i1

tjlowery87

Reaction score
Ethnic group
english,bavaria.thats all i know
was i1 considerd nordic before the coreded ware culture came to north germany and scandinavia?

thank you

Probably not, as it was not yet in Scandinavia before corded ware culture so I guess they could not be considered Nordics? Hope this somehow answers your question.

Probably not, as it was not yet in Scandinavia before corded ware culture so I guess they could not be considered Nordics? Hope this somehow answers your question.

I thought that hg I was considered the oldest haplogroup in Scandinavia? And that R1a/Corded Ware folks came later bringing agriculture?

are you writing here about Y-I1 ? Because I think I1 is old enough in Scandinavia -( as suggested by the high levels among Finns and Ostrobothnia of Finnland -) - we don't know its age and if Y-I1 was not there at old times we can suppose its upstream SNPs were already there? - in Finnland it could have been two ways: through Scandinavia and N-Russia, even if it seems that the big number came rather through the first - it 's true we need ancient DNA to be surer - and I think that Y-I1 came into Scandinavia by more than one wave, BEFORE I-E and WITH I-E speakers of N-Germany-Denmark: the different distributions of I1 SNPs seem proving that -

This thread has been viewed 4882 times.

Back