toyomotor

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Australian/Irish/European
Y-DNA haplogroup
D2a1b
mtDNA haplogroup
H2a4
I read somewhere a few years ago that researchers in Wales had linked, I think it was 3000 year old, DNA to a local villager. In fact this man was a direct descendant of the ancient skeletal remains. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true? If it is, I wonder how many other ancient DNA samples can be closely linked to people still living in the region?

I read somewhere a few years ago that researchers in Wales had linked, I think it was 3000 year old, DNA to a local villager. In fact this man was a direct descendant of the ancient skeletal remains. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true? If it is, I wonder how many other ancient DNA samples can be closely linked to people still living in the region?

I think you are confused with 3,000 year old DNA they found in Urnfield culture Germany

there where two modern day descendants around that area in Germany there where 15 Y DNA samples 13 had I2a2b, two had R1a1a1b1a and one had R1b1a2a1a2 S21/U106 they reported it as just R1a and R1b but since they made the Haplotype public a put their haplotype into Y DNa subclade predictor
world haplotype and I subclade predictor

I think you are confused with 3,000 year old DNA they found in Urnfield culture Germany

there where two modern day descendants around that area in Germany there where 15 Y DNA samples 13 had I2a2b, two had R1a1a1b1a and one had R1b1a2a1a2 S21/U106 they reported it as just R1a and R1b but since they made the Haplotype public a put their haplotype into Y DNa subclade predictor
world haplotype and I subclade predictor

No, my recollection was that it was definitely in Wales, but I take no issue with your German placement.

This thread has been viewed 5710 times.

Back