Norwegian admixture - Caucasus

drogin

Reaction score
I recently took the FTDNA Population finder, and got 67% Orcadian and 33% Russian. However, FTDNA's tool use very few comparison populations, so I took the raw data and used it on the most commonly used admixture calculators out there.

Are the results normal for a Norwegian, so that they are just "background noise" or small admixture present in all the population? Or do I got more Caucasus, Central Asia, Baloch than average?

If I look at each individual chromosome, I notice that the Caucasus and Baloch DNA is clustered at high % at some specific chromosomes, and some low(typical 4-8%) on the other chromosomes.

Kalkulator Dodecad K12b:
North_European 51.08
Atlantic_Med 31.99
Gedrosia 9.12
Caucasus 5.72
Siberian 1.67
Southeast_Asian 0.24
Southwest_Asian 0.18

MDLP-K15:
Celto-Germanic: 34.31%
Balto-Slavic: 15.85%
Balto-Finnic: 12.79%
Iberian: 6.7%
Balkanic1: 6.5%
West-med: 6.25%
Caucasian: 4.61%
Paleo-North-European: 3.45%
East med: 2.74%
Uralic-Permic: 2.63%
South-Central-Asian: 2%
Balkanic-2: 1%
Volga-Uralic: 0.89%
East-Altaic: 0.28%
West-Altaic:0%

Kalkulator HarappaWorld:
Baloch 9.57%
Caucasian 5.89%
NE-Euro 57.27%
SE-Asian -
Siberian 0.98%
NE-Asian -
Papuan 0.19%
American 0.86%
Beringian 0.72%
Mediterranean 23.80%
SW-Asian 0.73%

-------------------------------

Chromosomes HarappaWorld:
Chromosome 21:
21.9% Baluch
5.9% Caucasian
only 39.6% NE-euro

Chromosome 22:
13% Caucasian
6% SW-Asian

Chromosome 16,10,1:
~9-12% Baloch

Chromosome 7:
18.7% Baluch

Chromosome Dodecad K12b:
(Average" across chromosomes Cacasus ~= 4.5%)
("Average" across chromosomes Gedrosia ~= 8%)

Chromosome 22:
- Gedrosia 3.8%
- Caucasus 18.1%

Chromosome 21:
- 19.6% Gedrosia
- 8.2% Caucasus

Chromosome 11:
- 15.5% Caucasus
- 10.2% Gedrosia

chromosom , MDLP World-22 Admixture:

Chromosome 21:
- 34.0% West-Asian
- 25.6% Atlantic_med_neolitic
- 33.8% north-east-european

Chromosome 11:
18.5% West-asian

Chromosome 7:
18.1% West-Asian

Chromosome 1:
11.4% West-Asian

I recently took the FTDNA Population finder, and got 67% Orcadian and 33% Russian. However, FTDNA's tool use very few comparison populations, so I took the raw data and used it on the most commonly used admixture calculators out there.

Are the results normal for a Norwegian, so that they are just "background noise" or small admixture present in all the population? Or do I got more Caucasus, Central Asia, Baloch than average?

If I look at each individual chromosome, I notice that the Caucasus and Baloch DNA is clustered at high % at some specific chromosomes, and some low(typical 4-8%) on the other chromosomes.

Kalkulator Dodecad K12b:
North_European 51.08
Atlantic_Med 31.99
Gedrosia 9.12
Caucasus 5.72
Siberian 1.67
Southeast_Asian 0.24
Southwest_Asian 0.18

MDLP-K15:
Celto-Germanic: 34.31%
Balto-Slavic: 15.85%
Balto-Finnic: 12.79%
Iberian: 6.7%
Balkanic1: 6.5%
West-med: 6.25%
Caucasian: 4.61%
Paleo-North-European: 3.45%
East med: 2.74%
Uralic-Permic: 2.63%
South-Central-Asian: 2%
Balkanic-2: 1%
Volga-Uralic: 0.89%
East-Altaic: 0.28%
West-Altaic:0%

Kalkulator HarappaWorld:
Baloch 9.57%
Caucasian 5.89%
NE-Euro 57.27%
SE-Asian -
Siberian 0.98%
NE-Asian -
Papuan 0.19%
American 0.86%
Beringian 0.72%
Mediterranean 23.80%
SW-Asian 0.73%

-------------------------------

Chromosomes HarappaWorld:
Chromosome 21:
21.9% Baluch
5.9% Caucasian
only 39.6% NE-euro

Chromosome 22:
13% Caucasian
6% SW-Asian

Chromosome 16,10,1:
~9-12% Baloch

Chromosome 7:
18.7% Baluch

Chromosome Dodecad K12b:
(Average" across chromosomes Cacasus ~= 4.5%)
("Average" across chromosomes Gedrosia ~= 8%)

Chromosome 22:
- Gedrosia 3.8%
- Caucasus 18.1%

Chromosome 21:
- 19.6% Gedrosia
- 8.2% Caucasus

Chromosome 11:
- 15.5% Caucasus
- 10.2% Gedrosia

chromosom , MDLP World-22 Admixture:

Chromosome 21:
- 34.0% West-Asian
- 25.6% Atlantic_med_neolitic
- 33.8% north-east-european

Chromosome 11:
18.5% West-asian

Chromosome 7:
18.1% West-Asian

Chromosome 1:
11.4% West-Asian

I am no expert, and I do not know what the average Norwegian would score. However, I wonder if the links to populations like Balochs, Central Asian and Caucasus are there because your male ancestry is R1a1a-heavy? I am largely English from the Danelaw areas, with some more recent Norwegian ancestry and score 10.01% for East European admixture on DIY Dodecad. I'm told that the average UK score is around 4%. Again, this too may have something to do with Scandinavian levels of R1a1a ancestry in the genome.

the presence of "gedrosian" or "baluch" in Western Europe doesn't seam linked only to Y-R1a (even if it's a good candidate for carrrying such genes) because it's found too among "celtic" peoples - I think it is surely linked to I-E tribes, and some of the Y-R1b of W-Europe could have taken these genes before their way to West, too -
I have no certitude at all but it could support the thesis of a South Caspian origin of I-E languages or an early station there by a lot of the first I-E speakers - let's wait a little more yet?
&: ? or only contact between "italo-celts" Y-R1b and steppic Y-R1a (Corded) where only female DNA would be passed to "Celts"??? hum hum!!! very uncredible - and Basques have too some "gedrosian" our "baluch", I believe...

the presence of "gedrosian" or "baluch" in Western Europe doesn't seam linked only to Y-R1a (even if it's a good candidate for carrrying such genes) because it's found too among "celtic" peoples - I think it is surely linked to I-E tribes, and some of the Y-R1b of W-Europe could have taken these genes before their way to West, too -
I have no certitude at all but it could support the thesis of a South Caspian origin of I-E languages or an early station there by a lot of the first I-E speakers - let's wait a little more yet?
&: ? or only contact between "italo-celts" Y-R1b and steppic Y-R1a (Corded) where only female DNA would be passed to "Celts"??? hum hum!!! very uncredible - and Basques have too some "gedrosian" our "baluch", I believe...

Gedrosian matches very well to both, R1b and centum within europe, but exactly not to R1a. Caucasus matches within Europe well to R1a, satem and some neolithic expansions, but exactly not to R1b. Only the Basques do not fit in the IE-explanation because they do not speak indo-european. So the very high gedrosian admixture in Basques could be explained by the same way as Maciamo explains the basque R1b (which is also very high). But it is no perfect explanation, yet there is no better available so far. I personally tend to associate Gedrosian and R1b origins also with the aral sea region as opposed to the caucasus region, but it is all speculation. I also would not yet entirely abandon a paleolithic explanation for gedrosian admixture in west and north europe, despite it has not been found in ancient samples. European gedrosia admixture is a very interesting riddle.

Gedrosian matches very well to both, R1b and centum within europe, but exactly not to R1a. Caucasus matches within Europe well to R1a, satem and some neolithic expansions, but exactly not to R1b. Only the Basques do not fit in the IE-explanation because they do not speak indo-european. So the very high gedrosian admixture in Basques could be explained by the same way as Maciamo explains the basque R1b (which is also very high). But it is no perfect explanation, yet there is no better available so far. I personally tend to associate Gedrosian and R1b origins also with the aral sea region as opposed to the caucasus region, but it is all speculation. I also would not yet entirely abandon a paleolithic explanation for gedrosian admixture in west and north europe, despite it has not been found in ancient samples. European gedrosia admixture is a very interesting riddle.

I disagree in NO way with you here - but I was thinking some Y-R1a-Y-R1b could have merged at ancient times, in SW-SIberia >> E-Ukraina on the way to West (I give no timing because I have not the data for)- keep in mind some old and rare modesl of R1a found only among Celts and Germanics - surely the Y-R1a common among Slavs can be a later 'big boom' occurred at contact zones between steppic peoples and other W-Asians different (more Cuacaus centred) from Gedrosia - and as you say, all that is still all speculation - good afternoon -

This thread has been viewed 7657 times.

Back