Where did haplogroup T first originate

Where did haplogroup T first originate

• The levantine coast (Lebanon, Israel,Jordan)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • The Persian gulf region ( southwestern Iran)

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • The pamir knot (Afghanistan/Tajikistan) frontier

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • By the Red Sea (Saudi Arabian coast.)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

adamo

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a1a3 (T-PF7443)
mtDNA haplogroup
H
Where did hg T originate in your opinion

M184 ( T ) originated in the Persian gulf region and
M70 ( T1 ) originated in the Pamir mountains in Tajikstan

It's pointless to vote since there is not enough data now to answer that kind of question. Actually we cannot even tell where well studied haplogroups originated, even haplogroup G, I, J or R1b.

All I can say is that haplogroup T most probably played a role in the early diffusion of agriculture from the Levant to Europe and West Asia. Just before the Neolithic, hg T would surely have been present in the Levant and Egypt, but that doesn't mean it originated there tens of thousands of years earlier.

It's pointless to vote since there is not enough data now to answer that kind of question. Actually we cannot even tell where well studied haplogroups originated, even haplogroup G, I, J or R1b.

All I can say is that haplogroup T most probably played a role in the early diffusion of agriculture from the Levant to Europe and West Asia. Just before the Neolithic, hg T would surely have been present in the Levant and Egypt, but that doesn't mean it originated there tens of thousands of years earlier.

I think T went from hunter-gatherers to early farmers in europe............the ancestor of T which is K and found in australian aboriginals have always been hunter-gatherers, ...........even after 40000 years

40000 years of non agriculture left them with 3 million population .............says something about agriculture.

BTW, the high T in central France ........where can I find the data for this?

There is no high T in central FranceFrance

according to the map i posted, hg t has highs in eastern iran and tip of united arab emirates as well as a power core in southern iraq that extends well into north/central iraq (some 13% of iraqis are positive for t-m70 on a national level that makes some 7 million iraqis out of 35 million positive for t-m70.) this high extends well into eastern turkey's kurdish regions where we see another small high as well. the southern iraqi high extends well into parts of saudi arabia and eventually into egypt/horn of africa as well. kuwait is also very within the southern iraqi t high. we know its found in eastern turkish kurds (13%) many studies on assyrians show 13-15% T in assyrians towards anatolia, iraq , iran, southwestern iran (ancient elam).

seems that is found in 13-15% of assyrians, 20% of jordanians, 10% of egyptians, 13% of iraqis , even 12% of ethiopians

@adamo

why are you not using
T1a1a L208
instead of L299 ??

as you are positive for L208

im positive to L299+ according to the genographic project which is equivalent to L162+.but after transfering to ftdna and reviewing what i had been tested for, i saw i was L208+ as well, i havent been tested for p77 or p317 etc.

im positive to L299+ according to the genographic project which is equivalent to L162+.but after transfering to ftdna and reviewing what i had been tested for, i saw i was L208+ as well, i havent been tested for p77 or p317 etc.

as I said , you are no longer L299 , you are L208 which further along the branch. That is how you would be recognized by genetic scholars

i know, genographic project says im l299 but i tested positive for l208 according to ftdna, i actually posted the sequence a few pages back.

since hg T didnt challenge the Pamir knot and considering hg L went south through Pakistan to southern India where L still dominates today, wouldn't it be good to test uzbekistan , tajikistan , turkmenistan , afghanistan for hgT?

I would like to bring attention to the old map I had posted just above on this thread; the high of T on this map coincides well with a straight of Hormuz origin for T, this makes it a good candidate for the original region from which it spread to Horn of Africa/Zanzibar/Madagascar based on what we know about the prince of Shiraz (those that have been reading my posts on T know what I'm referring to lol).

Ftdna only shows a T-M184* from a Turk in gaziantep, turkey, on the border with Syria. The "increased T resolution phylogeny" study everyone knows about from biomes also states that T-M184* was only present in a Syrian (1% of the 5% T total found in the study). M70 basal is found in a Turk from Adana (again, southern turkey) and a central Iranian from the Yazd region. The next clade in order (m70+, L1255+,L1254+) is found in westernmost Iran in bandar Mashahr, not far from the Tigris valley region.

According to this study T was detected in 2% of Turkish and 1.5% of Georgian males. 4% of men from the Atlantic Madeira islands and 2% of Portuguese men have it. The frequencies were slightly higher for spaniards (3%). Frequencies were even lower in morocco (1%). Tunisia had less than 1% and Sardinia had 1%. Cameroon had 2%. Frequencies were just as low in the Czech Republic and Greece. It was detected though in 5% of 1. Druze of the levant , 2. Palestinians, 3. Ethiopians and 4. Wairak of Tanzania, making it a tad more present there, as is the case in the Atlantic Madeira islands. It was present in 7% of both Egyptian and Iraqi males. The highest frequencies detected were 8% of Omani males and 10% of Somalis.

Ftdna only shows a T-M184* from a Turk in gaziantep, turkey, on the border with Syria. The "increased T resolution phylogeny" study everyone knows about from biomes also states that T-M184* was only present in a Syrian (1% of the 5% T total found in the study). M70 basal is found in a Turk from Adana (again, southern turkey) and a central Iranian from the Yazd region. The next clade in order (m70+, L1255+,L1254+) is found in westernmost Iran in bandar Mashahr, not far from the Tigris valley region.

i already provided you information on this person, he is an armenian from the shores of the black sea. I even gave you his name.

This thread has been viewed 75298 times.

Back