Films & Series Favorite Historical Movies

I don't know if you would count "Kingdom of Heaven" as a historical movie but nonetheless it was a pretty cool (and kinda accurate) depiction of the time of the Crusades.

I don't know if you would count "Kingdom of Heaven" as a historical movie but nonetheless it was a pretty cool (and kinda accurate) depiction of the time of the Crusades.

No, I don`t know if it counts either Templar but it was certainly an excellent film with a great soundtrack.

No, I don`t know if it counts either Templar but it was certainly an excellent film with a great soundtrack.

Oh yeah the soundtrack was indeed good. I hope they make more movies similar to it. I guess people tend to avoid that time period due to political correctness *facepalm*.

I know they weren't the most accurate,however Alexander the Great and Troia are some of my favourite films.

Valkyrie (2008) does a great job of bringing to light the German Resistance to Nazism. King Arthur (2004) for the most part showcases the world of 5th century Britain and the intersecting cultures of Romans, Britons, and Saxons.

When I was very young in 1957 and 1958, my Irish grandmother had me watch the morning news show called Today with her. She was interested in the news from Algeria and Kenya.

There were often stories about Oran and Constantine, but especially about Algiers.

Battle of Algiers (1966)

http://youtu.be/7bOr_U_92xE

La Guerre du Feu(Quest for Fire) by Jean-Jacques Annaud,and Apocalypto by Mel Gibson.

Last edited:
I am not allowed to post links here yet, so I will write only the headline.

The Odyssey movie. One of the best for me.

from an American perspective, Mel Gibson's "The Patriot" was a good movie. The location, the people who some of the main characters were based on, and how the events turned out were all based on real events that took place in the latter part of the American Revolution. I also like how the movie shows other historically accurate things of the time as well, like showing how some American Loyalists fought against their own neighbors during the war.

This thread has been viewed 78084 times.

Back