PaschalisB

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Greek
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-CTS9320
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
It is accepted that J2 entered the Balkans from the middle east. When did this begin to happen? Was E-V13 already an established haplogroup in the area during that time? Did the two haplogroups follow the same route (Anatolia)?

Both Most Likely Dispersed From Anatolia Into Europe. However Some People Think That E-v13 Characterized Paleolithic Southern Europe. J2a4d Is Believed To Arivved With The First Human Settlers In Crete Over 9000 Years Ago. I Believe They Both Entered The Balkans In The Neolithic, But I Cant Tell You Which Was First, Although Check The Haplogroup Pages On This Site, There Are Plenty Of Theories On Both.

I've noticed the migration maps and according to them, haplogroup E-V13 was one of the main south european haplogroups in the neolithic, while J2 seems absent and arrived there during the Bronze Age.

Yes, Id Agree That E Entered Earlier Than J In The Balkans, But As Fpr The Greek And Turkish Islands Including Cyprus, J Was Probaly There First. And J Has Most Likely Been In Turkey For At Least 30 To 40 Thousand Years.

I've noticed the migration maps and according to them, haplogroup E-V13 was one of the main south european haplogroups in the neolithic, while J2 seems absent and arrived there during the Bronze Age.

I am not sure about age, but J2a has given diverssities in Balkans, by calculating the possibilities to achieve diversities then we can guess a possible date of entrance,
I have a feeling that is earlier about Sesklo/dimini times, yet that is not proved.

EV-13 entered Europe earlier. It was found among the Early Neolithic settlements in Spain. While, J2 has been not found and is usually linked with the Bronze Age migrations from Kavkaz-Anatolia.

I believe E-V13 entered Europe earlier.

According to latest paper on Bulgarian Y-DNA is theorized that E-V13 could have been present in Balkans since Mesolithic period.

spain has nothing to do with balcanic E-v13,

E-v13 of Blakans is same with Konya(Turkey) E-V13,

it is the youngest in Balkans,

E-V13 come first and the E-V13 found in Bulgaria is the oldest in Europe together with one found in Turkey

As I can see, the people writing on this threat are quite knowledgeable on Haplogroups J2 and E, thus I wanted to ask your opinion about this map (link below)

http://culturalandscape.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/y-haplogroup-e/

It shows that EV-22 (and not EV-13) entered Cyprus around 9500 BCE. This is actually the time period that the first neolithic settlements appear in Cyprus (Shilourokampos, Aetokremnos). Should we assume that these early settlers were E1b1b people? Before coming across this map, I was almost certain that the first settlers of Cyprus were J2a people (same clan as neolithic Cretans). Y-Haplogroup frequencies in Cyprus are around 37% J2 and 20% E1b1b. Any thoughts??

spain has nothing to do with balcanic E-v13,

E-v13 of Blakans is same with Konya(Turkey) E-V13,

it is the youngest in Balkans,

How can you say that?
E1-V13 was found in a neolithic settlement of Eastern Spain!
I agree that the distribution of Y-E1bV13 is balanced or overwent in Iberia by the Y-E1b-M86 of North Africa, according to regions, but you cannot say: "there is NOT or NO MORE EV13 in Spain" or "Spain has nothing to do with balkanic EV13 ; we can just suppose that some E-V13 in Spain (S-E Spain in first place) came after Neolithic, at Calcholithic and Bronze Ages, with Helladics (what culture is covered by this term?), Anatolians and Greeks -

As I can see, the people writing on this threat are quite knowledgeable on Haplogroups J2 and E, thus I wanted to ask your opinion about this map (link below)

http://culturalandscape.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/y-haplogroup-e/

It shows that EV-22 (and not EV-13) entered Cyprus around 9500 BCE. This is actually the time period that the first neolithic settlements appear in Cyprus (Shilourokampos, Aetokremnos). Should we assume that these early settlers were E1b1b people? Before coming across this map, I was almost certain that the first settlers of Cyprus were J2a people (same clan as neolithic Cretans). Y-Haplogroup frequencies in Cyprus are around 37% J2 and 20% E1b1b. Any thoughts??
not possiable ev-13 is over 30 thousand years,It is pure african genetic,ev-13 entered balkans between 4000bc to 9000bc..

read this thread it explians it http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/28810-Rome-spread-Middle-Eastern-and-North-African-Y-DNA

most E1b1b including E1b1b V13 and J1 and J2 and T spread in Europe during the Greco Roman age but since there is a 7,000 year old E1b1b V13 sample in north Spain with three G2a's it was definaley in Europe in the Neolithic age but since today e1b1b v13 is centered around Greece and Italy and that it is popular in the same areas as j1 it probably mostly came in Greco roman age

E-V13 in Konya

E-V13 of Blakans is same with Konya (Turkey) E-V13,

As for presence of V13 in Turkey why did you mention exactly Konya??
Some suggest that Anatolian V13 is from back migration from Balkans.
I am profoundly interested in the relation of V13 in Konya and Balkans.

This thread has been viewed 12874 times.

Back