PDA

View Full Version : Breivik "Sane"

hope
24-08-12, 11:39
So Anders Breivik, the man who planted a bomb killing eight people before going to the small island of Utoya and murdering a further
sixty-nine innocent people, mostly teenagers, has been declared "Sane" by the court and given a sentence of 21 years, to serve a minimum
of 10 ! It was noted that Breivik "smirked as the verdict was read out".
I cannot but wonder if the doctors have gotten this one right.
The prosecution will appeal the decision.

Spion Stirlitz
15-09-12, 01:49
He only killed leftists, gays & lebians, and friends of the "Palis"...

Wonder really why he was not plainly acquitted. :thinking:

Spion Stirlitz
15-09-12, 02:24
He only killed leftists, gays & lebians, and friends of the "Palis"...

Wonder really why he was not plainly acquitted. :thinking:

PS.

Less than half a year for every life he took.

Wonder, hypothetically, how many times should he had payed for sex to get the same sentence, under the marvellous Scandinavian laws.

how yes no 3
15-09-12, 21:51
So Anders Breivik, the man who planted a bomb killing eight people before going to the small island of Utoya and murdering a further
sixty-nine innocent people, mostly teenagers, has been declared "Sane" by the court and given a sentence of 21 years, to serve a minimum
of 10 ! It was noted that Breivik "smirked as the verdict was read out".
I cannot but wonder if the doctors have gotten this one right.
The prosecution will appeal the decision.

he is clearly insane, but should not get away from punishment due to being insane...
depends on how you define sanity....he was aware of what he was doing...
but his "awareness" shows total lack of empathy/ carrying for other people which defines him as severely insane.....

way too mild sentence has to do with Scandinavian leftist laws....
he would have gotten lifetime sentence in most other countries...
and in those that still have death sentence, he would get one...

edao
17-09-12, 22:07
It seems the entire world is aware of his mental illness except the Norwegians.
I doubt the sentence length means much as I doubt he'll ever be released.
I don't see what point there is in having him sit in jail for the rest of this life?
I think life time prisoners should be given the choice to end their lives, if anything it's more humane.

LeBrok
18-09-12, 00:14
I don't see what point there is in having him sit in jail for the rest of this life?
I think life time prisoners should be given the choice to end their lives, if anything it's more humane.
Interesting thought. I'm for it.

Beast
18-09-12, 14:29
It's 21 years + forvaring.. He has to serve 21 years since Norwegian law says one cannot be given more than that, but after the 21 years are done he will be judged again... Until he dies in prison.