Is it possible to determine if...

In Britian, It Is Believed To Have Arrived With The Celts 3000 Years Ago. So Yes This Clade Is Tied To The Celts. Obviously It Has More Complex Origins, But It Is Believed To Have Had Some Correlation With The Celts In The British Isle

It is not immediately obvious to me. If you were of one of the main "Cont" subclades (Z161+) I would guess Germanic, and if you were one of the main "Isles" subclades (M284+) I would guess Celtic, but it looks like you're in the generally ambiguous "Roots" sector (L1229+). I haven't really kept up with opinions on where British Roots lines are thought to have originated. Who are some of your closest matches?

It is not immediately obvious to me. If you were of one of the main "Cont" subclades (Z161+) I would guess Germanic, and if you were one of the main "Isles" subclades (M284+) I would guess Celtic, but it looks like you're in the generally ambiguous "Roots" sector (L1229+). I haven't really kept up with opinions on where British Roots lines are thought to have originated. Who are some of your closest matches?

Sparkey, any update on where the British roots line are thought to have originated??

Sparkey, it seems nomenclature on FtDNA has been updated, and if you check the link in the OP, it now states that this clade is I-M223. Is this Germanic?

Sparkey, it seems nomenclature on FtDNA has been updated, and if you check the link in the OP, it now states that this clade is I-M223. Is this Germanic?

"I-M223" is just the SNP nomenclature for what used to be "I2b1" in the haplotree nomenclature. M223 is an ancestor to L1229.

This thread has been viewed 6447 times.

Back