i1 spread

tjlowery87

Reaction score
Ethnic group
english,bavaria.thats all i know
heres a question(just for fun)if i1 in the brittish isles didn't get there from germanics peoples,with what culture,people did it get there with,.......just make a guess,it s all in fun.

heres a question(just for fun)if i1 in the brittish isles didn't get there from germanics peoples,with what culture,people did it get there with,.......just make a guess,it s all in fun.

Interesting question...

Perhaps I1 would pop up in some Celtic groups perhaps or with pre-Celtic groups?

Either from Scandinavian genetic influence ( strictly I1) or possibly I1 may have had a minor sub-branch that left the main horde ( those going from Germany into southern Scandinavia) and already, at that time, started heading from continental Europe into England. But in my opinion what is I1 in England was predominantly from minor Scandinavian genetic influence, if not even entirely.

hey thanks for your answears I appreciate it

The next best candidate would be pre-Celtic peoples in the Isles or Belgic peoples, i would think.

i think the parsii tribe of Yorkshire my have had a little of i1 dna,being related to the parsii of gaul

The Parisi, from which modern day Parisians derive their name where a Celtic tribe of R1b stock.

I wonder how i1p got to the isles (not including recent migration)

for the fun? OK
my opinion is made for a long time: the huge majority of Y-I1 in the Isles and Ireland came from 1) continental germanic people - 2) scandinavian (viking) germanic people -
In don't think the Parisi nor the Belgae tribes had a big I1 element, nor the Celts as a whole - maybe some very rare subclades of Y-I1 could have been present at low levels in celtic tribes, but I think they are not heavy in the mixture -
very often I saw posts linking I1 more to Vikings than to continental germanics, but even the Frisons have a good % of Y-I1... It appears even that the small groups of Vikings in the West of the Isles underwent a striking genetical drift and lost Y-I1 in favor of Y-R1a and Y-Q - look at Scotland %s for Y-I1 -

The Parisi, from which modern day Parisians derive their name where a Celtic tribe of R1b stock.

Bold claim that is, to assume you know the haplogroup of a tribe. Tribes welcome members overtime, anything is possible and nothing is certain.

I though the parisi where Belgae gauls and associated with the parisi in SE England

Of R1b stock in both of those , yes

This thread has been viewed 9110 times.

Back