Kosovo Y-DNA

Eldritch

Banned
Reaction score
I think Eupedia needs to insert Kosovo among the countries for their Y-DNA tables.

I think Eupedia needs to insert Kosovo among the countries for their Y-DNA tables.

why not, but a message to Maciamo would have been sufficient I think: all that need some times and data...
for me Kosovo is a part of Albania (I speak about albanian speaking population, I don't speak about lands and History), and the problem is the same for other small countries: all the way, the most we know the best it is;
I feel (with my present knowledge) that Kosovars and generally Ghegs are the "true" Alabanians", came there from mor central Balkans, and that Tosque could be a mix with more ancient population of the Pende mountains... Just a bet!

why not, but a message to Maciamo would have been sufficient I think: all that need some times and data...
for me Kosovo is a part of Albania (I speak about albanian speaking population, I don't speak about lands and History), and the problem is the same for other small countries: all the way, the most we know the best it is;
I feel (with my present knowledge) that Kosovars and generally Ghegs are the "true" Alabanians", came there from mor central Balkans, and that Tosque could be a mix with more ancient population of the Pende mountains... Just a bet!
Yes i know that they're Albanians but they differ quite a bit in Y-DNA percentages from mainland ones from what i've read.

Yes i know that they're Albanians but they differ quite a bit in Y-DNA percentages from mainland ones from what i've read.
There have been only a couple of studies doing y-dna testing of this area, maybe 50-100 people tested per study. Based on these studies, kosovars are more pelasgian, since they have more E-v13 and J2. Mainland albanians show a more Indo-European mix.

in an Albanian website called " Gjenetika shqiptare" where the people who have taken the test record their findings, there are 106 Kosovan who have voluntarily taken the test with different companies. The results are quite different from what perisich found in her sample of 114 kosovans, 8 people more than the one registered in the Albanian website. Kosovars are majority J around 36%, around 30% E,not 50% she found, R1b+ R1a are around 28%, 11% I, and the rest ,t,g,

This thread has been viewed 7181 times.

Back