Intra-European Ancestry DNA Test?

EuropaInvictus

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to these forums and joined because I really enjoy the discussion that goes on here :) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of any DNA testing companies that did intra-European ancestry testing? I've already done testing with 23andMe, but is there anything that goes deeper than Northern, Eastern and Southern European ancestry? I'm aware AncestryDNA by Ancestry.com does this, but that's not available in Australia unfortunately :sad-2:. The reason why I want to find a company that goes deeper than North, East and South (like "Scandinavian", "British", "Iberian" etc.) is because I don't really know a lot about my paternal side because my father left my mother when I was very young. You might consider me a little bit OCD about this, but I think it's nice to know what specific parts of Europe your ancestors came from, instead of broad and obscure terms like North, East and South... Anyway, I'm sorry if I've babbled on a bit, but if anyone can help, it'll be very much appreciated (y) Thank-you.

Hi, I'm new to these forums and joined because I really enjoy the discussion that goes on here :) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of any DNA testing companies that did intra-European ancestry testing? I've already done testing with 23andMe, but is there anything that goes deeper than Northern, Eastern and Southern European ancestry? I'm aware AncestryDNA by Ancestry.com does this, but that's not available in Australia unfortunately :sad-2:. The reason why I want to find a company that goes deeper than North, East and South (like "Scandinavian", "British", "Iberian" etc.) is because I don't really know a lot about my paternal side because my father left my mother when I was very young. You might consider me a little bit OCD about this, but I think it's nice to know what specific parts of Europe your ancestors came from, instead of broad and obscure terms like North, East and South... Anyway, I'm sorry if I've babbled on a bit, but if anyone can help, it'll be very much appreciated (y) Thank-you.

You already have what you need. 23andMe's new Ancestry Composition does Intra-European ancestry testing. You just need to adjust your settings to Sub-Regional by clicking on the (+) and changing the drop down menu on the upper right to "Speculative" for the most detail. You can also change the view to Chromosome View to see where the different "ethnicities" are on your chromosomes. (There are 22 possible and within Europe they include British/Irish, Finnish, Scandinavian, French/German, Ashkenazi, Italian, Iberian, etc...).

Crap, my profile doesn't show sub-regional (other regions) at all except 99.9% East European. It is impossible, I guess. Something's wrong.

Crap, my profile doesn't show sub-regional (other regions) at all except 99.9% East European. It is impossible, I guess. Something's wrong.

Did you click on the (+) sign until it says "Sub-Regional"? Are all four of your grandparents from Eastern Europe by chance?

This thread has been viewed 7345 times.

Back