Questions about the European E1b

Athelti Albanoi

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a new member and have some questions about the European E1b
I am still new in this field and dont know really that much about haplogroups

i found this site over google search and what made me curiose was this map-> eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup-E1b1b.jpg
after my research the only "study"which says that Albanians have around 40% E1b is from serbo-slavic Marijana Percic in "High-Resolution Phylogenetic Analysis of Southeastern Europe Traces Major Episodes of Paternal Gene Flow Among Slavic Populations" or are there any other sources to which you refer to for this map?

i know that the European E1b splitted over 20.000 years ago from the African branch
but does it makes one who has the E1b have any conncetions with africans or are they total different?? :indifferent:

The men of E-V13 have distant connections to north-Africans , Egyptians and Libyans in particular, as E-V13 is a mutation that occurred in the Balkans, downstream of E-M78. 25% of Albanian men are Eb ( which dominates non-negroid north-Africans: Egyptians, Libyans, Tunisians, Moroccans, Algerians) of which the vast majority of them are E-V13 ( moved from north-Africa to levant to the Balkans)

A connection? Yes, albeit a distant one

Adamo sums it up pretty accurately. We all can trace back to Africa eventually. Even those who have Neanderthal autosomal contributions can link these segments of their DNA to Africa (albeit with an approximate 600,000 year delay).

The men of E-V13 have distant connections to north-Africans , Egyptians and Libyans in particular, as E-V13 is a mutation that occurred in the Balkans, downstream of E-M78. 25% of Albanian men are Eb ( which dominates non-negroid north-Africans: Egyptians, Libyans, Tunisians, Moroccans, Algerians) of which the vast majority of them are E-V13 ( moved from north-Africa to levant to the Balkans)

hmm i doubt this
on what are all this numbers based?

Adamo sums it up pretty accurately. We all can trace back to Africa eventually. Even those who have Neanderthal autosomal contributions can link these segments of their DNA to Africa (albeit with an approximate 600,000 year delay).

at first when i saw this map i thought that the author is saying that Albanians are part black lol
but this seems to be vay more complicated

Based on reality, E-V13 is son of non-negroid east north-African E-78 Clade, no their not black, negroids tend to be E1b1a, E1b1b is a "north-African" variety whereas E1b1a is sub-Saharan African, (E1b1A is found at high % in Nigerian, Senegalese, Gabonese etc. males) E1b1b is found in Libyans, Egyptians, Algerians, Tunisians etc.

But again, it doesn't control how you look as everyone has a y-DNA AND mtdna mixture, but you get my point I guess

Basically, E1b1a is found in sub-Saharan Africans and E1b1b is found in NORTH Africans, some few middle easterners and a few European countries ( Greeks, Albanians, Bulgarians, Serbs, some Italians, Portuguese and spaniards as well.) particularly in the "southern" Mediterranean zone, most of it in europe tends to be E-V13 spread by the Greeks (E-M78 arrived to extreme southern Balkans where E-V13 mutation took place) but there can be some E-M81 (Moroccan/Algerian/Tunisian E1b1b variety) in parts of Spain, Portugal and Sicily ( along with E-V13 as well in Sicily.) the overwhelming majority of E1b1b in Greece, Albania, Serbia, Bulgaria, Italy, France ( very low % in France) is E-V13 which originated in the southern balkans and is associated with greek expansions ( NOT Greco-Anatolian, strictly greek) across the Mediterranean.

You must keep in mind that the E-M81 found in certain spaniards is not like saying E-M78 found in Greeks, it is strictly E-V13, a new mutation downstream of father E-M78 ( E-M78 originated on frontier of southern Egypt/northern Sudan) that is home to the Balkans. It came thousands of years before from Egypt, migrated to the Levantine coast of the Middle East, and then settled down in te southern Balkans, that's where E-V13 was born, son of E-M78.

So spaniards/Portuguese may have quite some E-M81, but Greeks/Albanians/Serbs etc. don't have E-M78, they are majority E-V13.

So spaniards/Portuguese may have quite some E-M81, but Greeks/Albanians/Serbs etc. don't have E-M78, they are majority E-V13.

V13 is a subclade of M78. Therefore all E-V13 is also M78.

True lol it's downstream but its still a form of E-M78 either way...just a subgroup of it I guess

They have E-M78+ E-V13+ whereas most Egyptians are E-M78+ E-V13-

Based on reality, E-V13 is son of non-negroid east north-African E-78 Clade, no their not black, negroids tend to be E1b1a, E1b1b is a "north-African" variety whereas E1b1a is sub-Saharan African, (E1b1A is found at high % in Nigerian, Senegalese, Gabonese etc. males) E1b1b is found in Libyans, Egyptians, Algerians, Tunisians etc.

ok but i doubt the numbers based on imaginary i would say
actually if they splitted over 20.000 years ago which is even before the pelasgian immigration than it makes sense
is this e-v13 the oldest haplogroup in europe?

They are E-M78 but they also have the E-V13 mutation as well. If they are E-M78 positive then certainly one of their forefathers came from southern Egypt and if they're E-V13 positive then certainly one of their forefathers had reached and came from the Balkans.

No I think hg I is the first Y-DNA to reach Europe.

In Greece M-78 is found 2 samples,
in Albania not,
in Bosnia found V-13 and a succesor mutation (sub) can't remember now, and still no M-78

About the oldest in Europe
Iberian V-13 clade is found from 8000 ago in Spain,
But Balkcanic clade is found 4000 ago today in Konya Turkey.

At that time G was already in Europe

This thread has been viewed 32444 times.

Back