R1b1b2a1a

Blau

Reaction score
Hi there. I have recently received my results from 23andme but I have a few questions if anyone could help me out please. My results state that my Y Chromosome Haplogroup is R1b1b2a1a and my MtDNA Haplogroup is V.

I've been trying to find information about R1b1b2a1a but I haven't found much. I'm interested in my specific mutations and their origins but I'm not sure what to make of what the results tell me. According to the Haplogroup Tree mutation mapper on 23andme I have the following mutations:

rs13304168 (L52) C -> T
rs9785659 (P311) A -> G
rs9786076 (L11) T -> C
rs9786283 (P310) A -> C

Does this actually mean anything? Is R1b1b2a1a common in Scotland? My father grew up within 100 miles of where my Clan is from in Ayrshire which suggests that my paternal family have been in that area for potentially as long as the Clan has existed.

Whilst I am here, could anyone possibly help shed light on my MtDNA results too, please. It came back as V, which is peculiar as my mothers maternal grandmother moved to Scotland from Ireland which is where I had presumed they had been from forever prior to Scotland. As far as I am aware MtDNA V is most common in Finland? Does anyone know the frequency rates in Ireland? Could it have been a Viking settler?

I also have a list of mutations from the same programme for my MtDNA although I'm not sure what, if anything, I should be referencing. It says that for the 'V defining mutations' i3001464 is A rather than G. I'm not sure if this is actually a mutation or a lack of a mutation? That is the only one that it gives in that section. In the 'HV0a defining mutations' it gives i3001527 as T rather than C, again I am not sure if this is an actual mutation although I think it is saying that both are.

Thank you for any help

R1b1b2a1a is not used anymore. R1b1b is not used either they changed it i think in 2011 to R1b1a since ur Y DNA name has changed i tried to find what its new name is. All of the differnt souces i found says that R1b1b2a1a is U106 so its new name is R1b1a2a1a1a U106. The U106/s21 part of ur haplogroup will never change so i think u should remeber it as r1b U106/s21 not R1b1b2a1a or R1b1a2a1a1a

Here are the surces i found that say R1b1b2a1aq is U106/s21 https://www.facebook.com/pages/R1b1b2a1a-R-U106/101768463241788
http://www.stclairresearch.com/content/lineagesDYS390-23.html
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/R1b1c_U106-S21/message/510
http://www.roperld.com/R1b1b2a1aYHaplogroupCharts.pdf

but some just said it was R1b1a2a1a1 which is about 50% of all modern western Europeans. the R1b U106/s21 is the Germanic subclade it is about 30-40% in England, lowlands scotland, Germany, Austria, Denmark, and southern Scandnavia. So if that is true that u have U106 and ur direct paternal ancestry is on scotland Your direct paternal ancestor was a anglo Saxon.

I just want to say that those people that say R1b is cro magnon and from Iberia or basque country are wrong. Those are older theories that have been proven wrong. R1b L11/ P310 spread to western Europe with the Indo European language and red hair 5,000ybp. The Germanic Italo Celtic Indo Europeans conquered all of western Euroe (except eastern Iberia) by about 2,700ybp. They had a warrior culture which is why they dominated. It seems they also spread red hair in western Europe beacsue all red hair in the world(except Udmurt Russians and Indo Iranian INdo Europeans) in withing the borders of R1b L11/P310 and the more R1b L11/P310 the more red hair. here is a link that explains it http://www.eupedia.com/genetics/origins_of_red_hair.shtml

Modern higlander Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Cornish, and Britiannie have the highest amount of R1b L11/P310 at 90-100% and 10-15% red hair. So if u are scottish period al ton or most of ur ancestry that is from over 6,000ybp goes back to central Russia. red hair is very lucky it exists over 6,000ybp it only existed in central russia then some of the red haired people in central Russia became Indo Europeans( they where not the first and not the only Indo Europeans) and spread red hair. Red hair in western Europe is a marker of R1b L11/P310 ancestry. all i am saying right now might be wrong but all the evidence and information so far seems to say this is true.

R1b and R1a which take up about 50% of European paternal lineages decend frm R1 which is not European or Caucasin it is Mongloid. R1 the orignal form today is very rarley found in Siberia and is about 60-100% of northeast Native Americans. somehow over 10,000 years ago Mongoloid R1 central Asians inter married with Europeans and middle eastern the middle easterns developed into R1b the Europeans R1a, but R1a and R1b only existed in some areas of Europe and the middle east over 6,000ybp Indo European migrations spread it like crazy.

mtDNA V orignated in northern Iberia about 15,000-20,000ybp and spread in Europe and north west africa from 10,000-15,000ybp. mtDNA is apart of a group of mtDNA haplogroups that helped resetlle europe after the last ice age which lasted from 26,600-19,000 years ago alot of central and northern Europe was uninhabitle. Once the galciers reatreated people from Iberia helped resettle Europe ans spread mtDNA H1, H3, V, and U5b1 here is a link that explains ithttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22560092 .

two 12,000 year old mtDNA samples from Morocco had V they where immigrants from Iberia. V is decended from HVOa, HVO, then HV which arived in Europe from Iraq over 40,000ybp.

mtDNA V is about 40-50% in Sami people who are very geneticallley isolated and have been for about 10,000 years. so probably a population bottleneck is probably why they have so much V. Finnish live right next to Sami that is probably why they have high amounts of V. ur mtDNA V is almost defintley not connected to Finnish or Sami. like I said it spread in Europe from Iberia 10,000-15,000ybp so ur V has probably been bounced around with many people in europe over the last 15,000 years.

here is a link which gives mtDNA haplogroup percentages of European countires http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_mtdna_haplogroups_frequency.shtml
Ireland has 4% HVO and V

I dont know what to say about the mutations

Cheers mate for you extensive post. I wasn't aware that the naming conventions had changed as 23andme gave me my haplogroup in that form. I thought the mutations may have been relevant in determining the subgroup but you managed to find out it is U106, so thanks for helping me out. :)
As for the MtDNA, 23andme told me I have 0.1% Finnish ancestry which is why I was thinking the V had to have been from a Viking settlement but your suggestion probably seems more likely than mine. In any case cheers for the links and information.

i also have

[h=2]R1b1b2a1a[/h]
im Dominican

My father and brothers are R1b1b2a1a. In 23andme it says to be R L-51.
Where are you from?
Do you have Iberian ancestors?

This thread has been viewed 35399 times.

Back