Help: How can I find my R1b subgroup?

Some_jerk

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1b2a1a
mtDNA haplogroup
T2b
Hello R1b brethern,

I recently did my 23andme test, and my Y DNA result came out as R1b1b2a1a, and I was surprised that it didn't categorize me further. How can I figure out my subgroup of this... like if I am R1b1b2a1a1, R1b1b2a1a2f or whatever?

Thanks for your time and help

more testing is the only way to know for sure, of course you could look at where you're from and see what's most common but that's not reliable, in my case if I assumed based on the most common subgroup I would have thought I was the wrong subgroup of R1B.

So where would I go to obtain more testing? I've tried to find something at 23andme but it doesn't look like they have anything except for the package I have already purchased. Looking at what is common for me unfortunately won't get me anywhere because I am from Canada (Ancestry from nearly every european country).
Thank you

haha im Canadian too but I have Portuguese ancestry. i went with National Geo. which is a little pricey but they do a good job with it. They allow you to join familytreedna with your confirmed testing done so you can join projects and what not

This thread has been viewed 4570 times.

Back