maternal dna test results

grandpa broon

Reaction score
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c
I have recently done a maternal dna test. I know that haplogroup J is of middle east origins. Can anyone tell me what the ethnicity of J1c is, or in what people it is more common in. Thanks

I have recently done a maternal dna test. I know that haplogroup J is of middle east origins. Can anyone tell me what the ethnicity of J1c is, or in what people it is more common in. Thanks

J1c is relatively common in western and northern Europe as far as i know, as well. My father is J1c8 and the line is from NW England.

Female Ashkenazis (Jewish) heritage is known for mtdna J1c.

Within the past 10,000 years your maternal ancestor moved from the Middle East towards Europe, I know that for sure.

Thanks for the replies - I think that the more I'm reading, I'm getting myself a little confused with the info at times. My knowledge on the female side of my family tree is limited, as my mum's mum was adopted, which is why I did the dna test

Thought I'd hi-jack this thread as it seemed a bit over the top to create a new one for a couple of questions.
I had a DNA test bought for me as a gift a few months ago and recently got the results back, from what I've read on the site I think I know the answers to most of my questions but thought it best to ask the more knowledgable posters if my understanding was correct.

Results:

Y-Chromosone - R1b - m343
Mt - Chromosome - H - 7028

Autosomal DNA - 99.20% 'European'

My 3 questions are this:

1. What does the 7028 tell me about H, I have searched about and can't find an answer for that.

2. Is it normal to be 99% 'European' and what do they mean by European (is this combining the North West, East and Mediterranean autosomal maps)?

I get the impression this is probably the most common test results a western european could come back with. Any further info would be appreciated.

Thought I'd hi-jack this thread as it seemed a bit over the top to create a new one for a couple of questions.
I had a DNA test bought for me as a gift a few months ago and recently got the results back, from what I've read on the site I think I know the answers to most of my questions but thought it best to ask the more knowledgable posters if my understanding was correct.

Results:

Y-Chromosone - R1b - m343
Mt - Chromosome - H - 7028

Autosomal DNA - 99.20% 'European'

My 3 questions are this:

1. What does the 7028 tell me about H, I have searched about and can't find an answer for that.

2. Is it normal to be 99% 'European' and what do they mean by European (is this combining the North West, East and Mediterranean autosomal maps)?

I get the impression this is probably the most common test results a western european could come back with. Any further info would be appreciated.

Who did you test with ?

answer 1 - G2706A, T7028C is the base foundation for H mtDna

answer 2 - I am 100% european and 99.83% european with 23andme ( they, 23andme, have always some minor % of unknown).....It means your oldest ancestors where in Europe over 2100 years ago ( note caucasus area is european also )

Others will answer your R1b issues if you have any

This thread has been viewed 7762 times.

Back