Apperance of the illyrians

Well arguably they were something like Dinaric with maybe other influences here and there.

Just my opinion but i think they might have looked something like this guy.
3Sy9vbf.jpg
rcZzEzZ.jpg
Ca8Bq7E.jpg

Well arguably they were something like Dinaric with maybe other influences here and there.

Just my opinion but i think they might have looked something like this guy.
View attachment 5816
View attachment 5817
View attachment 5818

I wonder who you call Illyrians of Today?

Croats? Bosnians? Serbs? Montenegrins? Albanians?

SP_PASPALJ_DSTANKOVIC.jpg

Paspalj
Is He Illyrian or Slav?

images

Muslimovic

what about Him? Illyrian or Slav?

images

and her Illyrian or Slavic?

I wonder who you call Illyrians of Today?

Croats? Bosnians? Serbs? Montenegrins? Albanians?

SP_PASPALJ_DSTANKOVIC.jpg

Paspalj
Is He Illyrian or Slav?

images

Muslimovic

what about Him? Illyrian or Slav?

images

and her Illyrian or Slavic?
What has this to do with my post?
I just posted a person i think might have resembled Illyrians and now you post some Croat athletes!!!

No

I posted a Montenegrin a Bosnian and a Croat,

seems the one you call Illyrian as possible Illyrian lloks like much with Slavic also.

No

I posted a Montenegrin a Bosnian and a Croat,

seems the one you call Illyrian as possible Illyrian lloks like much with Slavic also.
Nothing Slavic in his look, he's a Dinarid/Norid. As typical Balkanic as it comes since it's a representative of that part of Europe.

The sculpture on the book is an Illyrian individual. It gives me an impression of today's Kosovo people. I don't think Illyrians were blond. The blond Illyrians probably were Illyrised Celts.

Reactions: FBS
The sculpture on the book is an Illyrian individual. It gives me an impression of today's Kosovo people. I don't think Illyrians were blond. The blond Illyrians probably were Illyrised Celts.

i have the book and read it, have you?

The kosovo albanians are the original Albanians , but in the ancient times they where called the Dardanians ( read book moesia and Pannonia), they lived in the fertile lands between the bottom of the Carpathian mountains and the dinaric mountains further south, they where continuously attacked by thracians from the east and NE, Macedonians from the south and SE and illyians from the north and NW. They had to flee into the dinaric mountains in the SW and hide..............I have already posted the article once before

i have the book and read it, have you?

The kosovo albanians are the original Albanians , but in the ancient times they where called the Dardanians ( read book moesia and Pannonia), they lived in the fertile lands between the bottom of the Carpathian mountains and the dinaric mountains further south, they where continuously attacked by thracians from the east and NE, Macedonians from the south and SE and illyians from the north and NW. They had to flee into the dinaric mountains in the SW and hide..............I have already posted the article once before
I saw the book in bookstore. Skimmed few pages and I did not like it. What was your impression of the book?

According to Glasinac remains Illyrians were 2/3 Nordid and 1/3 Dinarid

According to Glasinac remains Illyrians were 2/3 Nordid and 1/3 Dinarid
I am not aware who Glasinac is. What Dinarid means? According to Coon a dinarid is a cross race between a Nordid and a Med. Obviously Celts were nordid. Kosovo Albanians have a strong Celtic presence. DNA tests are showing it and people noticed it long ago. English anthropologist Edith Durham in 19 century in her book "High Albania" told her contemporary people that Albanians have".......a dash of Celtic blood". So that is the nordid part of Illyrians. The man in the picture does not show any nordid feature. Todays inhabitants of Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia show a large presence of E,J,R1b which is Illyrian. The first cousins of ballkan slavs namely the russians do not have these haplogroups. If Illyrians were nordid then the presence of Nordid I haplogroup should have been higher. In fact is minimal. So there is no reason to believe that Illyrians were largely blond and nordid.

Most likely similar to modern Albanians, Greeks from Epirus, and Montenegrins.

which illyrians ?, as there are many many tribes who have no genetic, no linguistic or no tribal association with each other , but are named by ancient greek and romans under one geographical banner of illyrian.

I, agree with your post. Its hard to know if Illyrians were a unified people. But somehow they could have been related.

I, agree with your post. Its hard to know if Illyrians were a unified people. But somehow they could have been related.

Greeks (and Romans) made mistake, Illyria and Illyricum were mix different tribes. From North to South bearers of R1b, I2a, R1a, E-V13 etc. were inhabitants of Illyria (Illyricum).

Mostly Illyrian tribes were bearers I2a/R1a mix. Today's Serbs, Montenegrins, Bosniacs and Croats are descedents these tribes. Serbs, Bosniacs and Croats have similar Y-DNA and language is practically same. The difference is religion.

South Illyrian tribes were mostly E-V13. Today Albanians and the part of Montenegrins are descedents these tribes. The biggest concentration of E-V13 haplogroup in the world is in North Albania, Kosovo, and part of Montenegro (line south-east).

Greeks (and Romans) made mistake, Illyria and Illyricum were mix different tribes. From North to South bearers of R1b, I2a, R1a, E-V13 etc. were inhabitants of Illyria (Illyricum).

Mostly Illyrian tribes were bearers I2a/R1a mix. Today's Serbs, Montenegrins, Bosniacs and Croats are descedents these tribes. Serbs, Bosniacs and Croats have similar Y-DNA and language is practically same. The difference is religion.

South Illyrian tribes were mostly E-V13. Today Albanians and the part of Montenegrins are descedents these tribes. The biggest concentration of E-V13 haplogroup in the world is in North Albania, Kosovo, and part of Montenegro (line south-east).

you can't say for sure because ther was also a slavic invasion and also some others before that, i2a/r1a is also found in slavic countries which doesn't necessarily represent slavic but also not illyrian, because of the fact that slavic also carried i2 and also r1a, there was a continious movement of people because there were no borders, r1a some was there some came with slavs same for the i2a, which you can read on the eupedia i2 haplogroup same for r1a on eupedia, and same for other hg aswell.

which illyrians ?, as there are many many tribes who have no genetic, no linguistic or no tribal association with each other , but are named by ancient greek and romans under one geographical banner of illyrian.
It's FALSE

Since they were called Illyrians by their contemporaries you have no authority to question them.

It was a big population, which was divided through time diverged in to tribes, but they had always genetic relations, linguistic relations.

This thread has been viewed 13772 times.

Back