Italy and Switzerland/Alsace migrations

Giordano57

Reaction score
Ethnic group
ItaloCeltic
I'm interested in the Black Forest, Alsace, Swabian, Swiss region right now. I hear a lot about Italy and Provence/Languedoc relations but I also see areas like Alsace and Switzerland have comparable levels of haplogroup T, R1b-U152, E, G, J2, etc with at least Northern Italy. I also know that women migrated more than men due to family inheritance so womens genes would not show up in yDNA research.

Was there migration between Italy and Swabia/Alsace/Switzerland? What connections did these two places have? I know in Roman times wine was a very big industry there in Alsace for Rome but I'm curious about this region because Switzerland and Alsace regions aren't discussed very often here.

I'm interested in the Black Forest, Alsace, Swabian, Swiss region right now. I hear a lot about Italy and Provence/Languedoc relations but I also see areas like Alsace and Switzerland have comparable levels of haplogroup T, R1b-U152, E, G, J2, etc with at least Northern Italy. I also know that women migrated more than men due to family inheritance so womens genes would not show up in yDNA research.

Was there migration between Italy and Swabia/Alsace/Switzerland? What connections did these two places have? I know in Roman times wine was a very big industry there in Alsace for Rome but I'm curious about this region because Switzerland and Alsace regions aren't discussed very often here.

yes there was migration, a lot ,

there is also ancient L and N3 as well as what you mentioned in tyrol alpine areas

this link will help you
http://tigen.tirolensis.info/wiki/Tyrolean_DNA_admixture_and_genetic_structure

yes there was migration, a lot ,

there is also ancient L and N3 as well as what you mentioned in tyrol alpine areas

this link will help you

I see Tyrol is in Austria, which is a fair distance from Alsace. What about further west. Was there a relationship/migrations between Italy and the Alsace/northwestern Swiss region?

I see Tyrol is in Austria, which is a fair distance from Alsace. What about further west. Was there a relationship/migrations between Italy and the Alsace/northwestern Swiss region?

Must of - Switzerland and Elsass share a border and language.

As far as I know, there are no large migrations known by historians between the 2 areas. However, we may suppose there have been some Celts coming from Switzerland or Alsace (at least some groups of people) in North of Italy in the early Iron Age : at least one (Helico), as Livy said :wary2:, but later on.
On the other side, there are proofs of artefacts coming from Italy (Etruscan or from the Golasecca culture) in Switzerland and Alsace.

This thread has been viewed 5014 times.

Back