Georgian Y-DNA

Kardu

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Georgian
Georgian YDNA results so far in general terms (based on individual results and special project studies through FTDNA): G2a - 49%, J2a - 19%, J1 - 10%, R1b - 8%, I2c - 5%, L1b - 5%, E1b1b1 - 2%, , R1a1 - 2%.

More results are on their way.

Georgian DNA per.jpg

Very interesting Kardu. ¿Is L1b (or L as whole) the brother group of T? ¿Where else is common this subclade? Thanks.

Very interesting Kardu. ¿Is L1b (or L as whole) the brother group of T? ¿Where else is common this subclade? Thanks.

It's L1b* YCAII = 17-21, so called Pontic cluster.
One might hypothesize that it's 'Pelasgian' legacy, as there are some in Italy, Greece and Anatolia.

Thank you.
What is the name of the study and who is running it? Of course, do they have supplemental information (i.e. haplotypes) available?

Mike W

Thank you.
What is the name of the study and who is running it? Of course, do they have supplemental information (i.e. haplotypes) available?

Mike W
It's done by us (Georgian DNA Project administrators) in collaboration with Georgian University and Tartu University. Several Russian scientists (Balanovskys among others) are involved in data interpretation.

Majority of haplotypes (37 markers) will be available from January/February 2013 on, after the initial articles are published.
There is paleodna analysis on the way as well (from Neolithic to early medieval remains analyzed by Irish scientists), but I don't know yet when we have the first results.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/georgia/default.aspx?section=yresults

p.s. There is a parallel study of 3000 Georgians run by Georgian Medical University and Pennsylvania University. We expect their first results in the first quarter of 2013 as well.

Update:

G2a - 42%
J2a - 22%
R1b - 7.5%
R1a1 - 6.5%
L1b - 6%
E1b1b1 - 5%
J1 - 4.5%
I2c - 4%
Q1a3 - 2%

I would estimate more : 30% G2a and 30% J2 the rest seems correct but there should be less G2a than 50%! And more J2 than 20%, there's quite a lot of J2 in Georgia.

I would estimate more : 30% G2a and 30% J2 the rest seems correct but there should be less G2a than 50%! And more J2 than 20%, there's quite a lot of J2 in Georgia.

What are you talking about? And based on what? :)

There's more J2 than 20% in Georgia, and less G2 than 50%.

Levels can go between 20-72% J2 in Georgia depending on the region.

Levels can go between 20-72% J2 in Georgia depending on the region.

This is true for any region of any country relative to specific haplogroups.

As for country total J2a is 22% in Georgia ;)

More like 25-30%, even 30% isn't unlikely on a national level, M-67 is very present in Georgia. ( not to mention north-central Italy, Etruscan link probably.)

More like 25-30%, even 30% isn't unlikely on a national level, M-67 is very present in Georgia. ( not to mention north-central Italy, Etruscan link probably.)

You are talking about probabilities and I have the results of an actual study which anybody can check :)

This thread has been viewed 13994 times.

Back