Luan

Reaction score
Ethnic group
SHQIPTAR
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1a2a1 L23/ R-L150
mtDNA haplogroup
H
I have read a lot on here about Albanian origin and DNA with no sources or Science proof. I did a FTDNA Family Finder Autosomal test, and my result came out as
80% South East Europe- Tuscan
20% Europe- Basque, Finnish, French, Orcadian, Romanian, Spanish

I also Had my result looked at by Dr. Douglas McDonald his result were
Most likely fit is 11.1% Europe(Various subcontienents)
and 88.9% Europe All south European(Tuscan)
which is total 100%Europe.

Last edited:
I have done a FTDNA Family Finder test myself. I will post my results on this page as soon as they're out.

I have done a FTDNA Family Finder test myself. I will post my results on this page as soon as they're out.
Looking forward to seeing your results.

I have my results 09/06....urime..

Last edited:
Mund ta shohim si faqe ..per kuriozitet duke pritur tonat ?

I think its best to write in english so others can read.
Can we look your results page ..(curiosity), waiting for our results, thank you ..(y)

Can we look your results page ..(curiosity), waiting for our results, thank you ..(y)
Check inbox. From were Albania are you from?

Uten navn.jpg

EuropeFinnish, French, Orcadian, Romanian, Russian23.20%
Europe (Southern European)Tuscan76.80%

So I got my final results. All European

It seem that Albanian score high on Tuscan. Very good.

What would this eventually tell us?

Who are these Tuscan?

Theoretically, descendants of Etruscans. People try to link them with Pelasgians. Read about Lemnos Steele.

are you saying Albanians where proto-tuscans or ?

are you saying Albanians where proto-tuscans or ?
Today there is only distant connections. Proto-Etruscan connects with Pelasgian. Gheg Albanians are natives who found refuge from invasions in the Mountains, so I would expect Ghegs to score high on Tuscan. I would expect Tosks to have some French/German percentage, with the IE-Albanian-speaking elite coming from central-Europe.

It seem that Albanian score high on Tuscan. Very good.

You do know that this FTDNA PF test has for italy and the balkans has only 4 names. FOUR NAMES FOR SOUTHEAST EUROPE
they are

Sardinian = Sardinia and Corsica
Romanian = Romanian and Bulgaria
Italian = south Italy, Albania and Greece
Tuscan = central Italy, north Italy and old Yugoslavian lands

there really is no choice, besides its in Beta stage.

DNATribes ( which NatGeno use ) has Albania, south Italy and Greece under the term GREEK

If you want something better, place your gedcom in gedmatch and one of the other 4 autosomal companies....even these are not accurate.
or better , get your chromosome painting checked by an expert for ancestry

below ..all FTDNA PF

Europe
Northeast European
Finnish
Russian
Southeast European
Romanian
Southern European
Italian
Sardinian
Tuscan
Western European
Basque
French
Orcadian (Orkney Islands)
Spanish

I wonder is it normal for Albanians scoring so high Tuscan?

most likely he is old Montenegrin, Bosnian or Serb area...then again PF tests from FTDNA are still in beta stage

You do know that this FTDNA PF test has for italy and the balkans has only 4 names. FOUR NAMES FOR SOUTHEAST EUROPE
they are

Sardinian = Sardinia and Corsica
Romanian = Romanian and Bulgaria
Italian = south Italy, Albania and Greece
Tuscan = central Italy, north Italy and old Yugoslavian lands

there really is no choice, besides its in Beta stage.

DNATribes ( which NatGeno use ) has Albania, south Italy and Greece under the term GREEK

If you want something better, place your gedcom in gedmatch and one of the other 4 autosomal companies....even these are not accurate.
or better , get your chromosome painting checked by an expert for ancestry

below ..all FTDNA PF

Europe
Northeast European
Finnish
Russian
Southeast European
Romanian
Southern European
Italian
Sardinian
Tuscan
Western European
Basque
French
Orcadian (Orkney Islands)
Spanish
Yes i know this is family finder, i stated that in my first post. And i had my result looked at by an expert, dr. Mcdonald.

most likely he is old Montenegrin, Bosnian or Serb area...then again PF tests from FTDNA are still in beta stage
If you are refering to me, I am of kosovo old dardania area.

Yes i know this is family finder, i stated that in my first post. And i had my result looked at by an expert, dr. Mcdonald.

Great, what did he give you for your bar chart and pin placing for ethnicity. ( i placed mine in this forum...I think it was the autosomal thread)
I guess his comments where well received.

As for you being dardanian, fantastic, then you are original ancient race, they fled into the albanian mountains after being attacked on 3 sides, by thracians, illyrians and macedonians all for that fertile land.

This thread has been viewed 38996 times.

Back