Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
European Mix
Y-DNA haplogroup
I1 (M253)
mtDNA haplogroup
H
Please excuse the off topic interruption... but WTF is going on in Turkey? And why aren't mainstream sources covering this stuff? For those in Turkey, please respond only if it's safe.

(I'm restricted from posting new threads with this new avator-- sorry for the inconvience.)

Please excuse the off topic interruption... but WTF is going on in Turkey? And why aren't mainstream sources covering this stuff? For those in Turkey, please respond only if it's safe.

(I'm restricted from posting new threads with this new avator-- sorry for the inconvience.)

They are covering it in Germany,

a protest camp was busted up by Police (Gezi Park); based on that more protests emerged so far 939 arrests.
thats what i understood from the last news on TV.

I read a report that twenty people are deceased in the crackdowns and that the police are firing tear gas canisters directly at the heads of protesters. I saw a photo of a women who was hit in the face and I don't doubt that her wounds could have been life ending.

What's odd is that the leader of Turkey was recently in the U.S. meeting with Nimrod. Hmmm.

I read a report that twenty people are deceased in the crackdowns and that the police are firing tear gas canisters directly at the heads of protesters. I saw a photo of a women who was hit in the face and I don't doubt that her wounds could have been life ending.

What's odd is that the leader of Turkey was recently in the U.S. meeting with Nimrod. Hmmm.

The way its reported in Germany, is that it started as an Environmental protest - not sure what it is now.
Other top story is the heavy rain and the floods of the last few days, now the sun is shining - Biblical!

Nobody, as long as the weather reports don't include outbreaks of locusts hopefully we'll be in good shape. :)

Seriously though, the police response seems way over the top from what I've seen.

I am afraid, of Arab spring, or army power,

Turkey is 2 headed,

one is army and military, with grey wolfs,
the other is islamists.

I wonder about the results,
if it is a protest like Arab spring, will go on further?,
or the power will be returned to generals like in Kemali's state model.

It looks like we are going to be in for a long, hot summer.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Will Turkey explode?

Seems like Twitter is the main suspect for riots/protest in Turkey,

many people are arested just because they use 'words' in twitter,
seems like after alcool after 10 o clock twitter will be forbiden in Turkey.

In a democracy a majority in the parliament or congress means president or prime minister has powers of a dictator. Ergodan was leading country to Islamization. It is the work of Saudi Arabian royalty.

This thread has been viewed 7084 times.

Back