paleoethic european

tjlowery87

Reaction score
Ethnic group
english,bavaria.thats all i know
Is haplogroup I paleoethic European......?

any body got any theories?

Haplogroup I is pretty much the oldest male European lineage to enter Europe, they are linked to the gravettian culture.

would haplogroup I be with cro magnons

I think it was the very first bulk of Cro-mangoes the next to come had predominantly R1b I believe that to be aurignacian culture, the r1bs came shortly after the I men.

i4000163 (P212)T
-w08I87MJivCTfoqtmE18w_arrow_small.png
A
rs2032597 (M170)CA
C
rs2319818 (U179)AG
A
rs9341301 (M258)CT
C
these are haplogroup I markers correct

results

I don't know if 23 and me test the p.19 snpr or not

Last edited:
If there are any y lineages left from that time, I is the best candidate, but it may not be.

what are defining mutations does someone have to have every defining mutations of just a few

I won't start a thread on it but we are at the edge of a big change in term of SNP data. The 1000 genomes project collected many new Y SNPs and many are still not included in the ISOGG tree. Geno 2.0 the new chip used by the genographic project is using an unprecedented set of Y SNPs from the 1000 genomes project , from Chris Taylor Smith, From some chinese sequencing and from some Sardinian sequencing (+ those already known). A lot of data a presently accumulating but very little is known on forums such as this one. just to give an idea : at the root of I1 there are presently 24 SNPs (it's a specificity of I1 to have this long list of synonymous SNPs at the root) but with Geno 2.0 this figure should go around 72 SNPs (from partial results) ; at the I2 root there are only 2 SNPs on ISOGG but Geno 2.0 knows 12 (or about -to be confirmed), quite a change.
Why is it related to paleolithic human groups ? SNPs will allow a better estimation of the age of the branches in the Y tree. Presently, I believe that several ages are very inaccurate. By the way I also have some suspicion against the many ancient DNA haplogroup designation.
So, I consider as a possibility that [IJ] was the only Y haplogroup in Europe. As the glaciation isolated Europe IJ had an "in situ" evolution to I (and to J in the middle east). I subsequently split into I1 and I2. This scheme is similar to the mitochondrial U --> U5 --> U5a and U5b with the possibility that U also evolved in U2.
What's above isn't a demonstration of what occurred but it's a demonstration that a "simple" scheme is possible. An in situ evolution of Y-DNA I / mtDNA U would explain a specific european type.

This thread has been viewed 8513 times.

Back