Curious
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Chinese
Y-DNA haplogroup
Not known - O3?
mtDNA haplogroup
Not known - M?
I saw "Kingdom of Heaven" it was very good. Somehow I enjoyed "Quo Vadis" better. Mind you, I saw it as a child so it had a greater impact on me just as "Helen of Troy" with Rosanna Podesta as Helen. I was wondering why US Defense Secretary last name sound so familiar - Podesta. I like these sword and sandal movies. Also as a child I couldn't figure out why the city of Paris and this guy who abducted Helen also be named Paris. Of course now I kinda figured they were probably the same people the Celts and Trojans.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049301/

I saw "Kingdom of Heaven" it was very good. Somehow I enjoyed "Quo Vadis" better. Mind you, I saw it as a child so it had a greater impact on me just as "Helen of Troy" with Rosanna Podesta as Helen. I was wondering why US Defense Secretary last name sound so familiar - Podesta. I like these sword and sandal movies. Also as a child I couldn't figure out why the city of Paris and this guy who abducted Helen also be named Paris. Of course now I kinda figured they were probably the same people the Celts and Trojans.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049301/

Celts? and Troyans?

R1b? I am guessing.

R1b? I am guessing.

oh i see your point of view,

but seems Myceneans are more connected with Celts, and Troyans with Etruscans

That's interesting. I like history as told by natives than from books as there is oral history and other cultural factors that gives flesh to the stories. I understand "Helen" is really a mythical figure with probably more truth as an actual Troy was found. That is why I enjoyed the freewheeling stories from my friends from Finland, Poland, Sweden, Estonia and Hungary.

It could explain the attack on Mycenaean Greece as the Celts were driving out Hg I, E, G even R1a from the Danube and Europe. Hittites were R1b, know? So the Sea Peoples were attacking R1b and even Egypt as the Pharaohs were R1b.

Everything is intriguing.

Last edited:
That's interesting. I like history as told by natives than from books as there is oral history and other cultural factors that gives flesh to the stories. I understand "Helen" is really a mythical figure with probably more truth as an actual Troy was found. That is why I enjoyed the freewheeling stories from my friends from Finland, Poland, Sweden, Estonia and Hungary.

It could explain the attack on Mycenaean Greece as the Celts were driving out Hg I, E, G even R1a from the Danube and Europe. Hittites were R1b, know? So the Sea Peoples were attacking R1b and even Egypt as the Pharaohs were R1b.

Everything is intriguing.

the case of Pharaoh is another story,
intermediate kngdom seems to have connection with Varna and Aegean,
after Varna discoveries we see many changesin Egypt, meaning that B alkanic people enter through Abydos to Egypt,

Hettits and luwang are connected with Minoans and Myceneans also, but seems Myceneans came from Danube at 2900 BC according some and Anatolia 2300-1900 to others,
Troy is more connected with Etruscans and non IE population like Etruscans Hattians etc.

I think we went away from thread.

:sad-2: Sorry took this off-topic. It was just my curiosity as I have never been to Europe except in the movies.

But any way what you wrote is so interesting.

This thread has been viewed 5284 times.

Back