PDA

View Full Version : i1

tjlowery87
28-02-13, 00:43
was i1 considerd nordic before the coreded ware culture came to north germany and scandinavia?

thank you

adamo
12-05-13, 09:06
Probably not, as it was not yet in Scandinavia before corded ware culture so I guess they could not be considered Nordics? Hope this somehow answers your question.

Grubbe
12-05-13, 15:39
Probably not, as it was not yet in Scandinavia before corded ware culture so I guess they could not be considered Nordics? Hope this somehow answers your question.

I thought that hg I was considered the oldest haplogroup in Scandinavia? And that R1a/Corded Ware folks came later bringing agriculture?

MOESAN
12-05-13, 19:26

are you writing here about Y-I1 ? Because I think I1 is old enough in Scandinavia -( as suggested by the high levels among Finns and Ostrobothnia of Finnland -) - we don't know its age and if Y-I1 was not there at old times we can suppose its upstream SNPs were already there? - in Finnland it could have been two ways: through Scandinavia and N-Russia, even if it seems that the big number came rather through the first - it 's true we need ancient DNA to be surer - and I think that Y-I1 came into Scandinavia by more than one wave, BEFORE I-E and WITH I-E speakers of N-Germany-Denmark: the different distributions of I1 SNPs seem proving that -