Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Down Under
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 - Z19945
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a4o
why is there no L ydna marked on the eupedia list of nations.?
There is L in Austria, North-Italy, estonia, spain and netherlands

South Tyrol8.9% of Ladin speakers from Val Badia, 8.3% of Val Badia, 2.9% of Puster Valley, 2.2% of German speakers from Val Badia, 2% of German speakers from Upper Vinschgau, 1.9% of German speakers from Lower Vinschgau and 1.7% of Italian speakers from BolzanoPichler 2006 and Thomas 2007.
Portugal5.0% of CoimbraBeleza 2006
EstoniaL2 is found in 5.3%, 3.5%, 1.4% and 0.8% of EstoniansScozzari 2001 and Lappalainen 2007
FlandersL1a*: 3.17% of Mechelen 2.4% of Turnhout and 1.3% of Kempen. L1b*: 0.74% of West Flanders and East FlandersLarmuseau 2010 and Larmuseau 2011
GipuzkoaL1b is found in 1.7% of GipuzkoansYoung 2011

There is no L because the national average is under 1% in every European country. The data you mention is based on very small sample sizes in very local communities that are not representative of a whole country or state/region.

If I had to add one more haplogroup, it would make more sense to add H, which sometimes exceed 1 or 2% in the Carpathians and Balkans.

The Harappa civilization was extensive and may have contributed to the Gedrosia autosomal components in the Basques. Also the Portuguese and Dutch colonies were in India. There are a lot of Anglo-Indians with Portuguese names and I also came across a Dutch guy who looked entirely Indian including accent but denied he was Indian but claimed he was Dutch and showed me his Dutch name. I think he is Anglo-Indian denying his Indian heritage. Just like the Metis whose fathers were French and married local Native Canadian women, the Europeans in India also did the same as single European women were not available. It is the same in Hong Kong and Macau. There are a lot of Eurasians as British and Portuguese men marry local Chinese women. The Portuguese Eurasian women are especially very attractive.

The Harappa civilization was extensive and may have contributed to the Gedrosia autosomal components in the Basques. Also the Portuguese and Dutch colonies were in India. There are a lot of Anglo-Indians with Portuguese names and I also came across a Dutch guy who looked entirely Indian including accent but denied he was Indian but claimed he was Dutch and showed me his Dutch name. I think he is Anglo-Indian denying his Indian heritage. Just like the Metis whose fathers were French and married local Native Canadian women, the Europeans in India also did the same as single European women were not available. It is the same in Hong Kong and Macau. There are a lot of Eurasians as British and Portuguese men marry local Chinese women. The Portuguese Eurasian women are especially very attractive.

tyrol L haplogroup is middle bronze age period.....it has been tested.

middle bronze age period

That is around the time the Elamite buildings were destroyed by the Assyrians and maybe scattered. Of course, later the Persian under Cyrus made their Persapolis in Elamite territory. I think the Elamites are associted with the Harappan civilization with Hg H, L, G & J2.

On the other hand, absence-presence patterns of a rare HG can be more significant than relative percentages of an abundant HG like R1b for instance.

On the other hand, absence-presence patterns of a rare HG can be more significant than relative percentages of an abundant HG like R1b for instance.

It would if we had very big sample sizes for each region and province across the continent. But at present, some countries don't have more than a few hundred samples, so the presence of just one or two samples of a rare haplogroups can seriously comprise the overall results. I have seen this again recently comparing the old data for Bulgaria (about 150 samples) with the new Karachanak et al. study (over 800 samples). The frequency of all minor haplogroups (C, H, L, R2) decreased significantly. I am pretty sure that if we had a sample size of 10,000, they would decrease even further. That's why I prefer not to list them for the moment.

That is around the time the Elamite buildings were destroyed by the Assyrians and maybe scattered. Of course, later the Persian under Cyrus made their Persapolis in Elamite territory. I think the Elamites are associted with the Harappan civilization with Hg H, L, G & J2.

We also believe that the hotspot of L1b* among South-Western Georgians and Laz is Elamite heritage.

Elam was the most developed area when Cyrus invaded the Iranian plateau that is why Persapolis was set up there. Elam is so near Georgia and from there Elamites could easily spread to Europe i.e. Spain, Italy, Sardinia.

Elam was the most developed area when Cyrus invaded the Iranian plateau that is why Persapolis was set up there. Elam is so near Georgia and from there Elamites could easily spread to Europe i.e. Spain, Italy, Sardinia.

There were several Elamite artifacts discovered in archeological sites in Georgia.
Also some Elamite words are found (e.g. Sukkalmah) in Georgian myths..

That is very interesting. Maybe the Elamite language could be linked to the Basque language. However, Elamite and Dravidian seems to undecipherable at present.

I agree with Zanipolo - there should be an L2 Haplo in the European list of nations. This will avoid confusion with people being lead to the non-European Haplogroup L1 when researching their YDNA. I myself am L2 from Cyprus but via YDNA testing discovered I originate from South Tyrol

I presume L is African

The L you are thinking of in Africa is for MtDna.

The Ydna for L is south asia...or basically from India.

The L in the alps is noted as middle bronze age times

I believe the Elamites to have been hg T not L which has a further extreme eastern/Indian peninsula distribution.

This thread has been viewed 10452 times.

Back