i haplogroup hunter gatherers

tjlowery87

Reaction score
Ethnic group
english,bavaria.thats all i know
is haplogroup I the hunter gatherers of Europe?

Not any more, we are all farmers.
But anyway we need to find direct evidence before we can be sure, but I is the best candidate. Although we know that U5 and U4 made up the vast majority of mt lines for these earlier hunter gatherers.

so what is the I/j haplogroup and where did it originate

so what is the I/j haplogroup and where did it originate
A very rare IJ lineage was discovered in a genetic study of an Iranian population in 2012, so it seems most probable that it originated in Iran or somewhere west of the Zagros in the Middle East, of course this is my speculation, and can be completely false.
www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0041252
"Y chromosomes F-M89* and IJ-M429* were observed in the Iranian plateau: the first represents the ancestral state of the main Euro-Asiatic haplogroups [36] while the second probably moved toward southeast Europe sometime before the Last Glacial Maximum where it differentiated into the “western Eurasian” haplogroup."

A very rare IJ lineage was discovered in a genetic study of an Iranian population in 2012, so it seems most probable that it originated in Iran or somewhere west of the Zagros in the Middle East, of course this is my speculation, and can be completely false.
"Y chromosomes F-M89* and IJ-M429* were observed in the Iranian plateau: the first represents the ancestral state of the main Euro-Asiatic haplogroups [36] while the second probably moved toward southeast Europe sometime before the Last Glacial Maximum where it differentiated into the “western Eurasian” haplogroup."
This is interesting but hard to find any detail in the article on the IJ-M429* case. Any 10 STR marker haplotype ?

This thread has been viewed 5661 times.

Back