R1b-U152

Giordano57

Reaction score
Ethnic group
ItaloCeltic
I'm new to genetics so if this is stupid take it easy on me. (y)

If U152 originated in the Black Forest, wouldn't it be more prevalent in the surrounding regions? The only place I see it having a comparable presence to Italy is near Alsace/Black Forest, which was a Roman center for viticulture and so highly valued by Rome that it became a major permanent Roman military settlement with troops sent by Caesar all for half a millennium. Then of course the ridiculously high amount of it in Corsica while the rest of it mainly is in Italy.

And if it originated in the Black Forest, why isn't there a more consistent flow of it from the Alsace/Black Forest region to Italy? Instead, it's like a blob near Alsace, then it decreases a little, and then once it hits Italy increases again and it looks like Corsica has the highest concentration of U152 of all places at above 50%.

we rely today on small samples (when speaking about some regions) - for I know, R1b is strong for the most in North Corsica, not in South Corsica - I think R-U152 is not so heavy as you think in Alsace/Elsass even if strong enough there - all the way I think also we can't give it a so precise birthplace for now - I see it as a more central Europe downstream of R-P312 than L21 or others and I link it rather to late celto-latin movements: I 'd not be too surprised if it reveals itself as a Urnfields period developpement... maybe a first movement at BBs times in some place( Tumuli of S-Germany, and after Urnfields seams to me linked in some way to BB's impact (more cultural than demic)? for Corsica, a male dominated transmission and subsequent drift could easily enough explain its force position

Geno returned nothing for me SNP wise :(

I have contacted http://www.britainsdna.com/ about U152* and if their Chromo2 YDNA test has any downstream SNPs not tested by Geno and FTDNA.

I asked:

"I am a U152* with no known downstream SNPs.

I have tested negative to all known downstream SNPs from FTDNA and the latest Geno 2.0 chip!

U152+ L2- Z36- Z56- Z192- Z194- CTS7193- F1493- PF4363-

Do you test for any new SNP on your Chromo2 YDNA test other than the above?"

Reply:

"We test all of those, plus a number of others that could be useful, including S163, S209/Z42, S366/Z43 and 6 other new SNPs from sequences that we analysed. There may also be others originating from the recent Dutch Genome project!"

http://www.britainsdna.com/products/ydna

Chromo2 Raw YDNA

$199
£129
€160

More valuable than Geno for the Y then
smile.gif

I am a British U152*. Hopefully the GenoChip will bring in more central European U152 participants!
/QUOTE]

I had a reply from www.britainsdna.com about their 'six' other SNPs!

"We are not 100% certain of the genealogical placement of these six SNPs, some of which may be private to the person sequenced, and so are not releasing details at this time."

:sad-2:

This thread has been viewed 6586 times.

Back