am I White or half Asian ? ( I'm a Turk )

Gurka atla

Reaction score
I must say this is physiologically distracting my conscious and racial identity. I'm Turk with roots from Ankara and I've always been mistaken as white (only eyes being slant and small, nothing unsual ) and I'm 6ft 2 tall however I did a DNA test and this is how my genetics came out and had made me reconsider my views a little.

How would you consider me? am I still Caucasian?

This is MY DNA results

14.7 Siberian
7.3% East Asian
45% West Asian
28% European
5% South west Asian

Which means I have 22% Mongoloid admixture or East Eurasian. Can I still be considered White or Caucasian or this too high for you?

Please check the genetic results of Turkish Turks samples. The results shows their East Eurasian and West Eurasian admixture

ADMIXTURE+Turkish_Aydin_Ho_3.png

i2ulwm.jpg

So surprisingly to me I'm one of those rare individual sample turks, usually 3 out 100 Turks who have 19 - 25% Mongoloid admixtures. Only about 3% or 3/100 have over 20% Mongoloid DNA.

About 1/2 of Turks have about 7% or 5 - 9%
About 1/3 of Turks have from 10 - 15%.
About 1/10 of Turks have 15 - 18.5%

What test did you take specifically? I've found there can be a large difference in results depending on the company used.

According to the results you posted above I think it is possible to say that your ethnic group is Anatolian or Turkish, however in Turkey you may identify with a sub-group that is more accurate than the non-specific and rather inclusive term 'Turkish'.

You have 45% West Asian and that is high. Despite the fact that the term Caucasian is sometimes used to refer to white people does not mean you are a white person. One could have a myriad of bio-geographical percentages and still have slanted eyes or be tall or short if those specific genes happen to be present! This is the bottom line.

Geographic percentages do not determine phenotype, in fact they are a poor indication of phenotype. I do not like to use racial terms but for the sake of argument If you look white, think white, mix with whites and identify as a white person, then you are subjectively white. There is no objective measure of white! In some communities a darker-shade of light skin colour could be viewed as white because the majority is black whereas in another country the exact same skin colour may be viewed by the average person in the street as a 'lighter-shade of brown' instead of a 'darker-shade of light skin colour' ... and may even be viewed as mixed-race or altogether foreign in less cosmopolitan communities. It's a very subjective and community-specific prejudice. Remember: A tiny proportion of your genetic make-up determines your outward appearance, this is a fact!

the thing where u pit up dna results. that is ust one type of aust DNA tests it is not perfectly accurate it does not literlly tell u exactly how much european blood u have they just call it that so people think it is perfectly accurate. Cilck hereIt explains the whole Human family tree according to the globe13 test in aust DNA. The second test u showed the results from when it says west eurasin it probably means Caucasian. Which represents Europe, mid east, and north Africa. The east Eurasin in mongloid so turks do have Mongliod which makes sense since their language orignated in east and central Asia and started by Mongliod people. On that one test u have a supringly high amount of east asian and siberian.

Southwest asian repsents mainly Arabia and surronding areas. It is also popular in north Africa. In the globe13 test Turkish have 40.1% west asian, 28.2% meditreaen, 16.2% southwest asian, 8.3% north european( European all other groups in Europe are from non European inter marriage), 3.6% siberian, 1.7% east asian, 0.7% south asia, 0.4% austrliasin.

here is a map i made of the distrubtation of west asian in the globe13 test.
attachment.php

looking at those DNA results i have not seen what other populations get on the same test. My best guess would be u where turkish. Because u have so much west asian u have to be in the area from teh turkey-pakistan. since u have such little southwest asian u cant be from around isreal or even iraq. since u have no south asia u cant be from around pakistan. since u have so much east asian, siberian, and european i would defintley guess turkish

About 1/2 of Turks have about 7% or 5 - 9%
About 1/3 of Turks have from 10 - 15%.
About 1/10 of Turks have 15 - 18.5%
Who cares, you are what you want to be.

Otherwise I completely agree with Dorianfinder. Excellently put.

What test did you take specifically? I've found there can be a large difference in results depending on the company used.

From Docedad. Here are some other Turks I know. Their East Asian Eurasian admixture ranges from 9.6% to 14%.

1. Turk from Southern Mediterranean area/Adana (14%)

2. Turk from Central Turkey/Ankara ( 14%, but he hasn't joined dodecad project)

3. Turk from Northwestern Turkey/Bolu (12%)

4. Turk from Southwestern Turkey/Aydin (11-12%)

5. Turk from Central Turkey/Konya (9.6%)

According to the results you posted above I think it is possible to say that your ethnic group is Anatolian or Turkish, however in Turkey you may identify with a sub-group that is more accurate than the non-specific and rather inclusive term 'Turkish'.

You have 45% West Asian and that is high. Despite the fact that the term Caucasian is sometimes used to refer to white people does not mean you are a white person. One could have a myriad of bio-geographical percentages and still have slanted eyes or be tall or short if those specific genes happen to be present! This is the bottom line.

Geographic percentages do not determine phenotype, in fact they are a poor indication of phenotype. I do not like to use racial terms but for the sake of argument If you look white, think white, mix with whites and identify as a white person, then you are subjectively white. There is no objective measure of white! In some communities a darker-shade of light skin colour could be viewed as white because the majority is black whereas in another country the exact same skin colour may be viewed by the average person in the street as a 'lighter-shade of brown' instead of a 'darker-shade of light skin colour' ... and may even be viewed as mixed-race or altogether foreign in less cosmopolitan communities. It's a very subjective and community-specific prejudice. Remember: A tiny proportion of your genetic make-up determines your outward appearance, this is a fact!

Turks are closer to West Asia so it doesn't surprise me what surprise is that the North Caucasus who are part of Europe have the highest West Asian admixture. Turks also have high European admixture and every study of Turkish samples from different companies I've seen always contaminated with Mongoloid admixture. Although some parts of Turkey are much more less, like for example Instanbul has only 7% or 6.8% East Eurasian admixture but than this area used to be a Greek colony. And to make things more confusing historical records shows many greeks were assimilated, the balkans slaves and and many Kurds, Armenians were also assimilated into Turk society to avoid discrimination

Lower Mongoloid admixture is obvious in places like Instanbul and Kayseri. Mongoloid admixture is almost never higher than 16% and most are 1.5 to 13%

Higher Mongoloid admixture is obvious in places like Bolu, Aydin, AnKara Mongoloid admixture can range from 5 -19.5% and the occasional 20-25% Mongoloid.

Turkish Genetics
1zovvrk.png

10 samples: 50-55% West Asian admixture + 22-29% European admixture
6 samples: 43-50% West Asian admixture + 31-35% European admixture
3 samples: 57-63% West Asian admixture + 25-30% European admixture

Non Caucasoid admixture :

Mongoloid admixture

1 Sample: 11% Mongoloid
3 Sample: 10 % Mongoloid
2 Sample: 9% Mongoloid
3 Sample: 6.8% Mongoloid
3 Sample: 5.2% Mongoloid
1 Sample: 3.5% Mongoloid
1 Sample: 2.8% Mongoloid

I truly believe the West Asian DNA is very close to European DNA.

I've check this before and it seems West Asian DNA also exists in about 10 - 25 % of Southern Europeans. It is extremely high in the Caucasus and Georgians, a lot of them has brown hair, blonde hair , blue eyes and can easily pass for any South European group even the occasional East European. Armenians also have very high amount of West Asian however they also have signficant Southwest Asian admixture like in the Arabs which perharps explains their swarthier and darker appearance.

the thing where u pit up dna results. that is ust one type of aust DNA tests it is not perfectly accurate it does not literlly tell u exactly how much european blood u have they just call it that so people think it is perfectly accurate. Cilck hereIt explains the whole Human family tree according to the globe13 test in aust DNA. The second test u showed the results from when it says west eurasin it probably means Caucasian. Which represents Europe, mid east, and north Africa. The east Eurasin in mongloid so turks do have Mongliod which makes sense since their language orignated in east and central Asia and started by Mongliod people. On that one test u have a supringly high amount of east asian and siberian.

Southwest asian repsents mainly Arabia and surronding areas. It is also popular in north Africa. In the globe13 test Turkish have 40.1% west asian, 28.2% meditreaen, 16.2% southwest asian, 8.3% north european( European all other groups in Europe are from non European inter marriage), 3.6% siberian, 1.7% east asian, 0.7% south asia, 0.4% austrliasin.

here is a map i made of the distrubtation of west asian in the globe13 test.
attachment.php

looking at those DNA results i have not seen what other populations get on the same test. My best guess would be u where turkish. Because u have so much west asian u have to be in the area from teh turkey-pakistan. since u have such little southwest asian u cant be from around isreal or even iraq. since u have no south asia u cant be from around pakistan. since u have so much east asian, siberian, and european i would defintley guess turkish

South west Asian admixture can range from 0 to 18 % in Turkish samples as you can see from the Turkish graph I posted. One has 0%, one has only 5%, some are 10 % while most are in-between 15- 18%. I suppose I'm just one of those rare individual picked Turks with low SouthWest Asian admixture.

I think the reason why I look so White/European is because of my West Asian + European component with low Southwest Asian is the same reason why Caucasus look European the only difference is I have higher Mongoloid admixture while North Caucasus people south West Asian components are non existant. West Asian admixture peaks in North Caucasus where the people have many light eyes, light hair and fair skinned.

1337535914-circassian-activists-protest-genocide-and-exile-of-1864_1225361.jpg

133759897090MS6l.jpg

stock-photo-istanbul-turkey-may-unidentified-circassian-activists-protest-genocide-and-exile-of-on-104100989.jpg

images

Adyghe

image sharing

Karbad

free photo hosting

Cherkess

photo hosting sites

Denying them of being white is going to be extremely hard. In Europe they will indistinguishable from most Europeans.

Circassiandance15.jpg

Circassian.jpg

p.jpg

circassians-demand-rights-2011-04-18_l.jpg

Turks are closer to West Asia so it doesn't surprise me what surprise is that the North Caucasus who are part of Europe have the highest West Asian admixture. Turks also have high European admixture and every study of Turkish samples from different companies I've seen always contaminated with Mongoloid admixture. Although some parts of Turkey are much more less, like for example Instanbul has only 7% or 6.8% East Eurasian admixture but than this area used to be a Greek colony. And to make things more confusing historical records shows many greeks were assimilated, the balkans slaves and and many Kurds, Armenians were also assimilated into Turk society to avoid discrimination

Lower Mongoloid admixture is obvious in places like Instanbul and Kayseri. Mongoloid admixture is almost never higher than 16% and most are 1.5 to 13%

Higher Mongoloid admixture is obvious in places like Bolu, Aydin, AnKara Mongoloid admixture can range from 5 -19.5% and the occasional 20-25% Mongoloid.

Turkish Genetics
1zovvrk.png

10 samples: 50-55% West Asian admixture + 22-29% European admixture
6 samples: 43-50% West Asian admixture + 31-35% European admixture
3 samples: 57-63% West Asian admixture + 25-30% European admixture

Non Caucasoid admixture :

Mongoloid admixture

1 Sample: 11% Mongoloid
3 Sample: 10 % Mongoloid
2 Sample: 9% Mongoloid
3 Sample: 6.8% Mongoloid
3 Sample: 5.2% Mongoloid
1 Sample: 3.5% Mongoloid
1 Sample: 2.8% Mongoloid

I truly believe the West Asian DNA is very close to European DNA.

I've check this before and it seems West Asian DNA also exists in about 10 - 25 % of Southern Europeans. It is extremely high in the Caucasus and Georgians, a lot of them has brown hair, blonde hair , blue eyes and can easily pass for any South European group even the occasional East European. Armenians also have very high amount of West Asian however they also have signficant Southwest Asian admixture like in the Arabs which perharps explains their swarthier and darker appearance.

Blonde hair and light eyes do exist in the caucus but are very rare. They are probably from European inter marriage Indo Iranian speaking tribes like sycthiens migrated in that area and their remains have majority blonde hair. Also brown hair is the most popular hair color in Europe, mid east, and north africa and no one else in the world has brown hair except it has been reported in some native Americans and east Asians. Alot of times brown hair is mistaken as being black hair. Also i have heard of studies that say blue eyes orinated in the mid east.

Because mid easterns also have the genes for blue eys of course at a lower rate than europeans. But they have a diff percentage of the ancestral version of blue eyes gene and derived version. which means they dont get it from european inter marriage and that it originated in the common ancestor of europesans and mid easterns over 40,000ybp or over 50,000-60,000ybp. depends what mid easterns ur talking about.
eyecolorhtmap.png

in all diff aust DNA tests i have looked at the one that repesnt west asia and europe are always brothers. So yes west Asians fro the caucus to turkey all the way t pakaistan are extremely related to Europeans. There is no south europea, north european, west european, east european group< I guess some aust dna test cal it that but aust dna is so complicated they might call something south european because it has more west asian admixture i dont know. South Europeans are unrelated to each because they live in south Europe Spanish- Italians can trace some similar Paleolithic and Neolithic ancestry because they live in western Europe. Same with Greeks and Polish and Ukrainians but that is because they live in eastern Europe.

All Europeans where founded by a similar ancestor group. That is part of the reason there all white skinned their related. Most aust DNA tests call the European group north euro because it is most popular in north Europe really it is actulley most popular in eastern and north east Europe.They all use diff methods but keep finding a similar group in Europeans that is unique to Europeans and distributed the same way. North euro is the Paloithic European group it would have arrived between 30,000-55,00ybp it is brother to the group that represent in west Asia in almost all aust dna tests. Since west asian is highest around the north mid east, caucus, iran to Pakistan that means Europeans ancestors most likely migrated out of the caucus mountains or Turkey.

Also what every this group all Europeans trace common ancestry too would have been where they get white skin from. So far the genes we know of that help create pale skin in Europeans also exists in other Caucasians in the mid east and north Africa but a much lower rate. So some west Asians and north Africans will have white skin it does happen and possible caucus people became dominated by pale skin like Europeans ancestors did i dont know or maybe either Europeans closest relatives.

Pakistani people have darker skin than for example Algerians or Iraqis because they have south Asian admixture from India which is not Caucasian. Well Indians are like long lost relatives of the Caucasian family. They have Caucasian skull shape, facuil features, body hair, body build, but their aust dna is like in its own family not more related to Caucasians, mongoloids, or sub sharen Africans. They probably split from Caucasians ancestors very very early when humans where leaving Africa first 100,000ybp. Which could explain why they have darker skin and no brown hair.

it is not a surprise at all Turks have high European admixture they live right next to Europe and may be where Europeans ancestors originally came from 30,000-55,000ybp. There have been Europeans in southeast Europe for over 30,000 years the inter marriage might not be in recorded history. I bet Greeks have something to do with or Bulgarians. Also Caucus people live at the border of Europe and the mid east also they are isolated in those mountains which could also explain why they have so much Y DNA G2a. I know just about everyone in the Continent Europe is white but the continent does not define ur race. What confuses me is why are caucus people so white looking if they have less european blood than Turks or Iranians. Some actulley do have alot of European like Adygei but people like Georgians do not maybe their is some european ancestry aust DNA tests are not catching or they are just really closely related to Europe i know some how they are connected they live at the border of Europe and like white that is not random.

This thread has been viewed 6251 times.

Back