22.1% Orcadian (derived) 4.15

He also has the word referred

And what is CEU

Thanks a lot. This is precisely what I wanted to know.

Yikes, I will have to save up a bit.

Oh lame, they wouldn't do my results? Well, that stinks. But I would learn the DIY tests.

thanks on info,

just a question that ftdna will not answer me ( maybe they are too busy) , do I need to get a new kit or will they use my exist samples that they have, will it destroy my samples that I have ( if used) as I still need to do some SNPs as ISOGG found another 2 SNP for T line group i belong to, on the 8th of August.
Lastly, I have continous parental line records going back to great-great-great grandparents, does this make any difference to the tests?

FTDNA uses existing samples for all additional tests be it SNP, STR, or Family Finder etc. If the material is not enough they will send you a new kit.
Having paper trail records of your ancestry is good for your genealogical research, it won't affect the tests themselves.

This thread has been viewed 6257 times.

Back